Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Nobody has brought up Animal Hamaguchi yet. He trained Kojima, Shingo, Naito, Shinjiro Ohtani and Takao Omori, among others. Also has a strong record training amateur wrestlers, his own daughter is an Olympic medalist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
How has nobody mentioned Skayde

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Is there a promotion with English commentary and a simple way to watch shows on demand? I really enjoyed AEW when it was new and I could watch a lot of content (and lived in Florida and got to see multiple live shows but), but once it required cable or dealing with a vpn I completely fell off. TJPW is cool but they have like 5 old shows with English commentary.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

big black turnout posted:

Is there a promotion with English commentary and a simple way to watch shows on demand? I really enjoyed AEW when it was new and I could watch a lot of content (and lived in Florida and got to see multiple live shows but), but once it required cable or dealing with a vpn I completely fell off. TJPW is cool but they have like 5 old shows with English commentary.

https://www.watchroh.com/

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

https://www.njpwworld.com

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

What wrestling trainer do you guys feel is most responsible for churning out the best talent?

Terry funk. He trained a ton of people in America and japan

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

New Japan has English commentary on almost every show now for about $7.20 a month depending on the exchange rate from Yen. There's some AEW on there too but ignore it unless you're in Japan

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Baka Gaijin has English comms on its live streams to youtube and has a generally high quality match rate for a comedy promotion https://www.youtube.com/@bakaoffice

Chocopro/Gatoh Move has the worst quality streaming in the biz but every show has English commentary and is free on youtube (sometimes the matches are very good)

Deadlock Pro is also a great up and coming indie

https://www.dpwondemand.com/

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Jul 13, 2023

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

forkboy84 posted:

New Japan has English commentary on almost every show now for about $7.20 a month depending on the exchange rate from Yen. There's some AEW on there too but ignore it unless you're in Japan

Has this changed in the past few years? I didn't bother checking NJPW because I thought I remembered that back in 2019~2020 they didn't have much English

e: and I'll check some of the others out, too. Thanks, y'all!

e2:

fez_machine posted:

Chocopro/Gatoh Move has the worst quality streaming in the biz but every show has English commentary and is free on youtube (sometimes the matches are very good)

Am I missing something because I clicked around a few of their YouTube videos and couldn't find any English commentary

big black turnout fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Jul 13, 2023

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Am I missing something because I clicked around a few of their YouTube videos and couldn't find any English commentary

It's only if Baliyan Akki is holding the camera so it's only a match or two on some shows

Gatoh Move experience on Fite has English commentary and is free + "better" production quality but is from ~2019

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Edit: it’s early and I mixed poo poo up

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Jul 13, 2023

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Nthing ROH and Deadlock. Modern ROH is underrated, and since it's under the AEW banner you get a lot of great talent and nice production with a strong weekly show, and a TON of backlog since they have almost every classic ROH show since 2006. And Deadlock just has flawless vibes.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Impact is fun if you want more tv wrestling

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Has this changed in the past few years? I didn't bother checking NJPW because I thought I remembered that back in 2019~2020 they didn't have much English

e: and I'll check some of the others out, too. Thanks, y'all!

e2:

It's odd to think that was your impression of NJPW in 2019, as I believe all the tournament tours had English on almost every show, especially the G1 and BoSJ.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Nthing ROH and Deadlock. Modern ROH is underrated, and since it's under the AEW banner you get a lot of great talent and nice production with a strong weekly show, and a TON of backlog since they have almost every classic ROH show since 2006. And Deadlock just has flawless vibes.

ROH also has the best English commentary!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Didn’t know Excalibur and Taz did ROH

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
All major NJPW shows get English commentary - some of the secondary tours might get VOD commentary but the rest is live in Japan. All the tournaments also get it: really the shows that don’t will be the smaller Road To shows and even then I think they’ll get something fairly often. Considering the quantity of tournaments there’s a lot there and with what you are asking that makes sense. Obviously if you go back a few years things are a bit different but certainly the G1 has had English commentary since 2016-7.

