Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Escape From Noise posted:

Yesterday I wrote into the group text saying that the current production schedule process needed an overhaul because there was no way I could work effectively that way. The section head and general manager came in to talk to me. They seemed concerned and basically said I could take control of the schedule, all they wanted was to know how many beers I'd be releasing per month. I guess the restaurant manager either:
A. Misunderstood what upper management was trying to communicate.
B. Misrepresented what upper management was trying to communicate.
C. Was trying to insert himself into a position of authority above me/become my manager
D. Some combination thereof.

I strongly suspect at least a certain amount of C seeing as this isn't the first time he's done this and fallen on his face because he's incompetent as hell. Doesn't stop him from trying though. I also still have authority to make orders on my own.

Glad to hear it, man. Hopefully they had a side talk with him as well....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er

cruft posted:

As previously mentioned, forums.somethingawful.com.

This is one of the few places on the Internet where the name of the server actually reflects what the hell it's serving. Your instinct to suspect it'll be some random thing is spot on: it's just that SA never moved out of the 90s.

(I'm not convinced moving out of the 90s was a good idea for architecture)

ngl I also worry about how visiting here looks at work lmao I go into incognito mode 🤫 turn off sigs, avatars, imgs and smilies

Areola Grande posted:

so it's an idle game. I liked Tiny Tower back in the day but idk about this. I'm rlly into puzzle games tho

I like to play sudokus while I'm at work!

Gaylor Moon fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jul 13, 2023

Ominous Jazz

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
Thursday with Friday vibes

Ominous Jazz

Wasteland style
We had a work event so I got to take pictures of the special cars and gently caress around

Ominous Jazz

Wasteland style
To fill that 16 hour pay gap I'm taking a client on Saturday and shooting dating site shots for $150. He's adamant I not keep the photos but I'll talk him into letting me do it for my portfolio

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i had a work event today. the event was: i couldn't be arsed so i did gently caress all

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

cruft posted:

My home workstation is pretty much finalized at this point, so I plugged in the watt meter.

With everything turned on, including running the few personal things plugged in (a clock and my personal laptop), I'm drawing about 45 watts. When I turn on the ultrasonic humidifier I'm using to cool off, it goes up to about 60 watts.

That's less than half the energy my old office used just to turn on the lights.

my whole state is an ultrasonic humidifier :o:

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i finished all my work this morning then ate too much bbq, and am doing gently caress ALL this afternoon

it's great

Escape From Noise

Bottling was rough but it's done and I've had too many drinks. My lower back!

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
yk what I brought my steamdeck cool toy to work today bcz it’s Friday, half the departments are gone, my supervisor is on vacation and it’s getting harder and harder to give a poo poo~~~!

Areola Grande

a window crew came through today and frosted all the windows near the front desk where i work. no more cloud watching/daydreaming for me

:negative:

apparently the state is forcing all dispos to frost them shits by august 1st or face being shut down. the state does not want looky lous seeing weed from outside. wtf

cruft

THINK OF THE CHILDREN

Escape From Noise

Areola Grande posted:

a window crew came through today and frosted all the windows near the front desk where i work. no more cloud watching/daydreaming for me

:negative:

apparently the state is forcing all dispos to frost them shits by august 1st or face being shut down. the state does not want looky lous seeing weed from outside. wtf

Boooooo!

Ass-penny

I thought you would be a proponent of frosty glasses :cheerdoge:

Areola Grande

rear end-penny posted:

I thought you would be a proponent of frosty glasses :cheerdoge:

touche sir. touche :wotwot:

Areola Grande

I was getting rlly into cloud watching too. I saw a cumulonimbus yesterday u wouldn't believe!

:yayclod:

now that that's no longer an option I'll be posting in byob even more, and on a real computer even!

I gotta say, smiles on the computer are a real pain in the rear end. there's no search function and Ctrl+F is a joke :(

Escape From Noise

Areola Grande posted:

I was getting rlly into cloud watching too. I saw a cumulonimbus yesterday u wouldn't believe!

:yayclod:

now that that's no longer an option I'll be posting in byob even more, and on a real computer even!

I gotta say, smiles on the computer are a real pain in the rear end. there's no search function and Ctrl+F is a joke :(

Welcome to the computer realm, cumulonimbass! ...where's the smiley of the cloud with a butt???

Areola Grande

Welcome to the computer realm, cumulonimbass! ...where's the smiley of the cloud with a butt???

I can show u because I'm phone posting like a real man

:smuggo:

:yaybutt:

Areola Grande

it's called yaybutt btw :tipshat:

Escape From Noise

Areola Grande posted:

I can show u because I'm phone posting like a real man

:smuggo:

:yaybutt:

I am phone posting, dork.

Areola Grande

I am phone posting, dork.

:smugdroid: ?

Escape From Noise

Yeah. I tried searching "butt", but to no avail.

Areola Grande

Yeah. I tried searching "butt", but to no avail.

It's an invisible one at the bottom of the list

Areola Grande

secret menu similes :ssh:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Wait is it really, hang on

Okay it really is invisible

Also folks looking for office jobs remotely or in Seattle area, lmk. There's a shitload of jobs opening at my company. I won't lie, it's a weird stressful time in sales, but the other jobs are chill.

Escape From Noise

Invisibutts

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
man I just got here and I’m kinda like goofy stoned and the silliness of my fellow restaurant workers is great :roflolmao: just all the goofy yelling everyone does at each it always gets me lmao,, I hope all yalls evening shifts are going well!! back to the PIT

Gaylor Moon fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jul 16, 2023

DaChurl

I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing.

Randy Travesty posted:

Also folks looking for office jobs remotely or in Seattle area, lmk. There's a shitload of jobs opening at my company. I won't lie, it's a weird stressful time in sales, but the other jobs are chill.

... pretty sure my dude has plat, I'll tell him to message you. Any kind of remote office work would be good rn and it never hurts to just throw your resume at the wall and see what sticks.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

DaChurl posted:

... pretty sure my dude has plat, I'll tell him to message you. Any kind of remote office work would be good rn and it never hurts to just throw your resume at the wall and see what sticks.

gently caress yes. I can send referral links that will get people in front of HR and the hiring managers. I need an email address BEFORE they start an application so I can send them the internal app, if they like a job.

ETA: obv after I send them the website then they can decide to send me an email address lol. I just woke up (I'm sick) so brain mush.

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
Sunday dishpit crew sound off ~

Areola Grande

Gaylor Moon posted:

Sunday dishpit crew sound off ~

ONE TWO :zpatriot:

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
one of the cooks here is just SCREAMING lyrics to every song lmao oh I missed these type of environments

Gaylor Moon fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jul 16, 2023

Escape From Noise

I'm making a golden strong next month and was trying to figure out which puree to use. For some reason they left it up to the restaurant manager. He said lychee but I put the kibash on that and showed him the list of fruits I thought would work best. He started asking about colors. What is this motherfucker's obsession with colors? I get it can look nice but like...it's the only part he seems to care about.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Jul 17, 2023

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i was just checking the employee handbook to find out how to access a resource that i need, and noticed that there's a "dress code" section, which SPECIFICALLY calls out Crocs as forbidden. considering that we're a remote first company and nobody ever sees anyone's feet, this is rather silly. maybe it's the attitude that wearing Crocs brings. "oh you want me to behave professionally? gently caress you, i'm wearing Crocs"

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Dr. Honked posted:

i was just checking the employee handbook to find out how to access a resource that i need, and noticed that there's a "dress code" section, which SPECIFICALLY calls out Crocs as forbidden. considering that we're a remote first company and nobody ever sees anyone's feet, this is rather silly. maybe it's the attitude that wearing Crocs brings. "oh you want me to behave professionally? gently caress you, i'm wearing Crocs"

They can pry my pink Adidas slides from my weird, cold feet. Actually they cannot, because I work from home.

Escape From Noise

Jesus Christ this place cannot figure out how to use PR. They seem to view the press itself as the goal and not as a means with which to make sales.

Escape From Noise

Hey! We are going to blow your phone up on your day off because we "need" you to make a beer for this TV program! Also we need a ton of bottles for online sales. No, we're not going to put the kegs we have of said beer on that will be featured on said program in preparation of possible customers coming in to try the said beer after the segment airs. No, we are not going to make any mention of the beer being featured, nor post any pictures of it along with the post we put on our Instagram saying we'll be on that program. Why would we do that? Lol.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jul 17, 2023

cruft

Randy Travesty posted:

They can pry my pink Adidas slides from my weird, cold feet. Actually they cannot, because I work from home.

Cruft Jr has been increasingly concerned with all the blood that pools up in my feet at the end of the day. I stand up all day long, on a hardwood floor, with no shoes on.

Maybe I should get one of them pads to stand on.

Ominous Jazz

Wasteland style

Dr. Honked posted:

I'm not putting shoes on in my house and you cant tell me how to dress in my own home be lucky i have pants on :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i'm going to set up a second camera pointing at my feet so they can get a nice picture in picture view of my lil piggies