Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

kd was right about the comedian being trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Cavauro posted:

kd was right about the comedian being trash

peashooter

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
KD's right tho. Who was all defense on the Nuggets?

I ran into Ryan Davis the other day. He's not that famous.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Offense is rarer than defense so it's more valuable, but KCP and AG were both really good defensively. Denver was generally pretty average defensively which is still a pretty big accomplishment.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
you don't need to be any better than average defensively, You just need to be good enough defensively to like make them have to go to their 3rd or so read on their key plays.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Durant is on the ropes but "I ain’t watching a 5 min video from a content creator man" is a nice counter to get back on level footing.

TBH I expected the video to have a lot more jokes and less sport talk radio stuff. stay in your lane.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Durant is cool.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

BWV posted:

Durant is on the ropes but "I ain’t watching a 5 min video from a content creator man" is a nice counter to get back on level footing.

TBH I expected the video to have a lot more jokes and less sport talk radio stuff. stay in your lane.

Yeah he's right about that

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
What if his name was Durian and he stunk!

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
This whole stupid debate started because KD chirped back at someone who stated (the obvious fact) that basketball players tend to overrate Bucket Getters and then it devolved into KD repeatedly going "The point of the game is to score..." in response to a bunch of incredibly dumb Twitter users who thought they would checkmate him by going "Ah but isn't defense a way to stop scoring???". Very bad situation all around to me

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/1679648649905598464

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Bip Roberts posted:

What if his name was Durian and he stunk!

doesn’t make sense… durian smells good

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

If Durant smelled like durian he’d never have to go to Coyote Ugly to scratch his itch again

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

when I was 12 I hid my jersey from my mom so it would stay stinky thinking it might help me in the post. now realizing I was thinking far too small.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/status/1679664973134581761?s=20

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Seven year old Italian boy runs up to him and says "Mr. Magic, would you please sign my printout of your tweet from April 2019 that says 'Giannis Antetokoumpo showed why he's one of the league's premiere young players last night by leading the Milwaukeee Bucks to a first-round sweep against the Detroit Pistons!'"

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

magic walking through italy like don fanucci

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

king

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

xbilkis posted:

Seven year old Italian boy runs up to him and says "Mr. Magic, would you please sign my printout of your tweet from April 2019 that says 'Giannis Antetokoumpo showed why he's one of the league's premiere young players last night by leading the Milwaukeee Bucks to a first-round sweep against the Detroit Pistons!'"

king

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Can we use AI to combine Magic and Durant tweets?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

approaching Trump level stories of “they came up to me with tears in their eyes these euroleague mvps and they said to me nobody had handle like you magic. Thank you sir” but in this case it actually happened lol

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

xbilkis posted:

gently caress….

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

The Harlem Knights joke trumps any of KD's attempts at a clapback

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Bismack Billabongo posted:

approaching Trump level stories of “they came up to me with tears in their eyes these euroleague mvps and they said to me nobody had handle like you magic. Thank you sir” but in this case it actually happened lol

Sir! I remember the time you tweeted, "Thank you Firenze Trattoria for hosting Cookie and I. They prepare some of the best food in the world." It gave me a new lease on life!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Signor Magic, please tell me how many points Damian Lillard had last night as Portland Trail Blazers defeated the Dallas Mavericks 112-103

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

xbilkis posted:

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFooeRmFJpo

Scoot is a nice young man

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Yeah this whole segment was adorable

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

xbilkis posted:

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

xbilkis posted:

lmao

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

xbilkis posted:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Lol at Zach Lowe and Larry Nance Jr talking about how big and magnanimous Kobe was for letting the tweet where Nance called him a rapist slide. Gosh how gracious of the rapist God king.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I'm fully sold. Ausar is the legit wing the pistons have been lacking since Tayshaun Prince exited his prime 10 years ago.

I think Marco Sasser is as advertised. So we can get those 1. Sasser 2. Ivey 3. Ausar 4. Cade 5. Duren lineups

I think the best lineup this year will be
1. Cade 2. Burks 3. Ausar 4. Bojan 5. Beef Stew

Detroit might just win 50% of their home games this year and not remove my will to live by december.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I think Ausar may struggle a little bit more when facing true NBA defense than your average rookie, but he looks a lot further along than I thought.

Amen is who I woulda taken 4th but I thought Ausar soon after would be a mistake. I think I'm already wrong about that.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Both the Thompson twins look incredible. I hope some day they get to play together.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Lockback posted:

I think Ausar may struggle a little bit more when facing true NBA defense than your average rookie, but he looks a lot further along than I thought.

Amen is who I woulda taken 4th but I thought Ausar soon after would be a mistake. I think I'm already wrong about that.

The presumptive 5, until his injury related fall, Cam Whitmore, looks miles behind. Like a great athlete and a scorer, but a glacially slow processor and a complete ball stopper.

Jarace Walker is looking completely as advertised as a defensive menace, but he's still weirdly soft and finessey on offense. So I think Ausar was definitely the right guy. He just has a great head for basketball (aside from the eye test, if a player has a big round head they tend to be smarter. You want that big basketball shaped head to have a high bball iq), you can see him learning as he goes which is just wonderful.

As always with Detroit, shooting will be all important.

Such a bummer that Amen hurt his ankle

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Tatum causing turnovers in the off season

https://twitter.com/CelticsGRD/status/1679665891133255680

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

wide jeff van gundy scheming

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Hahaha, WTF?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Dejan Bimble posted:

The presumptive 5, until his injury related fall, Cam Whitmore, looks miles behind. Like a great athlete and a scorer, but a glacially slow processor and a complete ball stopper.

Jarace Walker is looking completely as advertised as a defensive menace, but he's still weirdly soft and finessey on offense. So I think Ausar was definitely the right guy. He just has a great head for basketball (aside from the eye test, if a player has a big round head they tend to be smarter. You want that big basketball shaped head to have a high bball iq), you can see him learning as he goes which is just wonderful.

As always with Detroit, shooting will be all important.

Such a bummer that Amen hurt his ankle

I wish we had gotten to see more of Amen. Ausar has already improve his game just since the start of summer league, I'm really impressed. I think he might have trouble scoring on his own against NBA defenses but he's gonna be a great finisher on cuts and is really annoying on the defensive end or around the boards.

There are moments with Cam where I'm like "everyone hosed up" but like long stretches where he does nothing. I think the Lakers at least made the right choice of JHS over him, I'm pretty happy with his summer league. His big problem in last night's game was finishing but that isn't a problem he's had typically so I'm just going to chalk it up to a bad night.