Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Once a week but keeping it real challenging sounds like the right call, especially with all those starting buffs and uptie 4 coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Yeah uh getting the Tour Guide Robot on stage 4 and My Form Empties as the final boss... I'm very fine just doing this poo poo once a week.

posadas
Jan 28, 2021
Is there a site which collects all the dialogue trees of ? encounters? Making a wrong choice is painful on hard

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

posadas posted:

Is there a site which collects all the dialogue trees of ? encounters? Making a wrong choice is painful on hard

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2941012531

They haven't added all the MD2 events yet, but people have been adding them in the comments so you can just ctrl + f one of the choices and see if it shows up.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

If the difference between quitting at the final hour and killing the boss is just 3 bp and I can still get the 250 lunacy (either then or later off an easier run), I'm skipping My Form Empties next time lol

If you're really obsessed with BP, it'd probably be faster to just spend the lunacy on daily stamina refills instead of pulling and run the Normal mode as much as possible.

Colin Mockery fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jul 13, 2023

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

posadas posted:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14qQvQ-vpMbJYLNHA32VMqgWgvgVRIhq-ceB_SS6Ieao/edit#gid=54829168
This is what I've been using (I got it from the Project Moon Discord). So far it's been seeming like it has everything.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Very happy about the x3 -> x1 Hard MD change.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Theantero posted:

Personally I want the rest of the Zwei IDs so that I can run a Full Zwei Squad in the normal MD2 as a joke.

At least the Uptie story is funny, Heathcliff thinks he's being inconspicious there

Ryanbomber posted:

If nothing else, this is a studio that knows how to implement feedback quickly

PM generally have no idea what they're doing but they also fix/adjust things fairly quickly afterward

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

lets hang out posted:

They also recommend to have unlocked ALL the starter buffs :ok:

"just run normal like 50 times before trying hard, it's really quite simple"

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I mean it would explain some of the balancing. Not so hard to beat 30s if you can guarantee ABS will hit the proper number.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Just realized something too-cute-by-half.

the new Zwei rodion has base coin values of +2.

Zwei. 2.

Shi Ishmael also consistently has +4 coin values. Cuz Shi = 4.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I don't think that's too crazy? It's beatable with low levels of starlight, gives you most of the reward if you can reach floor 5, and it'll only get easier as you run the dungeon more and more (plus uptie 4).

Pretty common for gachas to release difficult content that slowly gets easier, imo.

Valdent
Mar 16, 2016
Ok fairy long legs on fourth floor is somewhat more annoying when he's operating with a basic attack that's 13-21. Meursault is the hero we need for this. Clashing bosses is rough in hard mode.

Probe 17
Jul 27, 2014

Red Rain is coming down

Red Rain
I can attest to having beaten My Form Empties with exclusively the cost/ego resource buffs, and not even the full track. Just a max level/uptie team, some good E.G.O. gifts and luck.

It's definitely not impossible to beat it without the full set of upgrades, but I absolutely see why you'd want to have them.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
So it's a safe bet that the Starlight trees to prioritize are upper right for cost/EGO resources, followed by lower left for recovery and then whichever of the remaining to, from what I'm hearing?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Arzaac posted:

I don't think that's too crazy? It's beatable with low levels of starlight, gives you most of the reward if you can reach floor 5, and it'll only get easier as you run the dungeon more and more (plus uptie 4).

Pretty common for gachas to release difficult content that slowly gets easier, imo.

it's less "gets easier" and more "becomes doable without getting lucky"

anyway did my 2nd run, things went way better but My Form Empties still showed up for the final boss and even getting Lighter at the start of floor 5 I just didn't have the bazillion resources necessary to keep up with it

e: also we still don't know poo poo about uptie 4, it's commonly used as some magical catch-all for PM's baffling balance decisions but I don't think it should count until it's actually out

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lt. Lizard posted:

Yeah, Rhino Meursault is certainly a Meursault ID, unfortunately. Bizarrely low Clash Power (his Coins are barely better and in some cases worse!) than Rose Meursault and that's a 00 ID of the same sinner!) and his kit wants you to be at 10+ Charge, despite having skills that generate only 2 or 4 Charge and a skill that spends 4-10 Charge, so that ain't happening without a dedicated Charge team, except he is also Bleed support and Charge teams don't have Bleed, so he is pretty useless in those? He could have been good, but the numbers hosed him over pretty hard.

