Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Hell, I took off for like a year because somebody called me amongst the dumbest people on Earth for making fun of bands that have more money than god, I never talked poo poo about a single forum member. And our wet napkin, ineffectual moist towelette mods did nothing. It is what it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Slush Garbo fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jul 14, 2023

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

and also to be clear, i am not myself a dour ascetic, despite what the thread title says. I drink and gently caress and laugh all the time and get fat and proud too.

i am merely conducting the thought experiment of imagining what my life might be like if i were a sort of gestalt-ascetic, with characteristics taken from ascetics both historical and imagined. the word epithet 'dour' is perhaps redundant as regards ascetics, and indeed the indulgence in unnecessary words is itself un-ascetical, but i hope, my friends, that you will permit this small literary license.

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Slush Garbo posted:

And to add to that this forum has become way more of a hug box than a proper anti-comedy joke Workshop like it should be, to the point where things like that can definitely be taken the wrong way.
yah in my brain i think every thread in byob is a joke and sometimes i forget that it isn't always these days (and that's fine!) and i fr hope i didn't hurt anyone's feelings or scare anyone away or anything. i lurked here for a long time before posting and in hindsight if i had made a thread here and the first post was 'gently caress off' maybe i wouldn't have stuck around so in future i will try not to post 'gently caress off' in a thread right off the bat

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
I believe kaiser means well. Lately I've been viewing jokes as residing at different, not necessarily vertical, levels. Just in different phylum, so to say.

Some species of byobers haven't been exposed to the traits of other byobers' jokes. Some find the harsh words harsh. Others view them as jokes.

It is interesting at a 30,000 foot level to look at negative phrases like "gently caress you" and see that even when applied jokingly it still pulls from the same negative space, and maybe cannot ever rid itself of the impact. "gently caress you" was created to mean anger, and applying a jokey tone to it can pull it closer to happy but it'll never sit by itself in the happy place. It's always got that stain on it. Because we created it for that reason.

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

AdvilSmith

Broken! Busted! Everybody has something to repair. Before buying new, let Mighty Putty fix it for you.
My wife sent me this picture of our dogs on the couch, earlier today.

thank you RavenousScoot 🤘🐹

xcheopis

AdvilSmith posted:

My wife sent me this picture of our dogs on the couch, earlier today.

They really blend in well! I'm not fond of white for furniture but the dogs obviously like it 🙂

xcheopis fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jul 14, 2023

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

Schrodringer dogs

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

Dukes Mayo Clinic
years ago I was at a corner chinese restaurant with some pals, one guy orders mushu pork (he has never had it, neither have any of us) and we convince him that he’s trying to wrap pork and veg in a moist towelette.

Dukes Mayo Clinic
he was doing it right and the pancakes were pancakes, but they looked exactly like a stack of neatly-folded moist towelettes

AdvilSmith

Broken! Busted! Everybody has something to repair. Before buying new, let Mighty Putty fix it for you.

Forgot how to post for moment. Oops.

xcheopis

AdvilSmith posted:

Toeses

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

cruft

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

and also to be clear, i am not myself a dour ascetic,

Dour ascetic spotted

cruft

Whatever that is

cruft

Hey KS, have you made anything out of wood lately?

sb hermit

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

at the risk of getting banned and or probated I would like to promote the IZWF thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4036635

sb hermit

you can now represent a subforum so if someone wants to be our byob champion :kiddo:

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

cruft posted:

Yah every day

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

cruft posted:

Did you make computer beep boop, or stop computer from beep booping the wrong way?

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

(At least I think you are a computer touched of some sort)

sb hermit

anyways, I have not had really anything to post in awhile, anywhere

posting pump has been dry and I think it’s because of all the heat and just things getting in the way but hopefully things have slowed down enough that I can take a breather

Has anyone ever tried making hummus with wild additions or substitutions? I’m going to try a recipe that substitutes tahini with sesame oil. Maybe I might add roasted onions or eggplant or something else unique in the future.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

sb hermit posted:

anyways, I have not had really anything to post in awhile, anywhere

posting pump has been dry and I think it’s because of all the heat and just things getting in the way but hopefully things have slowed down enough that I can take a breather

Has anyone ever tried making hummus with wild additions or substitutions? I’m going to try a recipe that substitutes tahini with sesame oil. Maybe I might add roasted onions or eggplant or something else unique in the future.

