Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

rotinaj posted:

This was fun but it was like listening to a true crime podcast try to cover the chris benoit murders. You miss a lot of context if you don’t know that, for example, benoit would do a move every night where he falls off the top tope and lands on his head. Maaaaaybe that had to do with the shoddy state of his brain, or all the chair shots to the head.

when robert was going over Pillman and did not mention the car accident was like oh boy, and I was happy that sean or tom stepped in for that bit

because like when they went to interview brian pillman's widow that was qctually the *second* time they had remoted the pillman household, because vince had them remote after the accident and then had stone cold go and harass the family in the "pillman's got a gun" angle

Marsupial Ape posted:

Has there been a gag where two feuding wrestlers get mad and then went back stage to beat up a writers’ room?

vince russo in WCW was explicitly the booker/writer and had an on screen presence so yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Brian Pillman escaped his WCW contract by convincing Eric Bischoff that he could make an ECW invasion angle more real by firing him for reals. Bischoff agreed and Pillman laughed and never returned. We were living in 1995, he was living in 2995.

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jun 3, 2023

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Of course the subreddit went down the same day Berlusconi died

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
https://twitter.com/why_sophie_why/status/1668460032294531073?t=9QQbQLfrFkKq9TLhQTkalVrfjL0_xvQ2bZld2Bb6DZg&s=19

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
The Sad Oligarch trailer they put up on the feed seems good

For one thing, neat story, for two, the dude's very weird voice/accent gave me those asmr tingles

He sounds like an Australian who grew up in a dumpster in East london

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

The Peccadillo posted:

The Sad Oligarch trailer they put up on the feed seems good

For one thing, neat story, for two, the dude's very weird voice/accent gave me those asmr tingles

He sounds like an Australian who grew up in a dumpster in East london

I think Jake Hanrahan is a Brummie.

He's done a couple other podcasts. I liked Megacorp about how much Amazon sucks but I haven't listened to the others, Q Clearance and Popular Front.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Popular Front is his “main” podcast, it’s great if the description on the episode sounds interesting. Megacorp was also good but it seems to have died after season 1.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

goatsestretchgoals posted:

Popular Front is his “main” podcast, it’s great if the description on the episode sounds interesting. Megacorp was also good but it seems to have died after season 1.

Yeah I think the intention is/was to cover a different corp each season. Maybe the research for each one just takes a lot of work and time to do right?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Yeah I think the intention is/was to cover a different corp each season. Maybe the research for each one just takes a lot of work and time to do right?

I wouldn’t blame him for despairing at just how all-encompassing evil every specific corporation can be. Like, Robert usually just gives a CliffNotes/ “worst hits” of companies under a specific person’s direction, and even that gets pretty numbing at times.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
The latest series is about Stockton Rush and the Groversub. Well that was fast.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Zugzwang posted:

The latest series is about Stockton Rush and the Groversub. Well that was fast.

Implosions are instantaneous, mercifully.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
So today's title and reflexively shouted "Hell yeah" to an empty apartment

I want to know all about implosion man

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Froghammer posted:

So today's title and reflexively shouted "Hell yeah" to an empty apartment

I want to know all about implosion man

The moment I first learned of the whole story a week ago (my god), I knew there was going to be an episode. The whole situation was made for BtB.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I mean the guy’s name is Stockton Rush so yes

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
"The most unrealistic part of Terminator 2 isn't the time travel or the flesh-covered robots, it's the tech entrepreneur who, when warned that his invention would destroy the world, decided to put a stop to it"

I'm dying

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Zugzwang posted:

"The most unrealistic part of Terminator 2 isn't the time travel or the flesh-covered robots, it's the tech entrepreneur who, when warned that his invention would destroy the world, decided to put a stop to it"

I'm dying

He's not lying.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Holy poo poo today’s BTB ended with Robert reading a Lasik ad except it was somehow sped up and pitched sightly higher and he sounded exactly like Ben Shapiro

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

I got that ad at the beginning and had to double check I didn’t set my podcast app to 1.5x speed.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

I didn't get that or the Reagan gold ads, but I'm now getting Russell Brand shilling for Rumble, which in terms of missing your target demographic is almost as funny as the WSP ads were.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Subscribed, saw it still puts the ICHH episodes in the main feed, immediately unsubscribed. There’s nothing worse than being in a 4 parter, hitting half an hour of a drive where I don’t have service, and getting a preloaded batch of content that ages quickly delivered by hosts that are like a 50:50 ratio of being bad at delivering things over an audio medium. Putting the weekly ICHH in the main feed is basically a giant ad for the daily ICHH that’s way harder to skip.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
Is there a way to listen to the subscription outside of Apple Podcasts? Because I haven't used this app in a long time and am being aggressively reminded why that is.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
:siren: Scott Adams episode pt 1 of 2 :siren:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

And I was going to start listening to LPOTL's Manhattan Project series.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
:unsmigghh:

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I got almost nothing but the same ad of Robert telling me to watch the new Justified series this episode

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
Robert's "that's a brickin'" catchphrase has never been more fitting.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
A bit late, but just listening to the Proud Boy manual episode, and the way the PBs fellate entrepreneurs before even their 'respect' for the first and second amendments is contemptibly servile.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Samovar posted:

A bit late, but just listening to the Proud Boy manual episode, and the way the PBs fellate entrepreneurs before even their 'respect' for the first and second amendments is contemptibly servile.

