Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

I play on a Switch Lite and the gyro aiming is incredibly intuitive. I don't even notice that I'm doing it. I imagine it would make less sense looking at a TV vs moving the entire field of view to perfectly line up how you want it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGreySpectre
Sep 18, 2012

You let the wolves in. Why would you do that?
I'm generally playing on a seperate screen. Looking down at a screen hurts my neck, so I tend not play in handheld mode unless I'm traveling. Not to mention everything is larger when playing on a seperate screen.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I played without gyro aiming and can't imagine having to deal with it. Ultrahand was some of the most complicated controller inputs I've ever got used to, as someone that never really got into fighting games or anything.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
It took longer than the first temple to find out that gyro aiming was a thing. I thought the game just had really unsteady wobble aiming.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Gyro aiming is great when I am being a stealth archer with nothing alerted.

Gyro aiming is terrible when I have stopped being a stealth archer because I hosed up and now an angry mob of monsters is charging me and I am panicking.

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009
Gyro aiming is nice on one of my Pro Controllers where it works pretty well.

Gyro aiming is extra poo poo on my other Pro Controller that has some kind of issue and the aim just wobbles constantly, even with the controller sitting down. Sadly that's the controller I had been using most the time, and I just thought that switch motion was as bad as previous Nintendo consoles. It also made me really wonder how many controllers are defective like this, and if that drives some of the arguments online about how well/poorly it works.

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
Gyro is great when I'm concentrating really hard on targeting, and it's the best way for me to get precision shots. However I tend to fidget and move around a lot even when I'm just lying in bed playing on handheld so it detects my movements when when I don't want it to. I don't know if there's really a fix to that except maybe sitting in a proper chair when I play, and that defeats the purpose of handheld enabling me to be a lazy piece of poo poo.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

GaylordButts posted:

It also made me really wonder how many controllers are defective like this, and if that drives some of the arguments online about how well/poorly it works.

Pure speculation, but I don't think it could be too prevalent. I've spent so much time in and around the Splatoon games, where gyro aiming is a much more relevant topic for the community, and I would expect to have seen it come up as a significant topic for discussion over the past five or six years if controller issues were a notably common problem.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I tried to play Tiny Tina's Wonderlands (keyboard/mouse) and the aiming with a MOUSE felt so much worse than just straight-up gyro aiming with the Pro controller in TOTK. I've been nothing but impressed with it

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
https://youtu.be/5b89qhEorAw

Oh this is clever.

Edit: oh it requires a glitch, meh

Fangz fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jul 13, 2023

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

Steve Yun posted:

Usually the entry into Misko treasures is some random traveler nearby or the stupid treasure Hunter guys or stumbling onto one randomly in a cave but once you get one you read the stone tablet next to the chest to get a clue to the next one and it becomes a quest chain

Are you loving KIDDING ME. I never noticed that THE ENTIRE GAME.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Okay I should backpedal on that a little, I’m starting my second run and it seems not all misko treasures have a stone tablet clue. I have no idea if most of them have clues, I just know many did

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

For anybody who hasn't done it yet, let me save you my pain:

On the A Call from the Depths quest, the eyes despawn if you move them from where they landed but don't get them to their destination, and return to where they initially landed. Do NOT spend 20 minutes hunting around the area you SWEAR you left them trying to figure out where they went :cripes:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

On the A Call from the Depths quest, the eyes despawn if you move them from where they landed but don't get them to their destination, and return to where they initially landed. Do NOT spend 20 minutes hunting around the area you SWEAR you left them trying to figure out where they went :cripes:

also, attaching dragon parts to them and then dropping them in the hole just results in your dragon parts vanishing

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Was I the only one who dropped them all from the surface before going down and grabbing all of them to do it in one big delivery?

https://burningjustice.net/sa/bargainer_eyes.mp4

I was still getting the hang of building things, okay. It worked out in the end!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
^^^ Something I learned from a schematic I got somewhere is that you can place torches above the flame emitters so the balloons will stay inflated when you run out of battery.

Jerusalem posted:

They go back to where they landed? Dang, I thought they went all the way back to the surface. When I lost one, I would just reload the save from just before dropping down to save myself time of traveling from whatever shrine to get back to them.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Link has started a rural electrification project

https://www.reddit.com/r/HyruleEngi...web2x&context=3

Zelda who?

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

gently caress a dupe glitch, Nintendo needs to patch Call from the Depths

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

It took me until the third eye to realize you dropped the eyes near minecart rails that you could breeze them in on.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

I realized that pretty quickly ONCE I STOPPED FOLLOWING THE QUEST DESCRIPTION THAT CAUSED THEM TO DESPAWN NINTENDO poo poo!!!!!???

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Coxswain Balls posted:

Was I the only one who dropped them all from the surface before going down and grabbing all of them to do it in one big delivery?

I dropped them all down first, spend too long trying to move the first one (hence the despawn) and then like the other poster mentioned belatedly realized I could make use of all the nearby cart lines to take them all back fairly quickly. I'd considered doing a single pick-up/dropoff but didn't want to risk my transport falling apart halfway through.

Cojawfee posted:

^^^ Something I learned from a schematic I got somewhere is that you can place torches above the flame emitters so the balloons will stay inflated when you run out of battery.

Oh poo poo!

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

In my defense, it was dark and I was scared. Those mine cart tracks could have gone anywhere!

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
A piece of wood will work to keep a balloon going too

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Nae
Sep 3, 2020

what.

Coxswain Balls posted:

In my defense, it was dark and I was scared.

this is a good excuse for any and every action one might take in the depths

TheGreySpectre
Sep 18, 2012

You let the wolves in. Why would you do that?
Now that I know bomb arrows work on shrine targets I've been using it on pretty much every target I find in a shrine. It's just so much easier than making whatever they want you to construct.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I never used it the first time around, but it was nice on my second run when I saw a puzzle but just wasn't in the mood for rethinking my way through it.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Where did you come from where did you go
Where did you come from

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Tunicate posted:

Link has started a rural electrification project

https://www.reddit.com/r/HyruleEngi...web2x&context=3

Zelda who?

I have no idea what this video is supposed to be showing besides Link in a weird fetish suit

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
Final boss spoilers, but this is incredible :allears:

code:
https://twitter.com/pm0200kt/status/1678395874697949184

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Blaziken386 posted:

code:

loving Yiga getting fancy with their banana traps.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Blaziken386 posted:

code:

:kiss:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Docjowles posted:

I have no idea what this video is supposed to be showing besides Link in a weird fetish suit

Using quantum entanglement and object displacement it's possible to create phantom batteries with unlimited charge to power a shock generator that doesn't actually exist where it is, resulting in a multi kilometer long stream of free electricity stretching from lookout point to wherever you put the other half of the entangled device.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Got the Dispelling Darkness Medal last night. I've run out of depths.

:unsmith:

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I've cleared the depths, one dungeon, and over half the shrines. Still I can't be arsed to summon all the fairies with all that music busywork. I feel like I'm playing a very long RPG where I'm still Level 1 at hour 50.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

The faeries are one avenue for leveling up so you might wanna think about that if you feel underpowered. The difference between 0 star and 4 star armor is insane. Nothing short of like Lynels can hurt you anymore.

Also imo the band quests are fun and each one takes like maybe 10 minutes :shrug:

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
fun thing i learned last night: the Ember/Frostbite/Charged set helms, when dyed, actually dye link's hair instead

which is great for fashion

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Elden Ring 2 better have dye options to keep up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Steve Yun posted:

Elden Ring 2 better have dye options to keep up

Every game should have transmog, and the ability to let me dye my clothes pink, and a photo mode. We'll never truely be in a golden age of games until that happens