Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
normal mode isn't that bad to burn your weekly stuff on tbh, but we're all a bunch of obsessed weirdos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Once we fill out our full buffs, hard mode'll get a lot more manageable. Hit a couple events early on for free SP, get heals for sustain between fights, and the offensive wall won't be as high either.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
Any update on the free EGO thing? Sounds like a bug to me.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

I honestly think Liu Ish is a bad pick here, just because Snagharpoon's passive is now actively detrimental most of the time.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
is headless ichthys bigger now

Redmark posted:

Any update on the free EGO thing? Sounds like a bug to me.

i'd rather keep it quiet; if it is a starlight bug i have the whole cost line full minus the stagger capstone

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Hard mode Brazen Bull is certainly something, and that something is "probably shouldn't be clashing in the mid-20s".

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
Hard mode is an incredibly punishing and made me pull out a billion tricks, get sweaty at what's usually the most trivial parts of the game, and interact with the systems I usually ignore.

It's fantastic

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Honestly, I don't really see the point in running hard mode -- you can grind out a couple of pretty leisurely MD2s in the time a full hard run takes (and another one on top of that if you get My Form Empties!). Their difficulty philosophy of "what if every enemy rolls 20+" isn't really scratching that RR itch either. Maybe it'll all come together once they implement UT4, offense/defense scaling rework, etc, but I'll be sticking to running normals.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Charge Team so far has been putting in solid work. It helps they're all Gloom Heavy as all hell so Rime Shank and both AEDD are getting in resources. Envy too for the Watchdogs.

Especially because Mind Whip Whips rear end and Rip Space wins on the spot even with all the buffs.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Tricky posted:

Honestly, I don't really see the point in running hard mode -- you can grind out a couple of pretty leisurely MD2s in the time a full hard run takes (and another one on top of that if you get My Form Empties!). Their difficulty philosophy of "what if every enemy rolls 20+" isn't really scratching that RR itch either. Maybe it'll all come together once they implement UT4, offense/defense scaling rework, etc, but I'll be sticking to running normals.

honestly i might wind up rolling with this but at the moment / perhaps once a week this is rad

Onehandclapping posted:

Hard mode is an incredibly punishing and made me pull out a billion tricks, get sweaty at what's usually the most trivial parts of the game, and interact with the systems I usually ignore.

It's fantastic

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
Finished a run. I had +100 starting Cost from Starlight passives, so I got R Corp Heath, Spicebush Yi Sang, Chef Ryoshu, L Corp Faust, LCCB Ishmael, picked up G Corp Gregor on floor 2 and Sevens Outis on floor 4. Final boss was the Bull. All in all, it wasn't too bad? Long and I had to pay attention, but even without an EGO Gift that gave Sins I had enough to use EGO fairly freely.

LCCB Ishmael was mostly a liability early on when her bad clashing was most painful, but she was invaluable for the robot boss (Tremor was actually helpful in staggering it after it captured someone!), and Snagharpoon was vital for the final boss. I ended up basically using Snagharpoon to tank its Speed and Paralyze it once next turn so that Gregor could Legerdemain and Paralyze it three more turns, letting me win the rest of the clashes. Of course, I forgot that the boss gets a Heads part, which wasn't affected by Bind or Paralyze, because Abno parts don't share statuses. Oops. Should've used Yi Sang's EGO to get Haste that turn...

I'm not really eager to do this three times a week for the indefinite future, but as a one time experience it was cool.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Hard Mode was fun til I ran into My Form Empties and rather than deal with it with like barely any Starlight upgrades and no EGO Resource generating Gifts I just hit da bricks~

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

This is 6+ spd R Heath vs My Form Epties Aida, glad PM took all that time to balance things

e: double-sucks because I had to burn most of my resources just getting through the floor because i can't select targets in non-abno battles so kuro hong lu or whoever just desperately wants to clash with lord hellfucker and I need to keep hitting EGO just to keep these dumbasses alive

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Jul 13, 2023

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Yinlock posted:

This is 6+ spd R Heath vs My Form Epties Aida, glad PM took all that time to balance things

e: double-sucks because I had to burn most of my resources just getting through the floor because ican't select targets in non-abno battles so kurop hong lu or whoever just desperately wants to clash with lord hellfucker or whoever and I need to keep hitting EGO just to keep this dumbasses alive

6+ speed doesn't factor in the bigger coins on preview, if you're at 45 san this is actually a Dominating.

Probe 17
Jul 27, 2014

Red Rain is coming down

Red Rain

Saigyouji posted:

Hard mode Brazen Bull is certainly something, and that something is "probably shouldn't be clashing in the mid-20s".

Oh thank god it's not just me. Those numbers are utterly ridiculous. He literally hits the 30s with some regularity.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

TeeQueue posted:

6+ speed doesn't factor in the bigger coins on preview, if you're at 45 san this is actually a Dominating.

I could've sworn it did, damage calcs are dumb

anyway Aida just oneshot him so I guess it panned out that way anyway :v:

e: quitting at the last boss gets you 72 bp instead of 75, so it's a strategy if you get MFE or something bullshit like that

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Jul 13, 2023

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Don't forget: if someone bites it, you can click "Give up" and restart the battle! Real Winners Savescum!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Junpei posted:

Don't forget: if someone bites it, you can click "Give up" and restart the battle! Real Winners Savescum!

i took the path of the true warrior: quitting, always back down kids

e: anyway the general strat seems to be to stockpile ego resources for the hell that is the last couple floors. also pray that you don't have to use them just to survive

if you don't have an ego resource gen gift and were forced to burn your resources because your weaker sinners insisted on picking fights they couldn't win without EGO constantly, well my advice is to be luckier next time so that doesn't happen.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Jul 13, 2023

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Probe 17 posted:

Oh thank god it's not just me. Those numbers are utterly ridiculous.

Had this as my final boss and holy poo poo that was some bullshit. I beat it, but it took a lot of work; basically was spamming 2-4 EGOs every turn (with Fluid Sac as a requirement to keep sanity up) and just tried to burst him down as hard as possible otherwise. N Sinclair was invaluable because he could spam Impending Day and it did nothing but help him, and EGOs with high clash value were also extremely useful (mainly Gregor's AEDD, Outis' Ebony Stem, and of course Impending Day).

For that matter, Paralyze I think is also incredibly useful here. Kurokumo Hong Lu practically buys you a free turn with his S3.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

He was overshadowed by MD2 but we got R Meursault's numbers now. He sure is a Meursault ID, aka beefy but underwhelming

I think It is his best showing so far, offensively, for what it's worth.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Jul 13, 2023

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Yeah, Rhino Meursault is certainly a Meursault ID, unfortunately. Bizarrely low Clash Power (his Coins are barely better and in some cases worse!) than Rose Meursault and that's a 00 ID of the same sinner!) and his kit wants you to be at 10+ Charge, despite having skills that generate only 2 or 4 Charge and a skill that spends 4-10 Charge, so that ain't happening without a dedicated Charge team, except he is also Bleed support and Charge teams don't have Bleed, so he is pretty useless in those? He could have been good, but the numbers hosed him over pretty hard.

Meanwhile, Zwei Rodya is just ??????????????????????

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
That sure was something lmao :v:

Went in with the all-star team of NFaust, RHeath and Tingtang with LCB Outis and LCCB Ish as filler, took in Enclair and the Chef Duo later (with Greg benched).

Got MFE as final boss and managed to beat it with some judicious EGO Spam and the occasional Mutilate.

Also lol at the new IDs having conditional coin power stuff that just makes them slightly instead of horrendously below par if triggered.

Theantero fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Jul 13, 2023

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

its interesting how the what gifts to take changes up a bit here. I found Disk Fragment so-so in regular mirror of mirrors, but in hard mode it really shines.
Then again, I guess that's true of most every Gift helping fuel Chains of Others/etc here :v:.

K-Corp Hong Lu also gets a honorable mention in my second attempt, as any clashes I couldn't win, I usually could redirect to them instead. They were made to tank, and they do it very well.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

That was brutal and took forever, wow. My Form Empties took me 13 turns and an hour and a half, oof. My Grippy Faust died on the 3rd floor, and I hosed up my 0 Gregor heal plan by forgetting to bring someone with Gloom until I finally picked up Nclair on the 4th floor.