Meanwhile, Zwei Rodya is just ??????????????????????

I have 688 Meur shards and I think I'm still gonna take a pass on it(Meursault absolutely loves me though so I'll get him eventually in place of something I actually want, gaurunteed) please PM just give him an 000 that's better than Okay I beg of you. I THINK he's supposed to team with R Heathcliff who can inflict Bleed but no Count? But yeah he needs a Charge team but doesn't actually contribute much to one.

I'm not sure why they made Zwei so poo poo, especially since Zwei Sinclair was a running joke of The Worst ID before Sloshmael and now this came along, so it's not like they didn't have warning

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."

Verant posted:

So it's a safe bet that the Starlight trees to prioritize are upper right for cost/EGO resources, followed by lower left for recovery and then whichever of the remaining to, from what I'm hearing?

Top right for cost until at least you have +100 to start, then maybe the +10 Cost per win, then the upper-left branch until you get both Offense Level upgrades, since those help you win clashes. Then whatever. There's already some small innate regen after fights, and you should be taking L Corp Faust with as one of your required 00, so you'll have Fluid Sac available for periodic healing. Given that, I'd say the extra post-fight healing node isn't THAT important.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Honestly I'd say just changing MDH bonus to a once a week thing would be enough since it seems time consuming mostly. That way no need to nerf it.

You're a genius :v:

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022

Yinlock posted:

"just run normal like 50 times before trying hard, it's really quite simple"

Well, I guess I know what to do.

I wouldn't be surprised if, by the end of it, the Uptie update is out.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

3rd and last hardmode run for the week: lol MFE again i'm not fighting this loving thing pm

MFE is actually one of my fav fights in this game(and i'd like to see more ruina-style fights like it) but uh it was clearly not tested at all with inflated numbers

e: Since the final boss is so insanely resource-intensive no matter what form it takes success in the hardmode dungeon seems to mostly depend on what bosses you run into and if you meet the K corp gank squad. You can kinda manipulate the regular encounters by paying attentioon to the reccommended damage type but with the limited view sometimes you just get a run of them and you have no choice but to burn your resources surviving, gaurunteeing a loss against the boss. The bosses themselves range from "trivial" to "8 billion hp and outclashes you" to "will gib anyone they hit and you can't choose who clashes with them". They're all beatable but the problem is, again, resources.

e2: in short I think overall it's fine but the bosses really need another pass, especially the floor 5 ones

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jul 13, 2023

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013

Yinlock posted:

e2: in short I think overall it's fine but the bosses really need another pass, especially the floor 5 ones
Yeah the bull as final boss is.... it's something

VinnyDonuts
Oct 4, 2013

:lobcorp:
Everyone complaining about MFE (Hard) when I beat it first try makes me think I got really lucky on my run, then- I beat it first try, and didn't take too long to do it, either. It definitely helped that I had basically every Sin Resource EGO gift (Zippo, Coffee and Cranes, the throne, and Child in a Flask)- though I was pretty consistently on the edge where I just barely had enough resources to take care of the clashes on any given turn. I basically just had Faust spam Representation Emitter and Fluid Sac whenever possible to take care of clashes, picked and chose which attacks were ok to take on the chin (getting Rcliff tagged for 8 damage is Fine) and flattened Aida and the G Corp Manager with overwhelming amounts of damage (R Heath, W Don, and Chef Ryo all on the same team will do that) so I could focus all the karma on Guido. From there, it was relatively easy sailing.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

KobunFan posted:

Outis works very well as a cold leader. Probably because it's so close to what she actually would be if she was the leader.

yeah tbh I'd be genuinely surprised if we don't get Nikolai Outis at some point, you're right

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Google Jeb Bush posted:

yeah tbh I'd be genuinely surprised if we don't get Nikolai Outis at some point, you're right

actually, do you think Rabbit Heath, Reindeer Ish and Rhino Meur are the alt equivalents of Myo, Rudolph and Maxim or just grunts

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Junpei posted:

actually, do you think Rabbit Heath, Reindeer Ish and Rhino Meur are the alt equivalents of Myo, Rudolph and Maxim or just grunts

Heath is probably a grunt, with my guess for Myo being Outis. Guessing Meursault is akin to Maxim. No clue for Ishmael.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Dark horse theory, what if Outis becomes our first Raven?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I wonder if we'll ever get any Dante IDs...

