Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Eh. Nobody plays Knight of the Dead, and that’s a much less punishing drawback. There just aren’t that many constructed decks that just want a pile of stats with no minion type, synergies, or immediate impact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
I don't know, I feel like you could end up with a pure aggro deck that happens to be able to save its card draw for after you get enough value out of Careless Mechanist. Maybe after Crooked Cook rotates, because I can't see an aggro deck not running that and that just makes Mechanist instantly kill itself.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Julio Cruz posted:

how did it take me until today to notice that Cookie’s hero power works on any minion not just friendly ones

I’ve passed on him so often because he just never seemed all that good and his armour tier always confused me

I just learned after years that the player with more minions always attacks first

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

im going to lose games to a kthir transformed into my wincon and its going to be infuriating

why blizz

why

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Excelzior posted:

im going to lose games to a kthir transformed into my wincon and its going to be infuriating

why blizz

why
It's chameleos all over again!!

kater
Nov 16, 2010

goferchan posted:

I just learned after years that the player with more minions always attacks first

Wtf

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Also those are all fun looking rares how strange

kater
Nov 16, 2010

You can forge without playing right? So it’s basically that Viking mtg mechanic from a few years ago? Seems not terrible but like absurdly passive.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

kater posted:

You can forge without playing right? So it’s basically that Viking mtg mechanic from a few years ago? Seems not terrible but like absurdly passive.

Yeah, it's basically a two mana kicker you can pay on earlier turns.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Do we know if forging reveals what you're forging?

Scholtz fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jul 12, 2023

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Unless you’re playing an absurdly agressive deck there are plenty of occasions where you have mana left over; sometimes even after a hero power. Some classes your hero power is super good and you can pretty much always just throw it in and have it be impactful but then you have like Control priest for eg where your hero power can often do literally nothing, so I can see forge being a cool mechanic in a priest deck.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist

Scholtz posted:

Do we know if forging reveals what your forging?

It does not. Your opponent sees that you forged something, but not the specific card.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Yeah it's on a loading screen tip that's either new or somehow I have never noticed it

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
oh good, what the world needed was a cheaper Zola you can have two of

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Julio Cruz posted:

oh good, what the world needed was a cheaper Zola you can have two of

I'm assuming "temporary copy" means you have to play it that turn right?

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

goferchan posted:

I'm assuming "temporary copy" means you have to play it that turn right?

As far as I understand it, yes. Which in most metas would limit it to things that are either cheap enough to play two of them in a turn while spending two mana on the Projectionist (and thus probably aren't very good) or things that managed to survive a turn (and thus probably aren't a must-kill). But we have Astalor, and you can get two of him with six mana and two neutral cards. So... look forward to another Astalor nerf, I guess.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

its too bad AV rotated

To The Front - > Titan - > cover artist (Titan) -> projectionist -> Titan

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

In a surprise to no one, Sargeras made it to round 2 in "Choose your Titan".

Voting for week 2 has started.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/vote/choose-your-titan/

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Meme thief priest card, arena fodder x3, and a degenerate combo enabler

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The way y’all talking I thought there were new quests this is the same stuffs

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

kater posted:

The way y’all talking I thought there were new quests this is the same stuffs

battlegrounds? there are new quests and rewards https://hearthstone.blizzard.com/en-us/news/23973118

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
I've been playing Wild because I'm bored to death with Standard right now. You really should just play braindead aggro in Wild; most of your opponents will be playing the greediest dogshit decks imaginable until Diamond at least.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Boatswain posted:

I've been playing Wild because I'm bored to death with Standard right now. You really should just play braindead aggro in Wild; most of your opponents will be playing the greediest dogshit decks imaginable until Diamond at least.

Did that with Twist. Brain dead aggro DH is as fun as I remember it!