I went in with N Faust, Tingtang Hong Lu, R Heath as my starting 000s, and brought N Rodya and N Don to fill the team.

I picked up LCCB Ish and LCB Gregor later for their passives, but it turns out I didn't have any Gloom to trigger his Gregor's passive anyways, oops, so I spent most of the dungeon at uncomfortably low health on various chars because I didn't get any decent healing EGO Gifts.

After that , I picked up N Mersault, NClair (should have brought him at the start), Seventh Section Outis (not great), and Chef de Cuisine Ryoshu, who I used in the boss fight.

I ended up really relying on Bodysack and NClair for a lot of it -- Bodysack at high sanity is great for clashing, since R Heath's so fast.

I'm definitely not convinced it's worth all that effort for just more exp, but I wouldn't be surprised if they nerfed some stuff to make it easier. But at least I did it once!

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023
I have never hated the Empowered Class 3 Staff more than being stuck repeating an elite node with three of them murdering my entire team over and over with their +5 power for twenty minutes straight.

I think I might be bad at this game, you guys.

Numbus26 fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Jul 13, 2023

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Colin Mockery posted:

I'm definitely not convinced it's worth all that effort for just more exp, but I wouldn't be surprised if they nerfed some stuff to make it easier. But at least I did it once!

Hard Mode is wholly doable, and not actually necessary to engage with. It's more efficient than the normal mode per module, sure, but you can still get more than enough boxes doing that. I'd prefer they keep it difficult rather than nerf it into yet another Win Rate thing.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I don't have either of the Red Eyes, which of the two would you say is more important/better, Teth or He level?

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Junpei posted:

I don't have either of the Red Eyes, which of the two would you say is more important/better, Teth or He level?
The Open/He one since it's AoE. They kinda feed into each other with one applying Bind and the other powering up off it, but you've got Meursault for Bind application.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Honestly I'd say just changing MDH bonus to a once a week thing would be enough since it seems time consuming mostly. That way no need to nerf it.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Two My Form Empties and a Bull later, I've got to say MDH isn't that bad. Of course, that's with all the buffs. Doing it without that stuff has got to be like banging your head against a wall.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

Junpei posted:

They're both very good, and Open is an AoE which is always welcome, but personally I'd say if you already have Fourth Match Flame there's an argument for getting Eyes Closed first since it fills a new gap in Ryoshu's total EGO kit instead of replacing an already-very-good option.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

MDH2 is like 2 hours a run and my worry is more "Figuring out where to slot three runs into my schedule" than it is "beating it."

Also it's perfectly ok to skip the final boss if you want, it's 72 vs 75 bpxp if you're doing the weekly bonus, and you also lose like 20 starlight or something... it's basically fine if you get an annoying spawn like MFE.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Personally I want the rest of the Zwei IDs so that I can run a Full Zwei Squad in the normal MD2 as a joke.

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

If nothing else, this is a studio that knows how to implement feedback quickly

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1679498144932044800

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
Wow, very nice change. Wasn't expecting that they'd actually do it. Ironically it motivates me to do more runs.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

They also recommend to have unlocked ALL the starter buffs :ok:

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Oh cool, yeah. I did enjoy doing it but I'm totally okay with only having to run hard once per week.

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021
Okay Mersault and his Chains Ego has been crucial in me winning boss battles.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

oh hey, just what I said, not nerf the dungeon but make it once a week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021
Phew finished Hard dungeon.

Hardest fights were early game inquisitors, K Corp Bosses that heal up to full, and Kromer (Thankfully without her passive)

Team was
Flower Yi Sang
N corp Don Quixote
N corp Mersault
LCCB Super flowing hair lady
Spanner Works Roydia
N Corp Fause
Super Cook Sword lady

Useful skills were
Yi-Sang Normal ego to inflict attack down and speed
Mersault Normal ego to inflict attack down
Super cook Sword Lady Eyes open ego, has high numbers