Baba ghanoush is basically eggplant hummus so I would think roasted eggplant would go great mixed in.
I find sesame oil really strong and a little goes a long way where tahini is much more mild but ymmv.

I’v never made humus myself tho because there is a place here that makes incredible hummus, but I should probably try sometime.

Stoner Sloth

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Baba ghanoush is basically eggplant hummus so I would think roasted eggplant would go great mixed in.
I find sesame oil really strong and a little goes a long way where tahini is much more mild but ymmv.

I’v never made humus myself tho because there is a place here that makes incredible hummus, but I should probably try sometime.

wait i thought baba ghanoush lived in a hut on chicken legs?

sb hermit

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Yeah, I have a greater appreciation for something made for me if I have tried to make it myself… tastes better either way.

I’ve made baba ghanoush before and I think the recipe is literally to substitute boiled chickpeas for roasted eggplant. Surprisingly, it’s harder to bring to parties because a lot of people don’t like eggplant. Personally, I think it’s wonderful. Also, peeling the skins and removing the seeds from roasted eggplant is not a fun activity.

sb hermit

Stoner Sloth posted:

wait i thought baba ghanoush lived in a hut on chicken legs?

that’s baba yaga, although I’m sure she makes a great baba ghanoush!

sb hermit

one that if you eat, you smell like garlic for three days because she puts extra cloves in every batch

Robot Made of Meat

AdvilSmith posted:

Touching the friend paws.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

sb hermit posted:

Yeah, I have a greater appreciation for something made for me if I have tried to make it myself… tastes better either way.

I’ve made baba ghanoush before and I think the recipe is literally to substitute boiled chickpeas for roasted eggplant. Surprisingly, it’s harder to bring to parties because a lot of people don’t like eggplant. Personally, I think it’s wonderful. Also, peeling the skins and removing the seeds from roasted eggplant is not a fun activity.

Yah I love eggplant but it’s one of those vegetables (beets are another) I rarely eat because you have to cook them somehow before you use them. You can’t just cut up a beet or eggplant and toss it in a stir fry, you’ve got to roast the dang things first and then proceed as normal.

AdvilSmith

Yawlseenat new(2019) Aladdin movie?

Finger Prince

drat yo this sour beer is the best sour beer I think I've ever had

Goons Are Gifts

Hello byob!!
Somewhat wild week, not too chill, got old acquaintances asking to get money back from long ago, which is a problem, but the good thing is, I feel a bit like in a mafia movie and I'm awaiting Robert De Niro in a weirdly shaped suit

Goons Are Gifts

It's Saturday on 8am and I'm already up die an hour and a half, what's going, this is not was God intended

Dumb Sex-Parrot

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
it's friday :confused:

thank you Saoshyantx4, Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss for the excellent signature

sb hermit

I don’t really know what it is anymore.

kuskus

Think about cheese

Escape From Noise

Dr. Honked posted:

yo if you've got some strawberries, try this: sprinkle a bit of black pepper on one and chomp it. you can thank me later

I find that a bit harsh. Pink pepper works though I think

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Escape From Noise

Slush Garbo posted:

Hell, I took off for like a year because somebody called me amongst the dumbest people on Earth for making fun of bands that have more money than god, I never talked poo poo about a single forum member. And our wet napkin, ineffectual moist towelette mods did nothing. It is what it is

Sounds like you need to learn to come originál.

TheWeedNumber

by sebmojo
hi i wanna work on being funnier via text n poo poo. hoping i can chill, make jokes, and not be poo poo on for being different or autistic.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Escape From Noise

TheWeedNumber posted:

hi i wanna work on being funnier via text n poo poo. hoping i can chill, make jokes, and not be poo poo on for being different or autistic.

Welcome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ominous Jazz

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
Take a nap