Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

BisbyWorl posted:

Especially once you grab the lower left upgrade line, so now she's fighting against the 10% regen after every fight.

Just don't use it? :v:

Seriously though, the lower left side of starter buffs has multiple trap options, because outside of the 10% regen loving over Shi units (and any future IDs that wants to have low HP), it also fucks over N Sinclair and Sunshower Heath (and any future IDs that wants to use tails and have low sanity) due to the SP regen skill and the final skill will either screw all IDs that want heads or all IDs that want tails every three turns.

Lt. Lizard fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jul 11, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

God that final skill seems so incredibly stupid to me. At 45 sanity every turn goes well; I can't imagine trading that for a future where there's a 5% chance of just instantly losing an entire round of clashes

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Much as N Sinclair normally shits out damage I find I have an incredibly hard time keeping his sanity out of positives in the new MD past floor 3 or so without spamming Impending Day constantly. That plus the bonus makes me think they’re going to eventually need to take another pass on making negative sanity IDs work, or just kinda shrug and make stuff like Yi Shrub their ‘they want to have bad status’ archetype.

Probably passing on this next banner, I can just burn some of these infinite boxes if I decide I want Rsalt later.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Ayndin posted:

Much as N Sinclair normally shits out damage I find I have an incredibly hard time keeping his sanity out of positives in the new MD past floor 3 or so without spamming Impending Day constantly. That plus the bonus makes me think they’re going to eventually need to take another pass on making negative sanity IDs work, or just kinda shrug and make stuff like Yi Shrub their ‘they want to have bad status’ archetype.

Good news, the upcoming patch will cap the Sanity gain for winning clashes/defeating enemies that have higher level, so N Sinclair is back in.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010

Arzaac posted:

God that final skill seems so incredibly stupid to me. At 45 sanity every turn goes well; I can't imagine trading that for a future where there's a 5% chance of just instantly losing an entire round of clashes

According to some nutjob on reddit who grinded out all the MD points and tested it, It's apparently a mistranslation, and the effect will cause every coin to solidly flip whichever way is beneficial, so Nclair will always roll tails and everyone else will roll heads. It's exclusively beneficial, basically always win the clash your pointed at.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Onehandclapping posted:

According to some nutjob on reddit who grinded out all the MD points and tested it, It's apparently a mistranslation, and the effect will cause every coin to solidly flip whichever way is beneficial, so Nclair will always roll tails and everyone else will roll heads. It's exclusively beneficial, basically always win the clash your pointed at.

:stare:

well that changes things

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
My mistake, for a moment I forgot who is developing Limbus Company. :lobcorp:

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

My secret? I don't have any bones.

Onehandclapping posted:

i-

huh.

wait this means nsinc getting 3 tails at +40 is possible with that, its actually sick

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Onehandclapping posted:

sunshower heathcliff's time has come

to just be kinda okay even with this

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

mirror dungeon turn 2 floor 4 boss with the liu team

i didn't even think i had especially absurd ego gifts lol

e: of course they wipe burn on phase change :argh:

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
Did a MD2 practice run for Hard today. LCCB Ishmael, L Corp Faust, LCB Outis, R Corp Heath, EGO Yi Sang, and Chef Rodya, don't take any non-base EGO, pick up G Corp Gregor + Legerdemain on floor 2 and also grab Yi Sang's Sunshower and Faust's Fluid Sac some time before floor 4. Still feels pretty easy, but I guess it might depend on what MD2 changes besides the starting Cost limit.

Google Jeb Bush posted:

mirror dungeon turn 2 floor 4 boss with the liu team

i didn't even think i had especially absurd ego gifts lol

e: of course they wipe burn on phase change :argh:

It's because statuses on abnormalities are tied to specific parts and that boss has their arm targets entirely disappear, so the statuses disappear with them. It'd be nice if they'd do something to actually represent abno status more accurately.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Einander posted:

Did a MD2 practice run for Hard today. LCCB Ishmael, L Corp Faust, LCB Outis, R Corp Heath, EGO Yi Sang, and Chef Rodya, don't take any non-base EGO, pick up G Corp Gregor + Legerdemain on floor 2 and also grab Yi Sang's Sunshower and Faust's Fluid Sac some time before floor 4. Still feels pretty easy, but I guess it might depend on what MD2 changes besides the starting Cost limit.

It's because statuses on abnormalities are tied to specific parts and that boss has their arm targets entirely disappear, so the statuses disappear with them. It'd be nice if they'd do something to actually represent abno status more accurately.

that would probably require PM to code in a sane manner, and *gestures towards thread title*

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
That coding let TQ beat WhiteNight so I don't want to hear any complaining!

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021
Ho hoooly poo poo does hard mirror not gently caress around. Any tips, faced inquistors that was beating my liu team out of the gate.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

The inquisitors were always a rough first fight anyway.

Anyone know what this 'Shield' thing Zwei Rodion has is?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

if i'm understanding this correctly, your opening team costs zero cost except for the 000 ids

which is to say, you get three 000s if you're up to date on the cost line, and two others

also you don't seem to get a free starting gift, so guess i'm just rolling with rose rodya, bunnycliff, and treesang

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Quackles posted:

It is the temporary health you get for using a guard action.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

if you want particular egos, get em while they're free

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Google Jeb Bush posted:

if you want particular egos, get em while they're free

Unless it's bugged the EGOs are still free when you go into the shop and so are 0 and 00 Identities.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
After hitting the second floor, I discovered that EGO is always free.

I'm not sure if this was what I wanted when I heard about the strict cost limits. It's way too lenient...

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

huh. still not impressed with poise, but in a team with one gloom person Pendant of Nostalgia actually builds it up quick. got hong liu puttin it to work better than actual poise identities

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

gonna use a lot more fuckin egos just to survive in hardmode, which is both stressful and a satisfying strategic outcome

GilliamYaeger posted:

I'm not sure if this was what I wanted when I heard about the strict cost limits. It's way too lenient...

.................huh

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021

Quackles posted:

Yeah, managed to get to stage 2 in MD hard by avoiding the inquistors. Wowsa, those enemies are hard.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013

GilliamYaeger posted:

Does this have to do with one of the Starlight buffs? Because I (with great difficulty :v:) got to floor 5 and EGO certainly haven't been free

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

helpful reminder: pick up a sixth party member before or immediately during floor 2, otherwise you'll be staring mournfully at the 5/6 party member meter for A Bit

Redmark posted:

Does this have to do with one of the Starlight buffs? Because I (with great difficulty :v:) got to floor 5 and EGO certainly haven't been free

uh, hm. now i'm terrified it's a bug. there is DEFINITELY not a starlight buff that explicitly does that

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Jul 13, 2023

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
Yeah, trying out hard mode and it does not gently caress around. Everything starts with big buffs and sanity can be slow to roll in, so winning the initial clashes is ultra important or you'll lose a ton of health before you get anywhere, so I restarted 3-4 times before I had a run I was comfortable with. The inquisitors are far and away the most dangerous enemies, but they're always in blunt weak areas so it's best to avoid them whenever possible. You see a shop immediately on the second floor, so buy a 000 there to fill out your roster. Then on the 3rd floor you can swap in more 000 to replace your 00. The enemy rolls are stupid high, so throwing the best Ids you got at them seems very important. Ego usage is also very important, being liberal with them will buy you a lot of HP and time.

Once again Rheath is a superstar, but the incidental healing from ChefRyo and Ggreg will do a lot to cover for any hits that slip through.

CountDuckoo
Jul 27, 2022
So just finished my first run, had N Corp Faust, bloom Yi Sang, N Corp Sinclair, and R Corp Heathcliff as my 3 stars, was going to add Gregor but realized he was only level 30, also had kurokumo Hong Lu (but would have preferred base and kept forgetting to switch), LCCB Ishmael (but she couldn't clash at all really), and base Outis. Hardest parts were the start when you're facing level 30 enemies with the full buffs from floor 5 of the base dungeon starting with 0 sanity and very few EGO resources, and the later floors, especially the floor 4 boss who was a 2200 hp watchwolf, and the floor 5 boss was the bull who was nearly unclashable. The buffs stay mostly the same (+1 base power, +5 offense level, +2/-2 positive/negative coin power) but the final skill power buff increases to +2 on floor 3, +3 on floor 4, and a massive +5 on floor 5.

A lot of clashes in general were use EGO or use a regular skill and hope they don't roll 5 heads in a row at 0 sanity/you miss one heads on your skill. However, 1 lost clash isn't completely horrible, even with none of the defensive starting buffs, and although I didn't have the heal after every battle starting buff I did get the heal at start of battle EGO gift, and my team stayed very healthy despite some lost clashes.

Edit: also be smart about using defensive skills, in regular battles if you outnumber them and they are slow you can use a defensive skill to make the clash happen at their speed instead and possibly have someone else stagger them before they can attack, some evades have really high rolls and can negate some or all of an attack, and in abno battle if you can't win a clash you can redirect it to someone who resists it and is using a block or evade to reduce damage even more.

