Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!

Fighting Elegy posted:

I'm looking for a funny youtube video that's from 2012 or earlier. I'm going to guess it was removed, or the original creator's account was deleted. It was a parody of "angry reviewers" where a reviewer was playing "Mario" and complaining about it. The funny part of it was is that it was obviously a weird gameboy bootleg cartridge, where Mario was able to roll in a ball like Sonic. He used this complain about Mario always ripping off Sonic and said several other wrong things in a way that was funny, but also could make nerds get mad about how he was criticizing Mario while being wrong about everything.

I want to say it was called "The Irate Angry Video Game Nerd" but nowadays searching for that on Youtube just gives you Irate Gamer/Angry videogame nerd content.

I hope its not a breaking of the rules but I wanted to bring this up again. Been looking for it for years and years with no luck. Posted it on the lost media reddit, and they tell me it isn't "lost media" but I seriously wonder if its lost media now.

i was watching the youtuber hehu42 at the time, and feel like whoever made this video was kind of a similar videogame shitposter from 2012/2013.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Here's an interesting one: When I was really little (late '80s), I remember watching some kind of Muppet thing; I don't remember if it was a special or an episode of The Muppet Show but it wasn't one of the '80s movies. Something about Kermit talking wistfully about his early years in his swamp? My memory was that he was under the influence of truth serum or something like that, but this could be a false memory.

I've looked and I've never found what this could have been.

The direct to video/DVD movie Kermit's Swamp Years.

Trailer: https://youtu.be/f23TUYzNNd8

Full movie in 2-3 minute segments:
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLq9VyNRJc4K1-tPurqWiMQODeiCZDRt1l

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Here's an interesting one: When I was really little (late '80s), I remember watching some kind of Muppet thing; I don't remember if it was a special or an episode of The Muppet Show but it wasn't one of the '80s movies. Something about Kermit talking wistfully about his early years in his swamp? My memory was that he was under the influence of truth serum or something like that, but this could be a false memory.

If it wasn’t any of the three movies and it wasn’t an episode of The Muppet Show and it was made in the late 80s, it might have been The Jim Henson Hour. Was it an actual scene of Kermit in the swamp, or was he just talking about it? There were a number of behind-the-scenes specials that might have had gags where Kermit talks to the documentary host like an actor on set. He guest hosted Larry King show a bunch too, but he probably wouldn’t have been talking about his childhood.

Have you checked the filmography on wikipedia? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kermit_the_Frog#Filmography

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

THAR SHE BLOW!!!!! STARBOARD MY LADS!!!!

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Super Bowl commercial. Probably 20 years ago.

Instead of pitching what services they actually had, the ad had random stuff in it, including a monkey being a cute monkey. At the very end, there is a frame or voiceover about how they just blew $2 million dollars.

It was obviously trying to be memorable, but obviously failed because I haven't been able to figure out what company it ws.

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Super Bowl commercial. Probably 20 years ago.

Instead of pitching what services they actually had, the ad had random stuff in it, including a monkey being a cute monkey. At the very end, there is a frame or voiceover about how they just blew $2 million dollars.

It was obviously trying to be memorable, but obviously failed because I haven't been able to figure out what company it ws.

E*Trade, year 2000, at the peak of the first dotcom bubble. They had two other similarly useless ads that year, according to Wikipedia.

Cassius Belli fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jul 12, 2023

Pulchritudinous
May 19, 2005
It means "to reduce by one-tenth."

OldAlias posted:

Barry bonds yams gif

Is Barry Bonds as obsessed with yams as Vernon Davis is? https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/933894033293881345?s=20

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Cassius Belli posted:

E*Trade, year 2000, at the peak of the first dotcom bubble. They had two other similarly useless ads that year, according to Wikipedia.

That's definitely it. Thank you.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

BigBadSteve posted:

The direct to video/DVD movie Kermit's Swamp Years.

Trailer: https://youtu.be/f23TUYzNNd8

Full movie in 2-3 minute segments:
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLq9VyNRJc4K1-tPurqWiMQODeiCZDRt1l

Thanks! I'm not sure if this is it or not; did it come out in the '80s?

I AM GRANDO posted:

If it wasn’t any of the three movies and it wasn’t an episode of The Muppet Show and it was made in the late 80s, it might have been The Jim Henson Hour. Was it an actual scene of Kermit in the swamp, or was he just talking about it? There were a number of behind-the-scenes specials that might have had gags where Kermit talks to the documentary host like an actor on set. He guest hosted Larry King show a bunch too, but he probably wouldn’t have been talking about his childhood.

