Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Hasbro Pulse has the retro carded Snake Eyes and silver faced Crimson Guardsmen back in stock along with a few others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

The Last Call posted:

Hasbro Pulse has the retro carded Snake Eyes and silver faced Crimson Guardsmen back in stock along with a few others.

Awesome! I was hoping to avoid ebay for my 3rd CG. Thanks!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I want that Spielberg toy

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Vintersorg posted:

He's a big boy!!

I will not be buying that but I do really want it.

If it was 1/12 scale tho, I'd hit preorder so hard.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Didn't chuckles have a grenade hanging off a pocket? I dunno why but I remember a Hawaiian shirt wearing guy with a gun with a grenade opposite the pistol holster.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Didn't chuckles have a grenade hanging off a pocket? I dunno why but I remember a Hawaiian shirt wearing guy with a gun with a grenade opposite the pistol holster.

When it came to placement of explosives, both Joes and Cobra were very problematic.

Especially on their vehicles.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

CelticPredator posted:

I want that Spielberg toy

Me too.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
https://twitter.com/mcfarlanetoys/status/1678889106699370497?s=20

Good luck.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

oh hell yeah

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Oh what the gently caress, Target just canceled my preorder on the new ML Black Widow.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Xenomrph posted:

Oh what the gently caress, Target just canceled my preorder on the new ML Black Widow.

I wouldn't worry, the shelves are bound to be clogged with that toy until it goes on clearance, it has been thus with pretty much every ML exclusive they do.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Walmart collector Con exclusive Classified figures: Crimson Alley Viper, Shooter, and Mole Rats (aka dark energon zombies)

http://thefwoosh.com/2023/07/hasbro-g-i-joe-classified-series-walmart-exclusive-crimson-alley-viper-shooter-and-mole-rat-revealed/

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/ScottGustin/status/1679191302787694612

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Sanschel posted:

Walmart collector Con exclusive Classified figures: Crimson Alley Viper, Shooter, and Mole Rats (aka dark energon zombies)

http://thefwoosh.com/2023/07/hasbro-g-i-joe-classified-series-walmart-exclusive-crimson-alley-viper-shooter-and-mole-rat-revealed/

Hot drat!

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Shooter is quite the unusual one, her name showed up way back in the original G.I.Joe comic issue one. It was a wink and nod to then EIC Jim Shooter, recently she was fully cannonized by having a story about who she was and what she did.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
loving Walmart exclusives. There are basically no Walmarts in the northeast.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Fuzz posted:

loving Walmart exclusives. There are basically no Walmarts in the northeast.

These will basically be online exclusive. No way these make it to stores in any good number.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
It'll be up on Hasbro Pulse as well, the last Walmart exclusives did. Granted they do sell out VERY quickly.

Then again what exclusives don't sell out very quickly...

https://www.walmart.com/ip/G-I-Joe-Classified-Series-Crimson-Alley-Viper-Collectible-G-I-Joe-Action-Figure-6-91/1722110090
https://www.walmart.com/ip/G-I-Joe-Classified-Series-Nightforce-Jodie-Shooter-Craig-G-I-Joe-Action-Figures-6-90/3875474026
https://www.walmart.com/ip/G-I-Joe-Classified-Series-Mole-Rat-Collectible-G-I-Joe-Action-Figure-6-94/1325039294

btw these were not in stock yet, they only popped.

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jul 12, 2023

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Before

After. Much better.

Also; my car is done.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Sweet, Shooter finally, and she looks great. Thankfully I don’t have to worry about all that Walmart shite you poor, hapless colonial urchins have to endure.

Don’t care about the zombos or the admittedly nice looking AV repaint though.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

You give Kirkman GI Joe and he’s going to find a way to introduce zombies.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Open Marriage Night posted:

You give Kirkman GI Joe and he’s going to find a way to introduce zombies.

There have been toy zombies in GIJoe before, everyone was expecting the Zombie Toxo Viper.

Don't know if any showed up in comic form or not, but toy wise, they've been around for a decade plus by now.

Anyone notice the crimson viper has the biohazzard symbol in his visor?

The way he's shown in one picture makes him look like he's fighting off the zombies.

Guess they're kinda like bats at the end of the day, they can turn on you.

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jul 12, 2023

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I have some of those zombie vipers somewhere

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

The Last Call posted:

There have been toy zombies in GIJoe before, everyone was expecting the Zombie Toxo Viper.

Don't know if any showed up in comic form or not, but toy wise, they've been around for a decade plus by now.

Anyone notice the crimson viper has the biohazzard symbol in his visor?

The way he's shown in one picture makes him look like he's fighting off the zombies.

Guess they're kinda like bats at the end of the day, they can turn on you.

The new figure descriptions go into some storytelling:

quote:

While Cobra headhunts top scientists and researchers from across the globe, less-qualified recruits wind up as Mole Rats, quarriers and miners seeking new energy sources to power Cobra’s war machine. Extracting deposits of volatile Dark Energon has sparked certain troopers to become mindless husks bent on destroying anything in their path.
(See https://www.walmart.com/ip/G-I-Joe-Classified-Series-Mole-Rat-Collectible-G-I-Joe-Action-Figure-6-94/1325039294)

quote:

To consolidate their power within Cobra, the Crimson Strike Team (Tomax, Xamot, and the Baroness) have reassigned their most loyal and ruthlessly brutal troops to the Crimson Alley Viper squadrons. Crimson Alley Vipers were recently sent to quell a strange outbreak among the Mole Rat troopers excavating Dark Energon Mines.
(See https://www.walmart.com/ip/G-I-Joe-Classified-Series-Crimson-Alley-Viper-Collectible-G-I-Joe-Action-Figure-6-91/1722110090)

And that's one more reference to the Crimson Tomax, Xamot, and Baroness set that was rumored to be this year's PulseCon exclusive, and they also show up in a cameo on Chuckles' box art. (Those three were also the main villains of Cobra: The Last Laugh, the excellent IDW story arc that starred Chuckles.)

