Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Nutsak posted:

lol what are you talking about. I was literally just on Syd2, and it's been fine the last couple of nights.

it came back up this morning but ive been playing everyday and its been 100% games on gsg1 for at least three days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.
Ahh. Depending on your location and ISP that happens. I honestly didn't see any ping difference that would indicate we were on the Singapore servers. I usually float around the 40ms mark, and GSG is always 120+.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

ive been thrown into games on it sporadically but this was a couple of straight days with 9-10 games a sessi9non. I never thought to ask anyone in my matches what isp they were with but if anyone wasnt from australia, they didnt answer when i asked where people we playing from (understandable tbh)

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
I've seen some people say that the Australian server issues coincide with the Diablo 4 launch, so it's quite possible that Blizzard is prioritizing their D4 users over the OW ones for resource allocation. Or maybe the nature of how the games are played simply leads to saturation (OW releases the server every 15-30 minutes, D4 games could run for hours with drop-in players replacing original ones).

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://www.dexerto.com/overwatch/overwatch-2-producer-says-its-gross-when-games-release-op-heroes-to-drive-up-sales-2199463/

I almost spit my coffee when I saw that.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

fair play to them, Lifeweaver sucks

Rawrbomb
Mar 11, 2011

rawrrrrr
Mid Season 5 patch is out!

Patch Notes: https://overwatch.blizzard.com/en-us/news/patch-notes/
TL:DR

Tanks
  • Orisa - Buffed
    • Fortify up to 50% damage reduction, from 40%.
  • Ramattra - QOL
    • Vortex now passes through enemy heros instead of bouncing off of them.
  • Rienhardt - Buffed
    • Shield increased to 1400 health, up from 1200.

• Ball - Changes
    • Manual reload speed down to 1.6s from 2s.
    • Auto-reload in ball is still 2s
Damage
  • Sojourn - Buffed
    • Primary Fire Spread threshold changed to 12 shots, up from 8.
    • Primary Fire Spread reduced by 12%.

• Soldier - Buffed
    • Pulse Rife Damage up to 19, from 18.
    • Helix Rockets damage up to 90, from 80.
    • Biotic Field Healing up to 40/s, from 35/s.

• Sym - Buffed
    • Primary Fire Regen shield when damaging barriers at 30/shield helath a second
    • Secondary Fire Max Direct Damage up to 50 from 45.
    • Secondary Fire Max Explosion damage up to 50 from 45.
    • Turret damage down to 25, from 40)
    • Turrets show damaged targets while harming them, and for 1 second after disconnect

• Torb - Buffed
    • Secondary Fire spread reduced to 4.5, from 5 degrees.
    • Turret damage reduced to 11 from 14
    • Turret cooldown increased to 12 seconds, from 10.
    • Overload now gives 6 ammo on use.
Support
  • Kiriko - Buffed
    • Healing Ofuda recovery reduced to .9 from 1.0
  • Zen - Nerfed
    • Discord Orb Range down to 30 meters, from 40.
    • Discord removal down to 1.5 seconds from LOS from 2.

Rawrbomb fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jul 12, 2023

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Torb - """Buffed"""

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

2 tap sym holy moly lol

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

who do y'all like for fighting zarya as tank

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

volley ball is pretty fun :)

don't pick mercy

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

grieving for Gandalf posted:

who do y'all like for fighting zarya as tank

Mei. Isolate her and slow her so your teammates can (hopefully) get the quick elim.

Ana. Sleep her.

Definitely Widow if she's good.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

I think he wanted tank suggestions.

Zarya is one of those tanks that doesn't exactly have a hard tank counter, so you just gotta play around her bubbles and pick whoever you're good at mostly. Sigma can be okay against her cause he can keep his distance and also knock her rear end down when you see her use her 2nd bubble. Queen can struggle against her if zarya knows to time bubble to deny the healing from queen's E, and also bubble cleanses purple. DVa has a hard time because she can't eat the beam.

If you're any good at hog, he can obliterate her through her bubble with his ult, and force her bubbles onto CD by grabbing her team mates.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

That Ball change is anti-QoL if anything.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Ram is a great counter to Zarya. He can pressure her from a distance, put a shield up, and if she gets close then nemesis form to armor up, reduce damage, then punch the poo poo out of her.

Rawrbomb
Mar 11, 2011

rawrrrrr

Codependent Poster posted:

Ram is a great counter to Zarya. He can pressure her from a distance, put a shield up, and if she gets close then nemesis form to armor up, reduce damage, then punch the poo poo out of her.

What? No. Ram dies to Zarya, nothing he does can reduce her incoming damage. That beam straight up eats him.

Best way to deal with Zarya is to force her to blow through her cooldowns, but that requires a little bit of team coord. If the team isn't following focus targets, and or doesn't know to force the bubble pops. You'll probably spend half the match with her at mid-high energy. Which she should promptly use to walk into the back line and destroy your support.

Jack Trades posted:

That Ball change is anti-QoL if anything.

Due to the muscle memory? Nearly half second off reload seems ideal when you trigger it manually, and allows you to get back shooting.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Rawrbomb posted:

Due to the muscle memory? Nearly half second off reload seems ideal when you trigger it manually, and allows you to get back shooting.

A "quality of life" change is one that doesn't really change the character's balance but makes it more fun/less sweaty to play them well.

"Reload at the same speed in both modes" is good quality of life, because you don't need to care about reload time when deciding what mode to be in.