The fact that "Proud Boys" comes from a B-side Aladdin track is one of those things I keep forgetting but then relearn and I cackle like an idiot everytime. Its the best form of Alzheimers.

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

The very first podcast I ever listened to was a weeb podcast back in 2005 (I was 15 lmao) and I only listened because they had an interview with R.K. Milholland and I was really into webcomics. I feel like I've come full-circle, somehow.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

swickles posted:

The fact that "Proud Boys" comes from a B-side Aladdin track is one of those things I keep forgetting but then relearn and I cackle like an idiot everytime. Its the best form of Alzheimers.

I knew it was an Aladdin track, but apparently I forgot that it didn’t even make it into the movie

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
will rob ever do joe kennedy sr and maybe tie it into his dipshit appeacement grandson? because Joe kennedy sr is probably one of the historical figures i genuinly hate on a personal level.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I whole-heartedly agree with the premise of these episodes. It sounds like Roberts has noticed how Dilbert-man says the word 'persuasion' like he's going to go home and furiously masturbate to the word.

It's something that has bothered me for years while trying to avoid the volumes of stupid poo poo he says and it just makes him a uniquely irritating person. Somewhere along the way he got the idea stuck in his head that he has access to some higher, enlightened plane of existence that no mere mortal can comprehend so all he has to do is use the 'power of persuasion' his superior intellect has granted him.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
I'm finding it very difficult to listen BtB anymore, not because of the content but because every time i listen to an episode, the episode will suddently glitch and skip to some arbitrary point and it'll do this about three times usually towards the end of an episode and then episode will suddenly just stop.

I usually listen through the google podcasts app and thought that might be why, so I switched to the iheart radio website recording and the exact same problem happened. I assume its related to the ads somehow but I dont understand why it's doing this, it never used too.

Its been happening for several episodes now and I just don't know what to do about it. :(

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Zeniel posted:

I'm finding it very difficult to listen BtB anymore, not because of the content but because every time i listen to an episode, the episode will suddently glitch and skip to some arbitrary point and it'll do this about three times usually towards the end of an episode and then episode will suddenly just stop.

I usually listen through the google podcasts app and thought that might be why, so I switched to the iheart radio website recording and the exact same problem happened. I assume its related to the ads somehow but I dont understand why it's doing this, it never used too.

Its been happening for several episodes now and I just don't know what to do about it. :(

I listen through Spotify and had this issue with one or two episodes over the years, and yeah I think it's ad related. Also, both times the episode was fixed the next day, so maybe e-mail/tweet about them.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Zeniel posted:

I want to say it's a buffering issue with the ads. It's happened to me a bunch. Ever since I started flipping over to another podcast then reloading BtB the issue is fixed.

e: this is the Google podcasts app

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

swickles posted:

Also, both times the episode was fixed the next day, so maybe e-mail/tweet about them.

the btb folks have been super cool about fans writing in about the scam gold ad sponsor, i am sure they will be super cool about this

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

rotinaj posted:

the btb folks have been super cool about fans writing in about the scam gold ad sponsor, i am sure they will be super cool about this

I am not sure whats going on about this, but seems funny. But anytime there is a legit technical issue they have always been transparent and diligent about fixing it.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

swickles posted:

I am not sure whats going on about this, but seems funny. But anytime there is a legit technical issue they have always been transparent and diligent about fixing it.

They set a precedent of not wanting ads by lovely sponsors early on and would make fun of things like the washington state highway patrol taking out ads on btb

Then when they started getting ads for “the economy is about to collapse, invest in gold!” ads that prey on old boomers and the few Greatest gen folk left, fans wrote in to be like “this seems antithetical to y’alls beliefs”, and at first they said nothing, then started to get really snippy about how they know there are lovely scam ads on the show. I suspect iheart told them to deal with it and accept the ad money.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

rotinaj posted:

They set a precedent of not wanting ads by lovely sponsors early on and would make fun of things like the washington state highway patrol taking out ads on btb

Then when they started getting ads for “the economy is about to collapse, invest in gold!” ads that prey on old boomers and the few Greatest gen folk left, fans wrote in to be like “this seems antithetical to y’alls beliefs”, and at first they said nothing, then started to get really snippy about how they know there are lovely scam ads on the show. I suspect iheart told them to deal with it and accept the ad money.

Its one thing to complain about ad reads by the host, but any other ad is just that. Like, probably not a conscience decision or one that comes from above. I also just hit fast forward 30 seconds 3 times and the ads are over, so I hear about 9 seconds of them total.

edit: and I thought they made fun of them for wasting their money on this demographic. Like sure, go ahead and play your boomer ads and give us money, you are getting exactl zero dollars back on your investment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

To be honest I have a lot more issue with them directly reading ads for better help than I do about random gold ads because at least those are funny and don't harm people due to bad therapy.