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
OK so you play like an rear end in a top hat until you win, lose, or get to start dropping Yoggs. It is hilarious, fun, and wins more than it should:

### Anti Hearthstone?
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Flare
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (1) Trinket Tracker
# 2x (2) Dun Baldar Bunker
# 2x (2) Emergency Maneuvers
# 2x (2) Explosive Trap
# 2x (2) Far Watch Post
# 2x (2) Freezing Trap
# 2x (2) Hidden Meaning
# 2x (2) Ice Trap
# 1x (2) Mad Scientist
# 2x (2) Pressure Plate
# 2x (3) Eaglehorn Bow
# 2x (3) Forensic Duster
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 2x (3) Rustrot Viper
# 1x (4) Blademaster Okani
# 2x (4) Speaker Stomper
# 2x (4) Spring the Trap
# 1x (5) Loatheb
# 1x (6) Beaststalker Tavish
# 1x (7) Prison of Yogg-Saron
# 1x (10) Yogg-Saron, Hope's End
# 1x (10) Yogg-Saron, Master of Fate
#
AAEBAa/XAwj3DfoO6awCndgD25EEx7IEl+8E/vgFEIAH/gyfpQP36AOpjQSrjQSpnwTjnwTknwSZrQSUtQSo7wSqpAWt6QXq8gXNngYAAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

I like this card. You can pay the cost of the card over the course of a game and then drop it for 0 mana

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Guess that’s Unholy DK’s gimmick this expansion. Not sure if it’ll be any good but I like it. I wonder what exactly “Unending” means though, do they just shuffle back into the deck?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
this Tavern Brawl sucks

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

RatHat posted:

Guess that’s Unholy DK’s gimmick this expansion. Not sure if it’ll be any good but I like it. I wonder what exactly “Unending” means though, do they just shuffle back into the deck?

That's what Trump said in the reveal. After the Plague is revealed/takes effect, another is shuffled into the deck. Appears to be limited such that the shuffle back only occurs after you stop drawing plagues.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

RatHat posted:

if unending they function just like the Corrupted Blood from Hakkar (but only one copy)

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jul 13, 2023

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

RatHat posted:

I like this card. You can pay the cost of the card over the course of a game and then drop it for 0 mana

The opportunity cost is too high imho. You do not benefit from a dead card in your hand that at some point you will drop as a 0 mana 8/8. It's better to have cards that help you earlier, and besides, it's best if you don't float 2 mana every turn. Although this might be a convenient way to activate finale effects. Can you forge it even if it costs 0 mana already? And can you forge it multiple times per turn?

RatHat posted:

There's also a card that makes you and your opponent draw 2 cards, but your opponent can't use their cards on the next turn. Normally, this would be bad, but making your opponent draw more cards has obvious value in this deck.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
The Plague theme looks cool, but the fact that gets completely hosed by Steamcleaner, a card that’s already pretty common in E.T.C. bands and is easy to discover if Mech decks have a resurgence, is kind of lame.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

I do like how plagues interact with the rune mechanic. Specifically, how it's a slow strategy that makes you choose between being Undead/Frost to use the whole package (and thus being more aggressive, since your card pool encourages you to just hard pivot to burn after a point), or being Undead/Blood and having fewer Plague cards but with much better control tools to drag things out into more of a bomb warrior playstyle.

(I guess there could be a Blood control deck that dips into Undead for other reasons and picks up Helva as an inevitable win condition, but I really don't see that happening yet.)

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Torrannor posted:

There's also a card that makes you and your opponent draw 2 cards, but your opponent can't use their cards on the next turn. Normally, this would be bad, but making your opponent draw more cards has obvious value in this deck.

I didn't even see the card it's attached to but that effect in a vacuum doesn't sound too terrible to me. Feels like the reason mutual card draw effects are usually bad is that your opponent has the benefit of getting the first crack at using them with their full mana

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

goferchan posted:

I didn't even see the card it's attached to but that effect in a vacuum doesn't sound too terrible to me. Feels like the reason mutual card draw effects are usually bad is that your opponent has the benefit of getting the first crack at using them with their full mana

In a vacuum I agree with you, but Frost has enough non-symmetrical card draw that it just feels like overkill. Might be worth dipping into Frost for if Chillfallen Baron ever rotates, though.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I hope the dk cards are not good because the design is actively terrible (pre-assembled package that you just throw everything that says ‘plague’ in your deck , can do a ton of damage with little counterplay and without needing to set up combos). Also the decks you actually want to punish with this (fatigue) have the easiest time dealing with it (maybe! Dk discover is really dumb!). This is curse lock all over again.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Plague DK looks cool

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

cards all look okay but I hate when they do this "here's a package stick all of it in and there's your deck" thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
By the way it looks like there'll be no big card dump at the end of the reveals this time. They're revealing all the cards in batches, with Neutrals and DK already done. Tommorow is Hunter