Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rollick
Mar 20, 2009
Lee Carvallo does not exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

rollick posted:

Lee Carvallo does not exist.

But it’s a reference to Lee Trevino(’s Fighting Golf on NES), who does.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
The song “Lolli Lolli (Pop That Body)” by Three 6 Mafia came on the radio and I suddenly realized it samples the Halloween Theme. It’s a really obvious sample but somehow I’d never noticed before.

Sucrose has a new favorite as of 03:48 on Jul 13, 2023

rollick
Mar 20, 2009

Grassy Knowles posted:

But it’s a reference to Lee Trevino(’s Fighting Golf on NES), who does.

A lot of golfers in this world to realise do or don't exist it seems

rollick
Mar 20, 2009
I somehow had the impression that Scott Adams of Dilbert fame owns a tower shaped like Dilbert's head:

But that's actually just a CGI mockup from 2004

His real house looks like this:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Because the Dilbert tower would look even more stupid in real life.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I was staying at a hotel recently and, given the opportunity to watch some actual TV with commericals instead of just streaming stuff, realized why Elemental flopped so hard. Its target audience all saw this McDonald's commercial which makes the main characters seem unspeakably lame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EakvPIAeCcs

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

The Moon Monster posted:

I was staying at a hotel recently and, given the opportunity to watch some actual TV with commericals instead of just streaming stuff, realized why Elemental flopped so hard. Its target audience all saw this McDonald's commercial which makes the main characters seem unspeakably lame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EakvPIAeCcs

Did Pixar really have to give the fire woman a dump-truck rear end?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Did Pixar really have to give the fire woman a dump-truck rear end?

It's from all the milk and apple slices.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Well they weren't gonna sell tickets on the garbage plot

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

+

=

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

dump-truck rear end

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
You can't get away with slapping giant boobs on family-friendly shows, but wide hips are A-OK. And female characters have to be sexualized, or else Dad won't pay for tickets, I guess.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

rollick posted:

A lot of golfers in this world to realise do or don't exist it seems

...come again? :psyduck:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Let's graph that sentence!!!

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

...yeah, okay, I think I got it after a few more reads. I actually thought there was a word missing or autocorrected at first

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

The refrain, "-eezer Goode, -eezer Goode, he's Ebeneezer Goode" from "Ebeneezer Goode" is not, in fact, a contraction of the titular character's first name, but rather the phrase "E's are good", and in fact the whole song promotes the benefits of taking ecstasy.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

The YouTube channel I've been following for years that uploaded nothing but new episodes of one specific british game show was a long term scam for a fake GoFundMe.

https://twitter.com/AlexHardwick95/status/1678006474616832001?s=20

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Weembles posted:

The YouTube channel I've been following for years that uploaded nothing but new episodes of one specific british game show was a long term scam for a fake GoFundMe.

https://twitter.com/AlexHardwick95/status/1678006474616832001?s=20

Twitter doesn't let non users see threads anymore

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I hope Twitter stops letting people embed tweets altogether. :pray:

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I hope Twitter stops :pray:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

for fucks sake posted:

The refrain, "-eezer Goode, -eezer Goode, he's Ebeneezer Goode" from "Ebeneezer Goode" is not, in fact, a contraction of the titular character's first name, but rather the phrase "E's are good", and in fact the whole song promotes the benefits of taking ecstasy.

But.... Drugs are illegal

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

sebmojo posted:

But.... Drugs are illegal

About 100% of drugs are legal in about 100% of jurisdictions.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sebmojo walks into a drugstore. "Excuse me where is the illegal aisle?"

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Sebmojo walks into a drugstore. "Excuse me where is the illegal aisle?"

:shobon:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

It is hosed up, though, how I can only buy thirty 400 mg off-brand ibuprofen tablets without a prescription. Can't buy two packets unless I walk to the next apothecary to get the other one.

But if I manage to get a prescription I can buy a bottle containing one hundred 800 mg Burana (the leading ibuprofen brand) for less money. That's equivalent to two hundred 400 mg tablets, obviously. I.e. a week's worth as I turn fourty-five this year :corsair:

e: Sorry about the rant.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
lol if you don’t have multiple kilograms of ibuprofen on hand

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
I only buy my ibuprofen in bricks

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The eight hundred milligram pills are bullshit.

Six hundred milligrams is god’s own dose.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

credburn posted:

I only buy my ibuprofen in bricks

"ibuprofen"

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Wasabi the J posted:

Nitter is working again: https://nitter.kavin.rocks/AlexHardwick95/status/1678006474616832001

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Wasabi the J posted:

Well that's loving irritating.

If you'll forgive the source, here's a summary:

https://www.reddit.com/r/UniversityChallenge/comments/14uw823/hello_this_is_the_truth_about_dave_garda/

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

It is hosed up, though, how I can only buy thirty 400 mg off-brand ibuprofen tablets without a prescription. Can't buy two packets unless I walk to the next apothecary to get the other one.

But if I manage to get a prescription I can buy a bottle containing one hundred 800 mg Burana (the leading ibuprofen brand) for less money. That's equivalent to two hundred 400 mg tablets, obviously. I.e. a week's worth as I turn fourty-five this year :corsair:

e: Sorry about the rant.

How odd...why does the UK ( I assume UK?) limit something like ibuprofen?

Here in the states, we head on down to our Costco and can buy as many of these bad-boys at a time as we want:

Only 200 mg not 400mg, but whatever, just take twice as much. And yes, at Costco, they come as a 2-pack of 500 each, so the equivalent of a 500 tablet package of 400mg-sized ibu.

:911: :fsmug: :911:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i believe that poster is a Finn but the uk has an nhs to ostensibly protect from hoarders and OD'ers, whereas if you show up in an american hospital with two withered grapes for kidneys that's pure profit

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
UK goon, no gallon jars of ibuprofen here. The standard pack size available literally everywhere is 16, same for aspirin and paracetamol (acetaminophen). In a pharmacy without prescription you can get packs as large as 96 x 400mg of ibuprofen, and i think 32 x 500 mg paracetamol.

You can however buy acetaminophen+ codeine in 500/8 and even 500/12 over the counter. Naproxen Sodium (Alleve) is almost unknown here, unless prescribed or recommended by a pharmacist for period pain.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Torquemada posted:

UK goon, no gallon jars of ibuprofen here. The standard pack size available literally everywhere is 16, same for aspirin and paracetamol (acetaminophen). In a pharmacy without prescription you can get packs as large as 96 x 400mg of ibuprofen, and i think 32 x 500 mg paracetamol.

You can however buy acetaminophen+ codeine in 500/8 and even 500/12 over the counter. Naproxen Sodium (Alleve) is almost unknown here, unless prescribed or recommended by a pharmacist for period pain.

Pharmacists there always have to remind me naproxen is controlled

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Grassy Knowles posted:

Pharmacists there always have to remind me naproxen is controlled

It is, but not very well, because my wife just gets visiting yanks to bring her huge jars which customs don't apparently give a poo poo about.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

I just get mad cause my insides are no good

But the added codeine as i ravage my insides helps me calm down

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
It's bonkers to me that NSAIDs are controlled but there's an uncontrolled opioid.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse

DrBouvenstein posted:

How odd...why does the UK ( I assume UK?) limit something like ibuprofen?

Pharmacies in Finland limit you to one pack of 400mg Ibuprofen because otherwise you might take too much.

Considering how much these people drink I don’t know how much damage a couple too many Buranas could do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Creature posted:

Considering how much these people drink I don’t know how much damage a couple too many Buranas could do.

You know alcohol and NSAIDS work together in some really fun(damaging) ways?