Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

DrManiac posted:

FF16's writing is starting to piss me off. they are doing my girls' Jill and Shiva dirty by making her job to literally everything. She jobbed in her own character arc and then immediately jobbed to Kupka out of nowhere without a fight

Dudes rock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)
the people clamor for a Dark Cloud 2 remake

but the powers that be refuse to hear our pleas

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

continuing to wait for atlus to get off its rear end and remaster digital devil saga

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 71 days!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Digital release or something super expensive?

It's steam and a physical release for the switch and the playstation, looks like. I will shell out for the switch physical game because it was one of my favorite games as a child (I got gold in the mermaid races bitch)

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Grapplejack posted:

It's steam and a physical release for the switch and the playstation, looks like. I will shell out for the switch physical game because it was one of my favorite games as a child (I got gold in the mermaid races bitch)

I swear I read digital somewhere but I am very dumb so I accept my wrongness

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Red Baron posted:

the people clamor for a Dark Cloud 2 remake

but the powers that be refuse to hear our pleas

They'd need to rebalance some of the side systems imo, simple remaster not enough

Make spheda playable in balance valley at minimum

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ojetor posted:

nigoro??

i think only they are allowed to call themselves that

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 71 days!

Robo Reagan posted:

i think only they are allowed to call themselves that

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I need to sit down, this is too much peak videogame

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

KirbyKhan posted:

video games are good, especially elden ring

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Xaris posted:

video games are good, especially elden ring

we will just have to agree to disagree then because video games are bad

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Grapplejack posted:

an insane wayforward announcement list

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1-fu8loFDY

Yes that is a new GBA game being released on a GBA cart in 2023

Extremely dudes-rock project for the shantae guy imo

Good for him

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

KirbyKhan posted:

so many good games out recently and so many coming, truly a bounty for us Video Gamers

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
did anyone else here beat Trepang2? I’ve got some confusion about the actual plot particularly the Jeffrey Bezos CEO guy, but it may be one of those plots like Hard Reset and Shadow Warrior that’s just insanely messy and incoherent that there’s no answer

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKVj3fAsO_s
zelda cd-i 4

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

started playing armored core: for answer on emulator
all the customization and stats were pretty overwhelming at first but it’s really satisfying to experiment with different parts to get past a tough mission.
can’t wait for AC6

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

https://twitter.com/punkittdev/status/1679008211335282689

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
it's called noclip, zoomers. smdh

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Augus posted:

all the customization and stats were pretty overwhelming at first but it’s really satisfying to experiment with different parts to get past a tough mission.
can’t wait for AC6

Oooh, I played that way back. It was my second Armored Core and it felt so good to go from chunky chunk walk to zoom zoom boost.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

the randomized banner for fear & hunger in steam for me is just a blurry close-up shot of a guard's dick and I feel like that's the most succinct summary of the game I've seen to date

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Buck Wildman posted:

the randomized banner for fear & hunger in steam for me is just a blurry close-up shot of a guard's dick and I feel like that's the most succinct summary of the game I've seen to date

you fear the dick, yet you hunger for it

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Al! posted:

you fear the dick, yet you hunger for it

camera pans up and it's.....A BEAR

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

battlebits time?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Lpzie posted:

battlebits time?

always

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

is that horse a reference to the uhh resistance jpg?

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Xaris posted:

they're clearly clipping all over the place

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
alright so i had some time to mull over F.E.A.R. 4 Trepang 2 and i gotta say... it's kinda disappointing overall.

- Gameplay tries hard to be F.E.A.R. 4 and while it kinda pulls it off in some moment-to-moment stuff, it's hamstringed by a lot of dumb design decisions and visuals and the AI isn't good enough to be challenging either. First it only has 2 weapon slots which severely limits what cool loadouts and "trying new things" because you'll probably always want a shotgun. Additionally there's like 8 different types of grenades including cool throwing axes but you can only have 1 type ever which basically just means frags because they're the best so you never get to use the weirder grenades like throwing axes or rat bombs. like it's just such a loving dumb poo poo Xbox 360 Nadira Era 2007 decision that it's mind boggling why they did this.

- Weapon mods also are kinda a stupid janky system because it means you don't want to experiment with picking up random unmodded NPC guns but also everytime you go to refill your gun in the saferoom you gotta re-mod it all the time. Most mods kinda suck

- Ammo drops are loving lovely, like there's a bunch of cool guns like Boltgun and Grenade Launcher but you can't really ever use them because levels pretty much only either drop Shotgun/SMG/ARammo so with the 2 weapon slots, you're pretty much only using Shotgun+SMG/AR because its the only things you get ammo for

- If you ever played Hard Reset by the Shadow Warrior guys, then this plot is basically very similar in it's incoherence. it's clearly been reworked a billion times during development and kinda a mess. Also very cliche at the same time.