They’re the only promotion in Japan that has that amount of English commentary - NOAH has had it on their arena shows (and some Korakuens) since 2020; TJPW started in early 2021 and now it’s everything Korakuen and above but that realistically is 10 shows a year; Stardom basically get nothing, DDT is the Cyberfight promotion they don’t really do the English commentary thing with, and everyone else is too small to justify it. Saw someone say ChocoPro but that is like Baliyan Akki shouting into an iPhone microphone one match a show and that’s incredibly annoying.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Is there literally anyone in wrestling that has an unkind word to say about Rey Mysterio

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Is there literally anyone in wrestling that has an unkind word to say about Rey Mysterio

If there is it's probably like Honky Tonk Man and can be ignored.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

his knees!

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Gaz-L posted:

It's odd to think that was your impression of NJPW in 2019, as I believe all the tournament tours had English on almost every show, especially the G1 and BoSJ.

Yeah, I guess I was just wrong lol. Thanks again everyone

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Eddie Guerrero about Rey's role as a father, and he was right!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Nehru the Damaja posted:

A lot of Star Wars fanboys seem to really hate Rey.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Gavok posted:

A lot of Star Wars fanboys seem to really hate Rey.

Auralnauts edit featuring Rey Mysterio doing a 619 on Kylo Ren when?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Sometimes I get Kylo Ren, Rilo Kiley, and Kyle O'Reilly confused.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Sometimes I get Kylo Ren, Rilo Kiley, and Kyle O'Reilly confused.

It’s the same person

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i always mix up Rey Mysterio with Ren Andstimpio

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Penguin Patrol posted:

you eediot

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Penguin Patrol posted:

Mysterio didn't holler the loud, funny words.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Mysterio was the one always trying to stop Spider-Man

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

What happened to wrestle circus? I remember watching their twitch thing a while back amd was introduced to alot of cool indy wrestlers through them, they seemed like they had a packed house and where getting fair twitch revenue so....?

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Defenestrategy posted:

What happened to wrestle circus? I remember watching their twitch thing a while back amd was introduced to alot of cool indy wrestlers through them, they seemed like they had a packed house and where getting fair twitch revenue so....?

https://flaggedsports.com/2019/07/25/wrestle-circus-just-shut-its-doors-forever-heres-the-reason-why/

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

huh, I wasn't expecting "owning a wrestling company is hard, I'll refund all your stuff" on "list of reasons a popular company shut down".

High Tension Wire
Jan 8, 2020
Has Homicide retired? I last remember him in TNA around 2010 when LAX was still going relatively strong, but kinda fading.

I don't recall him getting any solos action in TNA whereas Hernandes was getting some odd and awkward singles pushes. Did Homicide get any last hurrahs like Daniels in AEW?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

High Tension Wire posted:

Has Homicide retired? I last remember him in TNA around 2010 when LAX was still going relatively strong, but kinda fading.

I don't recall him getting any solos action in TNA whereas Hernandes was getting some odd and awkward singles pushes. Did Homicide get any last hurrahs like Daniels in AEW?

hes just slowed his schedule down, he just had a match in njpw teaming with jon moxley and you can catch him on indies here and there

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

High Tension Wire posted:

No, he's doing New Japan Strong and NWA dates on top of indies.

He did get to do a run in during the Lights Out match at the end of the first Grand Slam Rampage.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

there was a lot of rumors but mostly yeah it just wasnt financially feasible given the cost of running in Austin and al's financial situation and mental health/family poo poo. there was an attempt to buy an old warehouse outside of the city center but the only way to make it make sense financially was to crowdfund it and that went over like poo poo lol. i miss wrestlecircus a lot.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i miss wrestlecircus a lot.

God same :smith: It was big in the circles I was part of at the time and the vibes were impeccable.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

STONE COLD 64 posted:

there was a lot of rumors but mostly yeah it just wasnt financially feasible given the cost of running in Austin and al's financial situation and mental health/family poo poo. there was an attempt to buy an old warehouse outside of the city center but the only way to make it make sense financially was to crowdfund it and that went over like poo poo lol. i miss wrestlecircus a lot.

Big same. It was the first place I saw Shane Strickland and we fell in love instantly with that entrance. So many good matches even if the shows were almost always way too long and always definitely way too hot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009
Not wrestling question per se but someone in this sub shared the term for free yoga videos on Youtube similar to DDPY a few months ago. What's the term again?