CountDuckoo fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jul 13, 2023

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013

It got dicey, but got 'er done :toot:

Heathcliff got killed in the 3rd floor somewhere but it might have been fine since he has serious issues with ammo with how long fights can take. Then Outis died somewhere but she wasn't doing much anyway.
I was also depleting my EGO resources so some of the sinners couldn't EGO, but the bench clutched it out. Level 23 Ishmael in particular actually pumped out a lot of damage and helped with taking the bosses down.

An absolute grind, but I only have 3 of the starlight buffs so far so it should get easier.

edit: right, and even with the base EGO nerfs Representation Emitter was crucial to get out of bad situations, such as sinners being low sanity after someone dies

Redmark fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jul 13, 2023

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
My Form Empties is extremely painful. Just the absolute worst.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

lol, getting enough (mostly free!) sinners to bench gregor makes all the drat difference if you don't have the starlight hp regen upgrade, which nobody sane does

chip damage is Very Bad

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022
First try with hard mode.

Since I don't have 300 starting cost, I could only pick two 000.

And the only two 000 I had who were at level 35 were Yi Sang and Faust, so I went with them, then went for N Don, LCCB Ishmael and Zwei Sinclair.

Forgot to get a 6th member.

Went up against K Corp. during floor 3.

One terrible roll and Faust went from "almost full" to "totally dead".

Then, I ended up against the Gossipum Abno, wondering what happens when you win the fight...

And then they all wiped my team out. :negative:

gently caress this poo poo, I'll just wait for the Uptie update before I tackle hard mode again.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i'm fuckin nostradamus, there's liu ish #2 from a daily :negative:

anyway starting the md on hard, yi sang immediately got outclashed by the bug dudes which doesn't bode well

(yes i know his skill 1 doesn't clash well but it's still funny)

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

crying toad in hardmode mirror dungeon is tougher than you think it is

otoh this is basically the hard content i've been craving

e: lithograph, thank Carmen; "staggered enemies heal your dudes" is what i needed rn

e2: then early in floor 4 i get Grand Welcome, the gift that gives you functionally infinite Pride and an awful lot of other sins, hail satan

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jul 13, 2023

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Google Jeb Bush posted:

lol, getting enough (mostly free!) sinners to bench gregor makes all the drat difference if you don't have the starlight hp regen upgrade, which nobody sane does

chip damage is Very Bad

It's legitimately my next pickup to beeline for after MAYBE null stagger.

I'm a netzach main you probably knew this was coming.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Yeah, Fluid Sac and Pursuance carried in parts - and being offered Coffee and Cranes to fuel it.

Trying to get as many support passives as you can might be the name of the game.

Some particularly good ones from 0s and 00s:

LCB Yi Sang: Information Neutralization [Gloom 4 Owned] - At the end of the turn, if the ally with the lowest SP lost SP this turn, they restore 10 SP.
LCB Hong Lu: Frivolous Jokes [Sloth 5 Owned] - At the start of combat, the ally with the lowest SP heals 6 SP.
N Corp Rodya: Rising Faith [Wrath 3 Owned] - The first time an enemy is defeated in a turn, the ally with the most SP gains 1 Haste and 1 Damage Up.
Zwei Sinclair: Stubbornness [Gloom 4 Owned] - The ally with the lowest HP takes -10% damage.
And like a bunch of Gregor identities' healing passives.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
first run did not go well, wiped on floor two. Second one went better but it snowballed into failure after N Corp Faust and Chef Ryoshu-the lynchpins of keeping your SP and HP high-bit it. I got 70%, which I was proud enough to get the rewards on.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

God, in normal mirror dungeon I intentionally avoided all abonormality battles just to make it go faster, but here I find myself picking them at every opportunity.

The ability to pick your clashes (and, as a consequence, pull out some easy staggers by clashing with low speed sinners) is just so invaluable.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

rip G Gregor floor 2 - floor 2

got oneshot by the rose boss

fun fact i just learned: support passives are apparently still around if a sinner is fuckin dead

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

i could really do without the k corp normal node ultra-murder squad, tbh

helpful tip: if you give up midfight you get a mulligan with full health and sanity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Beat hard mode, got Kromer as the final boss. Man, that was a ride. They expect us to clear this thing three times a week?! I'd be way happier if you only had to do it once a week, with all three of the hard mode pips being used up if you clear a run (and getting only one or two pips worth of rewards if you fail to clear).

Arzaac posted:

God, in normal mirror dungeon I intentionally avoided all abonormality battles just to make it go faster, but here I find myself picking them at every opportunity.

The ability to pick your clashes (and, as a consequence, pull out some easy staggers by clashing with low speed sinners) is just so invaluable.
I genuinely wish we were running on RR rules for these, normal fights being uncontrollable is loving nightmarish when you're functionally clashing at random.