"Reload faster" is a buff, but it's paired with a negative quality of life change if you only get the buff in one mode and now you need to care about it when you previously did not.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Rawrbomb posted:

What? No. Ram dies to Zarya, nothing he does can reduce her incoming damage. That beam straight up eats him.

What are you talking about? His block reduces 75% of damage. And he can put a shield up. And he gets the armor buff. And he can whittle her down from a distance before engaging.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Ram absolutely destroys Zarya. He was my go-to counter to her.

Serotoning
Sep 14, 2010

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
HANG 'EM HIGH

We're fighting human animals and we act accordingly
I'll take stuff that works in one elo that's doesn't work in another for $800.

e: not aimed at anyone in particular, just suspect that this is that the convo is coming down to

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

Rawrbomb posted:

• Orisa - Nerfed
    • Fortify down to 40% damage reduction, from 50%.

It's the opposite, Fortify was buffed from 40 to 50%.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

you can't endorse someone who backfilled. someone bothered to program that. why, i have no idea

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Inept posted:

you can't endorse someone who backfilled. someone bothered to program that. why, i have no idea

Can't you? I think it depends on how long they've been in the match. I'm pretty sure I've endorsed and been endorsed when backfilling.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Yeah I meant if they backfilled within the last ~2 minutes. who cares, endorsements are meaningless, why bother blocking them at all

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
it's because people at high social levels get XP bonuses every few days, so saying good game via endorsement means they get a bit more XP

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

SirFozzie posted:

it's because people at high social levels get XP bonuses every few days, so saying good game via endorsement means they get a bit more XP

THE HUMANITY

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Played the Volleyball mode for just long enough to get the rewards. Impressive that they managed to make a game mode worse than Lucioball.

Rawrbomb
Mar 11, 2011

rawrrrrr

Pvt. Parts posted:

I'll take stuff that works in one elo that's doesn't work in another for $800.

e: not aimed at anyone in particular, just suspect that this is that the convo is coming down to
Haha, probably. I'm about average overall, and slightly above average at some of my tanks. I'm mostly a QP warrior, but regularly see GM/Masters titled players in my match. They might totally be off role though.

Jack Trades posted:

Ram absolutely destroys Zarya. He was my go-to counter to her.

Codependent Poster posted:

What are you talking about? His block reduces 75% of damage. And he can put a shield up. And he gets the armor buff. And he can whittle her down from a distance before engaging.

From my experience, normally he doesn't have much to punish her pushing in. Unless you have some decent team cord, it tends to be hard to kill the zarya if she has any level of support. Zarya can just keep marching forward towards Ram putting constant beam pressure on him, or walk past him to destroy the backline. At least, that's normally how I get it done.

Hargrimm posted:

It's the opposite, Fortify was buffed from 40 to 50%.

Thanks, fixed my post.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

one thing I wish more people would realize is that when zarya is at full charge, you might as well just shoot through every bubble she uses at that point since she aint getting any stronger.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

d0grent posted:

one thing I wish more people would realize is that when zarya is at full charge, you might as well just shoot through every bubble she uses at that point since she aint getting any stronger.

Yeah I have this argument in team chat often as a tank, I'll ask for help to focus her down and they the dps will be like ignore her, even though she's typically at 100% already from the dps shooting her bubbles.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I'd just say "burn zarya" and that means "gently caress it, she's dying even if she bubbles".

If you have a team that won't do that then she isn't dying and you're better off ignoring her/going after her backline.

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Played the Volleyball mode for just long enough to get the rewards. Impressive that they managed to make a game mode worse than Lucioball.

They did something with Lucioball's boop detection or the gun's cone of effect because I'm getting a lot of no-regs when I'm pretty sure I should have cleared the ball over the other end of the arena. Even in replays I can see the other players firing their guns like mad with limited success.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Dick Jones posted:

They did something with Lucioball's boop detection or the gun's cone of effect because I'm getting a lot of no-regs when I'm pretty sure I should have cleared the ball over the other end of the arena. Even in replays I can see the other players firing their guns like mad with limited success.

I noticed this too, it's often when you're really close to the ball.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

played the volleyball game with friends, the opposite teams had some serve then winston/genji/widow double spike before it came to our side and we lost like 1-10 both times. i guess that's the downside of playing after the first day, the only people still playing it are the ones who constantly play it

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

I was scrolling through the player name cards and saw a bunch of Pride Month cards I hadn’t noticed before including ones for… Baptiste and Pharah?

Did Blizzard just randomly decide to LGBT-ify these characters without any backstory? At least Soldier had that passing mention of his ex boyfriend in the Bastet comic.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
Bap has always been playing the field. Phara I never paid attention to her lore because I'm poo poo at that hero.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Dick Jones posted:

I was scrolling through the player name cards and saw a bunch of Pride Month cards I hadn’t noticed before including ones for… Baptiste and Pharah?

Did Blizzard just randomly decide to LGBT-ify these characters without any backstory? At least Soldier had that passing mention of his ex boyfriend in the Bastet comic.

they made Pharmercy canon (from Pharah's side at least)

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
They released a short story and gave Bap at least one spawn room line where he's flirting with Wifeleaver.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

mercy and pharah have also been flirting pretty obviously since ow2 came out iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

It's also funny to me that they only did that for explicitly "good" characters.

Like, cmon man, you can't tell me Moira is straight.