Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Rust Martialis posted:

No offense but Noelreports is really not a reliable source imho.

:ironicat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Geisladisk posted:

There was definitely some of that - Remember that video of a Russian APC stopped by the side of the road barely 50 kilometers from the Belarusian border on day 1, and a Ukrainian drives up and offers them a ride back to the border and everyone has a nice laugh?

That APC has a road range of like 350 kilometers on a full tank of gas.

Don't forget that especially on the Byelorussian axis, the Russian forces widely believed that they were simply on exercise, and they first they and their junior officers knew of the invasion was the moment they crossed the border with completely inadequate fuel, food, ammunition etc.

Even in the sorry state that the Russian armed forces were in, they could have carried enough fuel if they had had the time and information to prepare. That fantastic article of the OMON unit who were accidentally at the head of the thunder run outlined it all.

It's incredibly stupid decisions like that that give me a confidence that Russia will lose this war in an increasing cascade of humiliating and brutal events. Watch to see what happens when they can't reinforce Bakhmut anymore.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

In response, Western nations completely bury Russian embassies under enormous piles of obsolete Russian dogshit destroyed by NATO equipment.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Rust Martialis posted:

No offense but Noelreports is really not a reliable source imho.

Noelreports like any pro or anti Ukr/Rus is going to do stuff, exaggerate, embelish or just out right lie. It's best to just halve everything thing they say or if it has no form of footage, geolocation, evidence etc then ignore it. If someone says Ukraine has re-taken Bakhmut or Russia has blown up 920 various vehicles in one month with nothing to back it up, just give them the finger.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.
Watch locals flock to the Russian embassies to decorate the equipment in flowers and shrines. Vandals painting them rainbow colors. All kinds of fun stuff.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/bayraktar_1love/status/1679123335265828865

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CommieGIR posted:

A lot of the Russian plan ended up like Operation Market Garden but with even worse planning and leadership.

I mean, we already do this. So by all means.

In response, how many Russian embassies could we encase in a Chernobyl style sarcophagus made out of exploded T72s? I bet we could cover most of NATO.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/maxseddon/status/1679157016206376960?s=20

Interesting. I've stopped trying to make any sense of what is going on with Wagner / Prigozhin.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
human beings cannot actually get good at things that only happen once or twice in a generation

all affairs of state are omnishambles, war chief among them. its just the fragility of what came after the omnishambles and the preventable aspects of what came with the omnishambles that marks russia as particularly hosed

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

beer_war posted:

Interesting. I've stopped trying to make any sense of what is going on with Wagner / Prigozhin.

2.5 tons isn't all that much. Munitions are heavy as heck.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
The US is so good at war because it never stops fighting them! Makes u think

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:lol:

Okkkkaaaayyyy?

Like do they think this an own when they can't even hold a rubble pile they held for a year?

This is some Mean Girls shot lmao

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jul 12, 2023

zone
Dec 6, 2016

TulliusCicero posted:

:lol:

Okkkkaaaayyyy?

Like do they think this an own when they can't even hold a rubble pile they held for a year?

This is some Mean Girls shot lmao

They're doing this in retaliation for destroyed Puccian equipment ending up in front of their embassies last year.

naem
May 29, 2011

HonorableTB posted:

Oceania will defeat Eurasia!! We have always been at war with Eastasia!! Double Plus UnGood

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

sexy tiger boobs posted:

A single 155mm shell weighs in at 100lbs.

2.5 tons = 50 rounds.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

https://twitter.com/ch1w33th3d0g/status/1679005796611559424

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

sexy tiger boobs posted:

That has to be a typo.

I know it's apples to oranges, but just finding it hilarious that it is equivalent to 2 shells for 16in guns on a battleship. Can't even fire a full turret with that.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

The Locator posted:

A single 155mm shell weighs in at 100lbs.

2.5 tons = 50 rounds.

yeah that was my immediate reaction. 50 shells is enough for like, one decent barrage of a single hardpoint. if that's what their reserves were it's little wonder why the launchers were never used, you would've used them once and then never again.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Negostrike posted:

Pro-click tweet thread

loving LOL.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

HonorableTB posted:

Unironically, yes.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
pls post small zelenskyy

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

beer_war posted:

All of that kit looks very... old, heading sedately for obsolescence.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

HonorableTB posted:

pls post small zelenskyy

IDGI, but lol anyway

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Just Another Lurker posted:

But enough about the president, what about our brave boys in the veedeevee

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Just Another Lurker posted:

Yeah, most of the stuff is laughably old stuff you'd expect to see on the hands of the 2nd line conscripts in a full mobilization, not something that is given or reserved for the Russian private elite army. Look at the assault rifles, they are just boxes of random variants and production runs. They don't even have pic rails attached to them, and that's just slapping a bolt-on piece of metal to the gun any gun mechanic trainee could do.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

neato burrito posted:

IDGI, but lol anyway

Vaginaface
Aug 26, 2013

HEY REI HEY REI,
do vaginaface!

beer_war posted:

Didn't Prigozhin say outright that he had been lying about ammo/conditions for two months prior to his stunt? I got the impression that it was meant to stock up for an internal fight (while depriving Putin of any ammo shoigu would give), while also creating a pretext for the rebellion.

When he came out with "psych", the implication was that they had at least decent reserves

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

HonorableTB posted:

pls post small zelenskyy

needs a Brodyquest version imo

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
smolensky is not a meme

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Proton, Neutron, Zelensky

el3m
Jun 18, 2005
Grimey Drawer

sexy tiger boobs posted:

This was 2500 tons by the way, but still I'd expect Wagner to have as much available in the supply chain and isn't a real stockpile

zone
Dec 6, 2016

el3m posted:

This was 2500 tons by the way, but still I'd expect Wagner to have as much available in the supply chain and isn't a real stockpile

In fairness, after the massive amounts wasted at Bakhmut, even 2,500 tons probably seems like an enormous amount of ammo to anyone that scraped even that much together.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1679203404462059526
WHAT AIR DEFENSE DOING ???????? ????????

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Kind of interesting thet the kit they show isnt kit that wagner said it was short of. It never said it was running out of vehicles or weapons, it was fuel and shells.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you
I just want to say that there is quite a few pro-Russians living in eastern Ukraine, thanks to them 1) having retained their Russian national identity after their families moving there during the Soviet Union and 2) being exposed to heavy Russian propaganda for 20 odd years. I know someone who’s in the diaspora here in Norway that only watch RT and other Russian news. I’ve only had a short conversation with her, but that sure were something

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Runa posted:

To be quite honest I don't care what excuses Russia puts up if, at the end of the day, they all decided to pack up and leave Ukraine, including Crimea.

Peace should be the ultimate goal and, as the aggressors, Russia has the power to end the war at any time.

What I wanna know is when they’re going to return all the children they stole and sent back to Russia to be adopted. Just one of their many war crimes.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Everybody always asks what air defense doing, but nobody ever asks how air defense doing. :smith:

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Are vatniks even trying any more? They do realize Ukraine has very high quality recon equipment, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

zone posted:

Are vatniks even trying any more? They do realize Ukraine has very high quality recon equipment, right?

I'm the angry eyes