- It does some SCP/Control type spooky weirdo House of Leaves stuff, which is very cool, but basically anytime you're fighting non-human zombies it kinda sucks. Boss fights mostly suck. The final fight is such a departure from the rest of the game that it left a sour taste.

- Visuals are really messy, muddled, and the game is really dark even with gamma turned up. It makes the actual moment-to-moment gameplay kinda lovely because you're trying to find the one NPC stuck in a dark corner. I used the Bullet Time option frequently not because I needed the slow mo, but because it turns your screen orange so you can see them better.

- Side missions mostly suck (except for 1 really cool spooky mission with a computer) and the actual game is pretty short, like 6 hours, could be done in like <5 if you skipped the boring side quests.

- There's a lot of very generic UE4 asset type stuff. which i'm kinda sick of UE4 stuff imo

But again some moment-to-moment gameplay when you're going chain-perma-bullet time and sliding around just dumping shotgun rounds into a whole squad of mercs is a lot of fun, and there's some very cool and fun set pieces. so it's not bad, just disappointing because it coulda been a lot better with even some mild changes.

It would be worth picking up on sale for <$15 or free on game pass. can't exactly recommend it for $30 unless you're a die hard FEAR guy. not a bad attempt for like a 5-man team though, I do give them solid props for punching a big swing for such a small team and kinda pulling it off and I like to support the lil' guy so I don't regret buying it, but I do wish it was better than it was.

Xaris has issued a correction as of 05:53 on Jul 13, 2023

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

A Space for the Unbound finished in probably 10-15 hours (why the Switch waits 2 weeks to tell you I will never get) - very good, definitely glad I took a chance on it. As ever with these story heavy, emotional games I went into it worried that this would be the moment I realize my heart has gone cold and still, but it got me after all. I've never played a Persona game but the main gimmick seems to be like if you wanted that sort of thing but without the anime and 100+ hour runtime.

Next up, Pikmin 3 until I realize that no amount of charm can make me want to play an RTS with a time limit (or I come across one of those balancing block puzzles), then either Undernauts or Mario Rabbids 2

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

A Space for the Unbound finished in probably 10-15 hours (why the Switch waits 2 weeks to tell you I will never get) - very good, definitely glad I took a chance on it. As ever with these story heavy, emotional games I went into it worried that this would be the moment I realize my heart has gone cold and still, but it got me after all. I've never played a Persona game but the main gimmick seems to be like if you wanted that sort of thing but without the anime and 100+ hour runtime.

Next up, Pikmin 3 until I realize that no amount of charm can make me want to play an RTS with a time limit (or I come across one of those balancing block puzzles), then either Undernauts or Mario Rabbids 2

The key with Pikmin 3 is realizing that daytime per day is limited but the game gives you like 80+ days worth of food, so the actual time limit is basically non-existent. Instead of trying to optimise each day, get a couple things done, then gather your Pikmin near the base and hit End Day.

IIRC there are a few balance puzzles but I think they're all optional. I personally quit because I hated the final bosses' gimmick, so I don't blame anyone for avoiding content they don't like or just tapping out early alltogether.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Augus posted:

can’t wait for AC6

Weapons with ammo are a trap

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

loquacius posted:

They'd need to rebalance some of the side systems imo, simple remaster not enough

Make spheda playable in balance valley at minimum

I hope they'd also revamp the whole "taking pictures of random poo poo to get invention ideas" so engaging with it doesn't more or less require having GameFaqs open at all times.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Grapplejack posted:

holy gently caress they're rereleasing tomba oh god i'm so excited

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1679227783149486082

holy poo poo WHAT

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Xaris posted:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Xaris posted:

only $13.99 on the ubistore

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i wonder how many games have monstrous DRM just so people can't use cheats and have to buy level boosts instead

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Truga posted:

i wonder how many games have monstrous DRM just so people can't use cheats and have to buy level boosts instead

right now mobile suit battle operations 2, a console port to pc, has a way where you can set up a VM to avoid easy anti cheat and then use cheat engine to give your self all the funny cash shop money you want.

Reports are some times you get banned for this, other times you do not and just lose the cash shop currency on monthly updates but keep the suits.

In either case, the banning seems to be monthly so just make a new account and blamo.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Truga posted:

they call it games as a service now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

RealityWarCriminal posted:

they call it games as a service now

:gas: