Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm not convinced that lightning rounds exist and this isn't a funny prank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

This year's solstice armor looking classy af.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

RocketRaygun posted:

I hope DMG gets some (or all) of that payout. That is, of course, if the harasser even pays and doesn't continue to blow off the court.

When things have gotten to this stage the court can just seize his money. The problem now is that he probably doesn't have $500K to his name, so they're going to have to set up wage garnishments etc

This guy hosed up the entire rest of his life because he was mad about black people playing video games

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Collecting on a judgment from some people can be nearly impossible, they are known in the legal world as "turnips," as in "you can't squeeze blood from a turnip." No real property, don't keep much in banks, work for cash under the table or get paid directly by clients, etc. Some of the more legally sophisticated ones can live a fairly luxurious lifestyle even under Chapter 7 bankruptcy rules.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

haveblue posted:

When things have gotten to this stage the court can just seize his money. The problem now is that he probably doesn't have $500K to his name, so they're going to have to set up wage garnishments etc

This guy hosed up the entire rest of his life because he was mad about black people playing video games

They give his full name, which means that he is an adult. A grown man got THAT mad at video games.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Good deal.

Also people are still giving him grief - he shared this on threads a few days ago. Let it go.

Reading the complaint, the judgement is just for Bungie's losses and not dmg's. At least it will make a separate suit easier. Get that bread dmg04.

Verdugo fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jul 13, 2023

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

RocketRaygun posted:

I hope DMG gets some (or all) of that payout. That is, of course, if the harasser even pays and doesn't continue to blow off the court.

A guy like that probably doesn't have the ability to pay it. No idea how that plays out, but there's a real good chance nobody at all sees that payout

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I got the Warlock horn helmet that gives you 2x resistance inside your Rift, and also spawns a rift when you die

Anyone know:

Does the rift that spawn when you die also give 2x resistance to your fireteam? Or is that just for me?

It's probably my favorite helmet so far. I also use one that allows me to blink more often, has great stats, but it's not super useful or anything, usually blink myself off of a platform...

The one that reveals hidden enemies is very good too, but I wish I could mark priority targets myself, not sure how the helmet chooses them

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Majere posted:

Weird how they got rid of warmind balls and charged with light (because it was convoluted) and gave us 5 different elemental pick up mcguffins, strand balls, and armor charge. (Not convoluted?)

The problem with Warmind Cells was that they were 1) tied to a very specific set of weapons, 2) couldn't find a position between "instantly clearing a room with no effort" and "too gimmicky and weak to every actually use", and really, the solar blow everything up build was the only thing that was really useful, the other stuff was pretty gimmicky. It was something they made when they thought they were going to be using sunsetting as a way of shifting the sandbox, so this extremely powerful thing could be tied to this specific set of weapons and armor, because worst case scenario, they'd be gone from the game in a year anyway. And the spiritual successor to Warmind Cells isn't in Armor Charge, it's the subclass keywords. Most of the stuff you did with Warmind Cells (suppress and weaken, blow stuff up, increase weapon damage, reduce incoming damage) is just baked into your aspects and fragments now.

Armor Charge was more about combining Charged With Light and Elemental Wells and I do understand that it feels like a weird lateral move to go from four kinds of elemental well that charged all of your abilities to four differently shaped elemental pick-ups, where three of 'em only charge one ability, one of them tracks to you by default, one tracks but only with a specific fragment, two of them don't track and are on cooldowns for some reasons, but it got rid of a lot more weird annoying quirks and roadblocks to a cohesive build than it created.

Off the top of my head, taking advantage of Font of Might in actual boss DPS situations could range from reasonable to a complete loving pain in the rear end depending on the encounter, your weapon and your team composition. And High Energy Fire didn't stack with anything and consumed stacks after each kill, making it aggressively useless for most things. Replacing those with Weapon Surge mods significantly simplified things.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
Moving getting rid of Wells also put a little more focus on orbs, which always provide a benefit to your teammates, giving a bit more leeway in coordination between builds helping eachother rather than generating pickups that don’t seem to provide benefit.

Also, it felt to me like destiny uses the word “Well” a lot for things… destinations, warlock abilities, surely a third thing that I can’t think of. So I’m glad to clear that up a bit too.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
When I want to use my Dawnblade Warlock's Super Ability to generate three elemental pick-ups in the Dreaming City's wave-based public event-style activity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFybFIJqfvU&t=20s

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Still no lightning round but I have the whole Pfhor Hunter ornament set! It looks good with Horizon Blush. It's still bullshit the security officer went to the hunters though. He's proto Master Chief and the Titans are just that also :mad:

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

RBA Starblade posted:

Still no lightning round but I have the whole Pfhor Hunter ornament set! It looks good with Horizon Blush. It's still bullshit the security officer went to the hunters though. He's proto Master Chief and the Titans are just that also :mad:

Which difficulty are you playing? The lighting round is extremely rare in the match made version.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

RBA Starblade posted:

titans can't get everything. other classes can have little a good stuff, as a treat.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

So far both lol, it just won't show up

Sooner or later I guess

Lib and let die posted:

titans can't get everything. other classes can have little a good stuff, as a treat.

Hunters don't deserve good things. Warlocks getting to be Compilers is pretty rad too

e: Lol the game forgot to give me my Crucible/IB pinnacle gear, thanks for nothing

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jul 14, 2023

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I have to imagine* Bungie has to be careful with putting any Halo Things in the game when they sold their ownership of Halo Things to a competing studio. Letting the skinny Hunters wear some Mk IV Mjolnir is safe, but letting a Titan (already built like John Halo) wear a Spartanesque outfit is risky bisky

No coincidence we don't have any sparrows that look like Warthogs or Ships that look like Pelicans!

*Maybe having a Mandela Moment but I'd swear you could find the terms of the Halo deal on the internet pretty easily and it had all sorts of stuff about Bungie not being allowed to do a whole host of Halo-type things, including 8v8 pvp?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

RBA Starblade posted:

e: Lol the game forgot to give me my Crucible/IB pinnacle gear, thanks for nothing

Do you mean the "complete three games to get a pinnacle" crucible reward, cause that don't exist no more, it just drops an exotic engram now.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

No coincidence we don't have any sparrows that look like Warthogs or Ships that look like Pelicans!

But what about ships that look like Warthogs, or sparrows that look like Pelicans? Clearly those are different things, so they should be fine.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
What about a sparrow that looks like a puma, surely that would be fine.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
There’s a sparrow that looks enough like a Halo Ghost that they must have talked to someone at MS about it. Maybe there’s something in the go-independent-again agreement that let them use it

It’s the Myth and Oni references, however veiled, that would have been trickier, since that IP holder hasn’t had anything to do with them for two decades

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

haveblue posted:

There’s a sparrow that looks enough like a Halo Ghost that they must have talked to someone at MS about it. Maybe there’s something in the go-independent-again agreement that let them use it

It’s the Myth and Oni references, however veiled, that would have been trickier, since that IP holder hasn’t had anything to do with them for two decades

I almost put a double asterisk for "yeah yeah I know there are halo references in the 30th anniversary"

It's a safe bet that the 30th Anniversary contents got item-specific approvals from 343.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

MJeff posted:

Do you mean the "complete three games to get a pinnacle" crucible reward, cause that don't exist no more, it just drops an exotic engram now.

No, the Iron Banner ones for pinnacle gear, and the Crucible weekly bounty one

The game just forgot to give me any of those lol. Saladin just stares at me disapprovingly :negative:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Are your engrams full? If so, they may have gone to the postmaster

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

haveblue posted:

Are your engrams full? If so, they may have gone to the postmaster

Nope! Just weren't there at all

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

*Maybe having a Mandela Moment but I'd swear you could find the terms of the Halo deal on the internet pretty easily and it had all sorts of stuff about Bungie not being allowed to do a whole host of Halo-type things, including 8v8 pvp?

I remember something on this topic when Bungie and Marty had their slapfight, and also when Activision had to release a bunch of it's deals. I don't recall it being as specific as preventing 8v8 pvp, but I do remember there being some weird prohibitions.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Hey I got the Thunderlord and Jotunn catalysts! :toot:

I have to kill so many aliens

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I don’t know about any legal situation but personally if I was directing a follow-up to my biggest project of all time I’d also be wary of putting too many references to it in the new game so that people don’t just immediately plaster over my new ideas with all my old ones.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

RBA Starblade posted:

Hey I got the Thunderlord and Jotunn catalysts! :toot:

I have to kill so many aliens

Both are fun grinds at least :unsmith:.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mesadoram posted:

Both are fun grinds at least :unsmith:.

They are and they're both a ton of fun to use in general

Thunderlord carried me through Atheon back in the day too. I actually didn't get a Gjallarhorn until very late in the game, it just never showed up for me :v:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah it definitely helps when the catalyst grinds are on guns you actually want to use. Thunderlord and the space toaster are great.

Really puts it into perspective when you finish a grind, throw the gun into the vault and go "thank god, never touching that again". Later on your wonder to yourself "why did I do that again?"

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DancingShade posted:

Yeah it definitely helps when the catalyst grinds are on guns you actually want to use. Thunderlord and the space toaster are great.

Really puts it into perspective when you finish a grind, throw the gun into the vault and go "thank god, never touching that again". Later on your wonder to yourself "why did I do that again?"

What if they buff it later????? What if it becomes super relevant for some DPS scenario?????

Then you can just grind out the catalyst after it becomes relevant. :ssh:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I reset my Iron Banner rank and I got all the powerful gear the game forgot to give me

Thank you powerful pvp dads for acknowledging me

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS
Speaking of Iron Banner, man there's too many games where my team and I does alright in the normal 3-point control part, but once Caiatl drops her zone, the enemy team grabs it first and just holds it most or all of the time. I need a better strategy for when that comes around, or just need to play better (I've never met a sliding shotgunner that I don't lose to).

But also, I have 25 IB engrams and am not sure what to spend them on... anyone have any secret weapon+perk combos to chase?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Have you tried Witherhoard

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Witherhoard helps but people love to drop well and/or bubble on the point and the only thing that can really contest that is another super

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
Two Witherhoards.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Withershoard

life_source
May 11, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

Withershoard

Two Withershoards's.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Witherhorde

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester