Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

an additional person's telling me to try infra so i'll try that soon.

P-Mack posted:

Been doing a bunch of writing lately and not gaming much but I'll be checking out Omega Boost

why don't you write yourself a clue. edit copyright arf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

b_d posted:

an additional person's telling me to try infra so i'll try that soon.

why don't you write yourself a clue. edit copyright arf

Why don't you stick it infra your rear end

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

dragon quest builders 2. it's a lot of fun and a nice break from ff16

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

dragon quest builders 2. it's a lot of fun and a nice break from ff16

dq builders 2 ftw. i didnt care for any kind of farm game but i was in a trance playing that.

i hope theres a part 3 with fishing that lets you play w friends right away, instead of after an 8 hour tutorial

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Powerwash Simulator causing me to make insane pervert faces.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The mushrooms in the poison forest in BD are annoying af.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The mushrooms in the poison forest in BD are annoying af.

fuckin hare that dungeon

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Some last minute Risk of Rain 2 to get myself hyped up for Hockey.

Us and the other team are tied for last so this is going to be a shitshow

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

indirect finaly fantasy hype forced me to buy 7r intergrade on steam.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Ended up playing a fair few games this weekend, which was good! Started Project Wingman which is giving me my Ace Combat fix. (No checkpoints in PW though, which hopefully won't be an issue when I inevitably crash by pushing the limits flying too close to things, for fun)
I also started digging into Darktide with friends, which has been surprisingly fun! I'm playing as the mighty (stupid) ogryn, which is very fun. I've got a power club, so I'm crushing skulls like no tomorrow.

Also, I played some more of my coop Arma 3 antistasi campaign - although not as much as I'd like. We ended up fighting over an outpost though, which was very fun. It had three defensive emplacements, so I brought in a mortar and shelled them all, turning the outpost into a burnt-out husk. After that we pushed into the encampment, gunning down the remnants of the platoon guarding it. (My mortar was actually incredibly accurate and effective - I must've wiped out 30 guys)

After this, we loaded up their supply truck with the fallen soldiers' gear and everything from the outpost, then my friend returned to HQ with the loot while I watched over the outpost. A transport helicopter loaded with local army schmucks cruised over and attempted to land on the hill overlooking my position, but I managed to hit the canopy with my RPG-7, killing the pilot and causing it to crash! It was fairly low at the time though, so not everyone died. I uh, found that detail out as I walked over to investigate. Had a fierce fight with around eight survivors, but I managed to come out of it as the victor, with only a minor wound. My friend then returned with some NPCs to watch the camp for us, while we both pulled back to reequip ourselves - since I didn't think the battle would be over so soon.

SO! This is where the fun began - I got us a hilux with a ZSU anti-aircraft autocannon bolted onto the tray. Absolutely massive! :D I drove it to the outpost, but flipped it on the first corner, as it's incredibly top-heavy. We rescued it though and then made it to the outpost without issues. On the way though, it had been overrun again. So when we arrived it was packed with enemy soldiers standing over our dead men - my friend was on the autocannon though and made short work of the guys. So I then quickly parked up the hilux in a defensive position, just as an air force jet flew low overhead, getting eyes on us as we were preparing. Just as I hopped onto the autocannon, it swooped around and dropped a bomb - but luckily for us, it hit the neighbouring village rather than the outpost, so we were OK. (It blew up an armoured technical we parked in the village as a getaway vehicle, though) After this, an old Huey gunship (it was absolutely loaded with rocket pods!) attacked us from the north, while an M113 APC approached from the south. The autocannon saved the day here, as I put a burst into the gunship -causing it to explode- and then swung around to immobilize the APC. I then jumped off and helped clean up the remaining soldiers. (Meanwhile my friend was on top of the outpost's radio tower, sniping the troops the enemy APC dropped off) Then I fixed up the M113 with a toolkit I brought along, and we made our way back to base, leaving a strengthened garrison of NPC militants at the outpost, now that the coast is clear.

So yeah, not bad! I think we killed around 40 guys in the initial attack, then around 30 more in the subsequent QRFs, so the Takistani army is definitely feeling it. Their overall manpower reserves have dropped a tier from this battle and the one we made last time (plus the Russian attacks in the background) so their level of combat readiness isn't looking so good.
We're up in the north west (and have expanded a fair bit. Won't be long before we can make an assault on the main Takistani airbase) and the Russians have been slowly creeping up across the region from the south, so I think we're gonna be in for some fierce fighting once we start going head-to-head with those guys.

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jul 10, 2023

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

done with KH trophy hunting for the weekend. Gonna wind down with some Mario Party 2 on Swinch.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

We got loving smoked

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

went to my sister's house and saw family and swam and had bbq burgers and sausage and peppers. good day and good precursor to vacation.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

soypointing at GAA1, poo poo's really coming together now to be great. hope to finish case 5 by tuesday if i go full throttle, and GAA2 by the time i go on vacation late next week

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Vadun posted:

We got loving smoked

fly me in i'll be a goon

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Vadun posted:

We got loving smoked

were you at the barbecue too?

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Neo twewy postgame. game owned, don't think it quite hit the heights of the first one but still very good

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Gonna try death stranding or dragon quest xi on ps plus and then probably uninstall.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

They shouldn’t put good games on game pass and ps plus. I feel like I “must” play them which makes me not wanna play them. It should be Ubisoft rear end and crappy indie games only so I can do “oh well, it was basically FREE” whilst platting it.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

FF16 and Octopath 2

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate HD.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
wrapping up my second tokimemo 2 playthru, might play some random roms after that

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zelda. Doing the Zora story.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Might buy Zelda and if not then SF6 or Botw.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

sf6

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bravely Default, poo poo I bought on Steam sale and gonna try to blast through Omega Boost

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

returning to baba is you years later to finally do the New Adventures levels. Dunno why I didn't get around to them, but also the 3D rule is garbage and I hope not many levels use it

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Rider Worlds

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

XB3, SMT4

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Still addicted to A Wonderful Life remake and Persona 4 Golden and can’t play anything else. Sorry SF6. Sorry Game Club.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Tinto de verano y Suikoden 2

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Great Ace Attorney 1 and HROT

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

probably ffxiv and ff7r and guitly gear and some of the dozens of indie roguelite treasures i've acquired during the summer sale. sf6 is cool but i've been taking advantage of the fighting game hype to play more guilty gear.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

got family in town but i’m planning to play half an hour of suikoden before going to bed

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
hopefully finishing FFXVI and then moving on to either ghost trick or the lost judgement dlc i picked up on sale. also the Grand Sumo tournament is happening now so im throwing a sumo and sushi party to watch the big boys go at it

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

FFXVI and Exoprimal courtesy of Gamepass

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Gonna play some more of this Sonic Triple Trouble 16 bit remake, it's pretty good

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

Persona 3

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

SF6 and DQ3 probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

my mom fell and broke her knee and she also might have cancer, so we've had a hell of a week here. gonna try to focus on zelda so my anxiety doesn't make my heart explode