Have you checked the filmography on wikipedia? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kermit_the_Frog#Filmography

I'll check that out; thanks.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

This thread has made me think on this topic considerably, and to my amazement I've realized I no longer care about anything overly, as such I have no white whales.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

redshirt posted:

This thread has made me think on this topic considerably, and to my amazement I've realized I no longer care about anything overly, as such I have no white whales.

This feeling is my white whale

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Maybe-- Muppet Show episode with John Denver, they're planning a camping trip to the swamp. Kermit gets sad that nobody wants to go; he speaks fondly about his old childhood home.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Here's one for the thread. A hip hop music video from the early 2000s. I think I first saw it in a Stereogum article but haven't been able to find it since. I recall it was pretty high production value but I have searched among flying lotus, kendrick lamar, and fka twigs kinda music videos for it but no luck.

Primary memory is a shot in the music video with a Grace Jones-esque woman topless and superimposed against the city sky so she looks gigantic, she is maybe walking through the city skyline

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Grassy Knowles posted:

This feeling is my white whale

Hello Bhodisattva!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Sir Nose posted:

Maybe-- Muppet Show episode with John Denver, they're planning a camping trip to the swamp. Kermit gets sad that nobody wants to go; he speaks fondly about his old childhood home.

I can't find the clip on Youtube but I'll bet that's it. My mom is a big John Denver fan so they probably rented the Muppet Show episode where he appeared.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

I can't find the clip on Youtube but I'll bet that's it. My mom is a big John Denver fan so they probably rented the Muppet Show episode where he appeared.

Here's the 1979 Christmas special with John Denver where Kermit reminisces about life back in the swamp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuEzaMzaSHU&t=1208s

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
I may be imagining it, but I swear I saw footage of the puppet “warhorse” before he was fully developed. He went up on a stage from the left side audience section, and the person hosting the event pretended he was a real horse. Warhorse reared up nervously at one point. There’s some footage from Canada that looks about right, but I could have sworn parts were made of paper, not just wood. His puppeteers were hidden by a much less fully formed torso than the finished one. Can anyone find this?

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Thanks for the help in identifying Kermit's swamp nostalgia.

Long shot: I've had this recording of a number station being jammed by "Chinese music" for years. I'm curious to know if the music is an identifiable song. I can't find much information, obviously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbZApetsgjE

The music cuts in at about fourteen seconds.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Thanks for the help in identifying Kermit's swamp nostalgia.

Long shot: I've had this recording of a number station being jammed by "Chinese music" for years. I'm curious to know if the music is an identifiable song. I can't find much information, obviously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbZApetsgjE

The music cuts in at about fourteen seconds.

Is that not the Chinese Firedrake jammer?

from the signal identification wiki

quote:

While the music played on the jammer is colloquially known as the Firedrake (火龙), it is actually a series of 12 Chinese folk songs that are cycled through. Currently only 6 of the songs have been identified.
Song 1: The Eastern King's Victory (东王得胜令)
Song 2: Music of Prince of Qin Breaking up the Enemy's Front (秦王破阵乐)
Song 3: Unknown
Song 4: Unknown
Song 5: Unknown
Song 6: Unknown [the song was used as the opening song of Zhao Lirong's essay "Veteran"(《老将出马》的开场曲 )]
Song 7: Celebrating Harvest (庆丰收)
Song 8: Unknown
Song 9: Unknown
Song 10: Great Victory (大得胜)
Song 11: Gather the Harvest (夺丰收)
Song 12: Harvest Drums (丰收锣鼓)

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

You may have come across this page already but that's known as "firedrake" jamming from China.

https://www.sigidwiki.com/wiki/Chinese_Firedrake_Jammer

(TIL that firedrake is just basically a translation of the German concept of a dragon, not anything from the exotic Orient)

As that page notes is apparently taken from a looping satellite feed belonging to Chinese state radio of a dozen instrumental songs. Some of them have been identified and you could probably search the Chinese character names of the known pieces and see if they match.

Also I thought they mainly jammed stuff like the Voice of America and BBC, interesting that they fired it up to obliterate a numbers station.

e: f,b

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

There's a (90's?) video game that ends with every one of the game's mobs and the protagonist together in a dungeon singing a song extolling said protagonist. Does that sound familiar to anyone? I must have seen it posted here somewhere

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Normal Barbarian posted:

There's a (90's?) video game that ends with every one of the game's mobs and the protagonist together in a dungeon singing a song extolling said protagonist. Does that sound familiar to anyone? I must have seen it posted here somewhere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKgwy5OIWpo
This?

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

I wasn't looking for this but had forgotten all about it. Wasn't this heavily dependent on screenshots of random locations from Oblivion as art assets?