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

The new figure descriptions go into some storytelling:

(See https://www.walmart.com/ip/G-I-Joe-Classified-Series-Mole-Rat-Collectible-G-I-Joe-Action-Figure-6-94/1325039294)

(See https://www.walmart.com/ip/G-I-Joe-Classified-Series-Crimson-Alley-Viper-Collectible-G-I-Joe-Action-Figure-6-91/1722110090)

And that's one more reference to the Crimson Tomax, Xamot, and Baroness set that was rumored to be this year's PulseCon exclusive, and they also show up in a cameo on Chuckles' box art. (Those three were also the main villains of Cobra: The Last Laugh, the excellent IDW story arc that starred Chuckles.)

Very cool, do like these little mini story bits.

Can't wait for the Crimson three pack, that's been rumored for months.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I'm just not into the Twins in their "circus acrobat" costumes, but if Hasbro uses the same perfect smug sociopath heads and makes them in sharp suits, I'll finally get them.

I feel the same about Destro -- even as a kid, I thought his most iconic outfit was silly and unbecoming for an old money, classy supervillain type. But it helps that MY Destro figure was the 1988 Iron Grenadiers version that came with the Despoiler, and I really hope Classified gets around to that version soon enough.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I'm just not into the Twins in their "circus acrobat" costumes, but if Hasbro uses the same perfect smug sociopath heads and makes them in sharp suits, I'll finally get them.

I feel the same about Destro -- even as a kid, I thought his most iconic outfit was silly and unbecoming for an old money, classy supervillain type. But it helps that MY Destro figure was the 1988 Iron Grenadiers version that came with the Despoiler, and I really hope Classified gets around to that version soon enough.

I always loved the twins costumes as they are so unique, as if to say yeah these guys are higher up on the totem pole in the Cobra organization. Nobility or royalty kind of vibe. They never came off as circus acrobats suits to me, not that I blame you for thinking so due to certain depictions of them.

Only time until Destro comes with his Iron Grenadiers look, might even come with his little flying craft ala Serpentor with his. If that turns out to be the case it'll be an exclusive. 50 50 on that one.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Huh, just realized Shooter is Nightforce, meaning we’re getting another probably more brightly attired one later.

That also puts Nightforce up to 4 I think, with her, Big Ben, Ripcord, and Crazy Legs (assuming he unlocks).

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

HT Gwen Stacy came in today:

Cool figure, very fun to pose. Not pictured is Spider-Ham, who while kinda neat is just a small statue.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Sanschel posted:

Huh, just realized Shooter is Nightforce, meaning we’re getting another probably more brightly attired one later.

That also puts Nightforce up to 4 I think, with her, Big Ben, Ripcord, and Crazy Legs (assuming he unlocks).

They need to make a Nightforce Outback still.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

The Last Call posted:

I always loved the twins costumes as they are so unique, as if to say yeah these guys are higher up on the totem pole in the Cobra organization. Nobility or royalty kind of vibe. They never came off as circus acrobats suits to me, not that I blame you for thinking so due to certain depictions of them.

Only time until Destro comes with his Iron Grenadiers look, might even come with his little flying craft ala Serpentor with his. If that turns out to be the case it'll be an exclusive. 50 50 on that one.

I assume Destro "v2" with the Despoiler would be a future SDCC or PulseCon exclusive, similar to Serpentor with his Air Chariot. In that case, I would turn around and sell the Despoiler, in case someone wanted to have more than one of them. (Someone, somewhere, will.)

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

The Last Call posted:

Shooter is quite the unusual one, her name showed up way back in the original G.I.Joe comic issue one. It was a wink and nod to then EIC Jim Shooter, recently she was fully cannonized by having a story about who she was and what she did.

And what Shooter does is eat pieces of poo poo ljke.Cobra for breakfast.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Y'all talk about being gi joe fans, but who else has Destro's necklace?

I think they had plant zombie ones with tentacles too. Some kinda toxic viper had an accident and now they just drop em in the battle field and run away.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Jul 13, 2023

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I haven't been able to find one anywhere. Does anyone make a 12" two face that would be good for a5 year old?

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
Just got a shipping notice from Super7 that my Toxic Avengers Ultimates preorder has shipped!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Shiftypenguin posted:

Just got a shipping notice from Super7 that my Toxic Avengers Ultimates preorder has shipped!

Nice!

I do want those, but so many S7 things have hit clearance lately I haven't preordered anything in a while. Hopefully I can pick these up someday. I actually canceled a bunch of the TMNT ones hoping to get them on clearance after they've been out a bit.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Who has s7 clearance. Sounds right up my alley.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Snacksmaniac posted:

Who has s7 clearance. Sounds right up my alley.

Entertainment Earth usually has good sales on there. Amazon too. Not sure if any are happening right now though.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Bbts has been putting S7 stuff on sale pretty regularly with their (apparently now standard ongoing) daily/weekend sales, just gotta check daily, and it’s all immediate ship so no POL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Not bad for 10 bucks apiece. If they were more I would complain about articulation, but they are just super basic little adolecent ninja boys.