Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I am once again begging people to not fantasy book racism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Blasmeister posted:

especially since you don't need to fantasy book it, im pretty sure akira tozawa is still running around dressed like a ninja

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Blasmeister posted:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

fantasy book racism? what are you, joanne rowlings?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

fantasy book racism? what are you. John Tolkeins.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Why is John Tolkiens capitalized and ot joanne rowlings?

Not that I mind, joanne sucks poo poo.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

accident. goodmight

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Good night.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
wasn't Ibushi's cruiserweight appearance where he failed to recognize Vince, high fived him, and bailed without Vince even being able to introduce himself?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

wasn't Ibushi's cruiserweight appearance where he failed to recognize Vince, high fived him, and bailed without Vince even being able to introduce himself?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoGqb3LyST0

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
That wasn’t just fantasy booking racism but straight up dropping slurs because an opportunity presented itself.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Imagine if Vince was booking a Nigerian prince, I think it would go a little something like this:

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Imagine if Vince was booking a Nigerian prince, I think it would go a little something like this:
you don't have to imagine because it already happened lol

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

On top of all that, Joe Gacy hasn't had the gimmick that was referenced in like a year if not more.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
I don’t think any of us want to go there but because Vince has gone there repeatedly in public to say nothing in private, we tend to fantasy book how Vince will screw it up in the the most despicable way possible.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Haha look at how awful this racism is, wouldn't it be hilarious if Vince was really racist tehehe

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Island Nation posted:

I don’t think any of us want to go there but because Vince has gone there repeatedly in public to say nothing in private, we tend to fantasy book how Vince will screw it up in the the most despicable way possible.

Yeah so there’s no need to add in details like “Oh man I bet they make them say some slurs on live tv and then put the slurs on a t-shirt and then rename wrestlemania to slurmania, wow that’d be bigoted huh? I can’t believe how bigoted they are going to be!”

Everybody already knows the kind of poo poo they do, nobody needs your specific fantasy version of how it’s going to play out.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Again, it went beyond the usual fantasy booking (which also sucks) and ended with a list of slurs.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

haha imagine Vince being as racist as this *proceeds to be the most racist person to exist on the planet* that would be so typical of wwe and definitely not me uncovering some deeply rooted prejudice of my own

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Edit; nah too close to proving my own point

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Jul 14, 2023

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkLpEZJe1CA

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

There's a world of difference between saying "I have no faith in Vince McMahon booking an Asian man in a way that isn't racist, based on his track record" and whatever... that was.

Also, I have no faith in Vince McMahon's ability to book an Asian man in a way that isn't horrifically racist, based on his track record.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

History Comes Inside! posted:

Silly fantasy booking: Butch has to win back the rights to every letter in his name like that one Harlem Heat feud

Bad fantasy booking: Butch has to say the n-word on live TV like that one time Vince McMahon happened to come across John Cena backstage at Survivor Series 2005. Also Booker T and Sharmell were there, because of course they were.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Saying literally whatever you want but pretending vince/the chuds/fyad/whatever is saying it instead is a time honored SA tradition.

Should it be? Who knows. But it is.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Blasmeister posted:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

projecthalaxy posted:

Saying literally whatever you want but pretending vince/the chuds/fyad/whatever is saying it instead is a time honored SA tradition.

Should it be? Who knows. But it is.

People in FYAD posting about how projecthalaxy is a terrible poster haha

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Rarity posted:

Haha look at how awful this racism is, wouldn't it be hilarious if Vince was really racist tehehe

Was!?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Remember that time he heeled on a British crowd by telling them their next PM will be Pakistani?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I actually remember that insanely racist pro wrestling moment, try again

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Don't worry this will all be solved a few years ago when Dr. Hung Lo i mean The Crock i mean Hunter takes over.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

the Internet Racism Community was wild for this one

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

I thought Cody solved racism though? :confused:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Sydney Bottocks posted:

You forgot that once you go to the fed nothing you’ve done elsewhere counts, cmon this is WWE 101

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

let's rewind a bit, Joe Gacy changed gimmicks? is he just a "spooky guy" now?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Yes he did, which means now Vince can just do it whenever without having to think about it like if you plugged in some numbers to a triangle area solver.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

DLC Inc posted:

let's rewind a bit, Joe Gacy changed gimmicks? is he just a "spooky guy" now?

He has a cult thing called Schism going on and they all wear happy masks. It's like a really hosed up self-help group. It's kinda cool and his theme is great.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

He has a cult thing called Schism going on and they all wear happy masks. It's like a really hosed up self-help group. It's kinda cool and his theme is great.

I think they also exiled that one tag team to the Forbidden Zone or something. Or maybe they murdered them. It was a "Loser leaves NXT" match so maybe they just had to walk down the road sadly while "The Lonely Man" plays

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

GYV are one of the best tag teams on the planet and they got them doing dinner theater with the PC Principal guy and the Rock's untalented daughter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Alaois posted:

especially since you don't need to fantasy book it, im pretty sure akira tozawa is still running around dressed like a ninja

Tozawa is no longer a ninja.

He is still a jobber though, sadly.