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Wow. Wow. That is far worse than I remembered.

Thank you, you beautiful person, you.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Crazy Achmed posted:

I wasn't looking for this but had forgotten all about it. Wasn't this heavily dependent on screenshots of random locations from Oblivion as art assets?

Bingo, that's that game.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Normal Barbarian posted:

Wow. Wow. That is far worse than I remembered.

Thank you, you beautiful person, you.
If it is really far worse than you remembered it could be because I am sitting here confused that they were not talking about the 2004 Bard's Tale remake which I would have described the same way

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

I sabotaged my own searches by looking for a competent-yet-supremely-goofy game from the 90's instead of turbo garbage from the late aughts.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Is there an episode of happy days where fonzie is faced with a sword wielding dude? And the sword dude thrusts at fonzie, oh poo poo he connects!! Except fonzie actually caught the sword between his arm and torso

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Is there an episode of happy days where fonzie is faced with a sword wielding dude? And the sword dude thrusts at fonzie, oh poo poo he connects!! Except fonzie actually caught the sword between his arm and torso

Idk about all that but I did find this which makes the shark jumping look tame in comparison
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCLy8Por4fo

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Not what I was think of...

But now I can say I've seen everything, lol

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Milo and POTUS posted:

Did we get it

Yeah you did, sorry. The original original started with about six minutes of some show called (I think) American Pickers which got interrupted by the breaking news, but other than that this is it. Thank you!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

loving Arthur Fonzarelli.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I love all the bad+stupid episodes of happy days and if you were expecting anything more from it maybe you're a dummy!

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

In the late 00s there were a bunch of recreations of the same 60 second youtube video that went something like this

Boys at the doorway: "We're gonna go shoot some hoops, wanna come?"

Guy at his desk: "Nah man I've got to study for my test"

Boys at the doorway: "All right man catch you later" *exit*

Guy at his desk stares into space while Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls plays. Fade to black.

Help me, goons! Can't find the original or even a single imitation. I think it would have been about 2007 or 2008.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Normal Barbarian posted:

I sabotaged my own searches by looking for a competent-yet-supremely-goofy game from the 90's instead of turbo garbage from the late aughts.

I am an admin on the Turbo Garbage wiki

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
Mc Paul Barman's 2002 song "Cock Mobster" had a Flash made music video I watched years ago that is seemingly wiped from the web.

Not that I need to watch it. Its was a lovely early Flash music video. I just find it interesting stuff can just vanish.

zaepg fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jul 26, 2023

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

thinking about a couple tv shows from my childhood I've only ever seen turn up on the internet in complete dogshit bitcrunch quality, if at all

photon, the circa 1986 live-action tie-in to the laser tag arena chain, a surreal us-japan co-production where our hero gets dumped into a tokusatsu nightmare. several episodes have been floating around youtube in extremely marginal rips, nowhere near the whole series

dragon warrior (yes, that dragon warrior) - the dragon quest anime was dubbed and briefly ran on CBS in the very early 90s, and while the original Japanese version is out there, I've never encountered the dub anywhere online except for one episode in a rip from the worst-condition vhs tape ever

it's possible that one of both of these have been released cleaned up since i last looked; I'm on break at work on my phone, so it's not like I can really dig in and research

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
-On the subject of the Landau red carpet interview, Back when Dumb and Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd came out, I remember Comedy Central or MTV (I think) did a promotional red carpet special for the movie.

I'm nearly 100% sure the interviewer on the red carpet area is talking to actors from the movie, one by one, and then Mimi Rodgers gets interviewed.

He says something like, "You play a MILF in this movie."

There is a quick moment where she looks mortified for just a few seconds and while the interview goes on I couldn't help but think she's processing someone saying that to her for the rest of it. Not even her IMDB seems to mention it as a 'self' appearance and it's not the sort of thing that someone probably would have thought to record and put on Youtube in a few years.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Does anyone here happen to work for a bookstore in Mexico? I need a book sold by a university there, but language is a barrier and their store website is rear end.

EDIT: Along the same lines, can a Scandigoon help me translate a publisher page from what I think is Norwegian? I'm not sure if they're out of stock and planning to get more or they're out of stock permanently.

I brought my Drake fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Jul 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

I brought my Drake posted:

Does anyone here happen to work for a bookstore in Mexico? I need a book sold by a university there, but language is a barrier and their store website is rear end.

EDIT: Along the same lines, can a Scandigoon help me translate a publisher page from what I think is Norwegian? I'm not sure if they're out of stock and planning to get more or they're out of stock permanently.

Scandigoon here, PM me.