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Quackles posted:

maybe in Paradiso

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

VinnyDonuts posted:

Everyone complaining about MFE (Hard) when I beat it first try makes me think I got really lucky on my run, then- I beat it first try, and didn't take too long to do it, either. It definitely helped that I had basically every Sin Resource EGO gift (Zippo, Coffee and Cranes, the throne, and Child in a Flask)- though I was pretty consistently on the edge where I just barely had enough resources to take care of the clashes on any given turn. I basically just had Faust spam Representation Emitter and Fluid Sac whenever possible to take care of clashes, picked and chose which attacks were ok to take on the chin (getting Rcliff tagged for 8 damage is Fine) and flattened Aida and the G Corp Manager with overwhelming amounts of damage (R Heath, W Don, and Chef Ryo all on the same team will do that) so I could focus all the karma on Guido. From there, it was relatively easy sailing.

MFE is basically a resource check so that would be why

I could've probably beaten him eventually on one of my runs but I didn't have the resources to outclash them or the patience to reset until everything went just right

It's mostly just a huge slog of a fight which is fine for a tense memorable RR capstone but less so for a routine battle

Redmark posted:

Yeah the bull as final boss is.... it's something

All of them are apparently lovely. MFE is a massively inflated resource check, the bull just outclashes you anyway, and the fox is apparently a murder machine who just kills you

e: apparently Kromer can also show up with a 20+ evade so have fun with that too

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jul 14, 2023

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Yinlock posted:

All of them are apparently lovely. MFE is a massively inflated resource check, the bull just outclashes you anyway, and the fox is apparently a murder machine who just kills you

e: apparently Kromer can also show up with a 20+ evade so have fun with that too

My final boss was the fox, and had a pretty smooth time of it. I spent massively on egos for clashes and aoe. Paralyze and offense down are lifesavers on tricky limbus stuff IMO. By the end of the fight, he was starting to chew through me, but a win is a win.

Octatonic fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jul 14, 2023

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Electrocentipede is probably the easiest 5th floor boss.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Quackles posted:

Football Striker Dante is a shoe-in.

Also I got centipede as my final boss and it was mostly fine imo.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

I actually managed to 3 round this one. If you can burn 2k hp in two turns, it just dies immediately because it doesn't build up charges.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Octatonic posted:

My final boss was the fox, and had a pretty smooth time of it. I spent massively on egos for clashes and aoe. Paralyze and offense down are lifesavers on tricky limbus stuff IMO. By the end of the fight, he was starting to chew through me, but a win is a win.

I also had the fox as the final boss in my only hard mode run, and I definitely wouldn't call it hard if you lead with a bunch of AoE egos to damage all the umbrellas. Once you deal with the umbrellas and the action economy is in your favor, you should be fine as long as you have enough resources stockpiled.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

it'd take a trillion loving years but that's a step up over, like, floor 4 headless fish

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

Quackles posted:

Heath is probably a grunt, with my guess for Myo being Outis. Guessing Meursault is akin to Maxim. No clue for Ishmael.

Myo is too bloodthirsty to be Outis. I could imagine Ryoshu as Myo, though.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Junpei posted:

Maxim used a hammer, so just grunts.

KobunFan posted:

Myo is too bloodthirsty to be Outis. I could imagine Ryoshu as Myo, though.
Don.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Octatonic posted:

Lurks With Wolves posted:

I also had the fox as the final boss in my only hard mode run, and I definitely wouldn't call it hard if you lead with a bunch of AoE egos to damage all the umbrellas. Once you deal with the umbrellas and the action economy is in your favor, you should be fine as long as you have enough resources stockpiled.

Fair enough, I only heard it was hard and have no personal experience fighting it because all I get is loving MFE, so I'll take you guys' word for it

but yeah the running theme with all of these is still "resources", namely how much you've had to spend just to survive if you got unlucky with enemies

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Jul 14, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countzer
May 27, 2022
The value of resource-generating EGO gifts in Hard Mode goes from "nice to have but largely unneeded" to "priority pick". I had Kromer as my final fight and considering she was throwing 30+ dice rolls I was clashing with 2-3 EGOs every turn. The only normal attacks that could contest her were N Sinclair, R Heath at 6+ Speed, W Don at 10+ charge. At the end I barely won as Yi Sang corroded Sunshower with the coin EGO gift and hit everyone twice with it, and next turn the survivors also corroded and went on a rampage.

A win's a win, I suppose.