Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

TheWorldsaStage posted:

I hope the SH2 remake will be great and everyone loves it. Not gonna happen though, there are swaths of people ready to declare it mid because they don't like the dev, no matter how it turns out. You see that a lot these days with games people really enjoy and it's sad and transparent.

Have you missed the last 15-20 years of the franchise history where literally every game released post 3 has been vary degrees of terrible?

Expecting the worst of the SH2 remake, regardless of whose making it is just being sensible considering how bad the rest of the franchise has been. Konami has done nothing to earn the good will of the SH fans or basically anyone who plays video games and has watched Konami systematically poo poo on their money making franchises for the last decade +.

It's pretty clear their trying to make some good by releasing these collections of games like the Castlevania collections and the upcoming MGS collection, but like I said, they've pretty systematically poo poo all over Silent Hill for so long that expectations for a remake are low, and only made worse because Bloober is doing it, a company who makes psychological horror games with all the subtlety of brick to the face.

I would love to be absolutely wrong and for the SH2 remake to be on the level of quality as something like RE2REMAKE, but I'm not going to hold my breath, again because Bloober.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

What I don’t get is why a Polish developer is being given a Japanese IP that’s being released/written in American. Make it make sense.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Konami is stuck in 2010

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

It sucks that Silent Hill was finally pulled out of purgatory only for every upcoming project to look like poo poo once again.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I have hopes for the Ryukishi one

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
it's hard to trust anything involving the company that ruined metal gear solid 5 and canceled PT so they could make pachinko games and hasn't developed or published anything good since

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

whaley posted:

it's hard to trust anything involving the company that ruined metal gear solid 5 and canceled PT so they could make pachinko games and hasn't developed or published anything good since

:emptyquote:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

I have hopes for the Ryukishi one

This is going to be epic.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

whaley posted:

Apparently a lot of the mismanagement that led to the western SH's being so bad came from the higher ups at Konami being very hands-on in a way they weren't with Team Silent, so they've been this kind of company for ages. Although who knows, maybe their attitude of giving zero shits about any of their franchises may actually work out to the benefit of the new SH projects because they won't feel compelled to meddle.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

the entire dread x collection series is on sale at fanatical for $5. that's a lot of horror for that kind of money, even if it's hit or miss. get it just for squirrel stapler imo

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/complete-dread-x-collection

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Squirrel Stapler is a great paradox of a game where its premise is begging for a little more since it sets up so much creepy poo poo, but to do more than it does would ruin the point of it being Squirrel Stapler

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

god is here buddy

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

I grabbed the fanatical bundle, but I already have the first Dread X. Anybody want a key?

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

Buck Wildman posted:

the entire dread x collection series is on sale at fanatical for $5. that's a lot of horror for that kind of money, even if it's hit or miss. get it just for squirrel stapler imo

goddamn that's a pro buy, thanks for this. I've played through all of them from a friend's shared library but they're totally worth owning.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
I picked up the first a while ago and had all the others wishlisted; apparently there's a connecting story running through all of them? Or at least that's what the store description(s) are strongly implying; should they be finished in order lest the player get some details in the meta-narrative that they wouldn't understand?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Buck Wildman posted:

i love the idea of some horror anthologies, thank you for showing me this.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Agent Escalus posted:

I picked up the first a while ago and had all the others wishlisted; apparently there's a connecting story running through all of them? Or at least that's what the store description(s) are strongly implying; should they be finished in order lest the player get some details in the meta-narrative that they wouldn't understand?

nah, it's basically a thematic hub for all the competely independent games don't sweat it

Meowywitch posted:

i love the idea of some horror anthologies, thank you for showing me this.

no problem buddy, hope you enjoy the spoops

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Buck Wildman posted:

I love the Haunted PS1 Demo Discs, and this kind of seems like the same thing. Thanks for the hot tip :spooky:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

got the fanatical deal, i'm installing all of them on the steam deck now. which would be recommended and can play on the deck?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

The Saddest Rhino posted:

got the fanatical deal, i'm installing all of them on the steam deck now. which would be recommended and can play on the deck?

This is entirely subjective, but personally my ranking (from best to worst) would probably be:

Dread X 2
Dread X The Hunt
Dread X Collection 3
Dread X Collection
Dread X 5

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Why isn't there a 4 :ohdear:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Meowywitch posted:

Why isn't there a 4 :ohdear:

It's right behind you :stonk:

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Al Lowe lost it.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1679222614320111618

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Wow finally in English

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

MockingQuantum posted:

I grabbed the fanatical bundle, but I already have the first Dread X. Anybody want a key?

I'd love to get this if it's still available, thanks.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Gromit posted:

I'd love to get this if it's still available, thanks.

Just sent it over!

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Meowywitch posted:

Wow finally in English

Now do Sweet Home you cowards.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Wayforward doing the remake is some serious monkeys paw poo poo.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

MockingQuantum posted:

Just sent it over!

Got it, cheers mate!

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Disposable Scud posted:

Wayforward doing the remake is some serious monkeys paw poo poo.

Honestly they have had some poo poo games but there's been some pretty good ones too. River City Girls, Bloodstained, The Mummy Demastered, Shantae, they aren't the biggest hitter in horror but they can largely make a game.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
I would have been more excited if English fan translations of the SNES and PS1 versions weren't already available, and the other stuff they're adding in don't sound super interesting. Like an animated intro? The intro is literally just a group of orphans and a lady driving up to a spooky mansion. Or comic book cutscenes? I don't know, it's cool I guess but also what's the end game? It's not like any of the other games in the series will get a re-release or remaster.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

discworld is all I read posted:

I would have been more excited if English fan translations of the SNES and PS1 versions weren't already available, and the other stuff they're adding in don't sound super interesting. Like an animated intro? The intro is literally just a group of orphans and a lady driving up to a spooky mansion. Or comic book cutscenes? I don't know, it's cool I guess but also what's the end game? It's not like any of the other games in the series will get a re-release or remaster.

You say that now but when the Clock Tower 3 remake on the RE engine hits boy won’t your face be red.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

ghost head remake with second player bates

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Meowywitch posted:

ghost head remake with second player bates
I was pretty happy to find that someone did a hack of Ghost Head but they replaced the English VO with the Japanese. Not that that was the extent of the problems with that game, but yeah, the humor of the VO kinda took away the horror.

Bussamove posted:

You say that now but when the Clock Tower 3 remake on the RE engine hits boy won’t your face be red.
Man, if only they did this but with Haunting Ground. That'd be great actually minus the rapey ummmm overtones.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

how dare you remove ghost head's camp factor

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Haunting Ground slaps. I wouldn't mind a remake of the Clock Tower PS1 and Ghost Head.

I've been switching between Amnesia: The Bunker and Murder House all day and it has destroyed my nerves. Gonna have trouble sleeping tonight.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
its 2023. is dead by daylight still fun? i never played it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Tired Moritz posted:

its 2023. is dead by daylight still fun? i never played it

DBD is a weird beast in that fundamentally it hasn't really changed that much in the 7 years its been around, but your fun level in it is greatly dependent on a number of factors that aren't necessarily gameplay related. Do you enjoy games that take a few minutes to learn but thousands of hours to grok and improve in through minute mechanical mastery (and unlock everything in)? Do you like a semi complicated game of tag through which all your horror is filtered? Can you deal with a really toxic community for a multiplayer only asymmetrical game? If mostly yes, then yes!