Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

yesterday the ice cream truck drove up my street playing a jangly tune and neither of my kids knew what it was

The last week of school, an ice cream truck pulled up and loudly played the tune while kids (including mine) cried to their parents since we weren't carrying cash. I'm still mad about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
ya gotta imagine they take cards now but there's no way I'm giving my credit card info to a guy in a van. maybe if he takes Venmo.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
I’ll tap to pay if ice cream man comes by .

I live in a walkable neighborhood with kids and 0 ice cream truck so far this year .

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I haven't told my son what an ice cream truck is yet

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I had ice cream trucks on every block back in Los Angeles residential neighborhoods. Here in east coast provincial town there are none. I will have to do it myself.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
We called early intervention like six weeks ago because our girl was only really rolling over. No crawling or sitting. I think I posted about it.

Well they show up today to do an assessment and the little one is army crawling all over, posing on side, pulling up on me, starting to cruise on furniture, etc. Some stuff she only started doing a couple days ago got her marked as advanced for her adjusted age.

I haven't settled on "determined to make parents look foolish" or "waits to do her work until the last possible second like her father" as the canonical explanation.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

It's both.

We did early intervention for both kids, but mostly just for speech. Excellent program, at least in our state.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Is she your first? Because they don't tell you that milestones are like 50th percentile on a lot of skills, and the standard deviation is barely mentioned and is often months.

Or as everyone else seems to put it "all kids are different". They don't tell you when to start to worry.

Struensee
Nov 9, 2011
my boys were "late" on a lot of their milestones. The standard deviations are wild.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Demon twins got their 6mo checkup today

Felt good the loud one immediately turned off the shot scream as soon as I picked her up

All seems well, ones about two pounds and an inch larger

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I remember as a kid sometimes I would rent a videogame not realizing it was super difficult and required the manual that the rental store definitely lost.

that's kind of what it's like lately with my younger kid. just impossible to figure out and then when I find something that works, it still doesn't make any sense.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

I remember as a kid sometimes I would rent a videogame not realizing it was super difficult and required the manual that the rental store definitely lost.

that's kind of what it's like lately with my younger kid. just impossible to figure out and then when I find something that works, it still doesn't make any sense.

And everyone on the internet is playing a slightly different version

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Modding my child with a Game Genie and telling all my friends at the playground that I'm just good at the game.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

if you're curious if your kids truly play well together, set them up with a local multiplayer game with team damage turned on.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

KirbyKhan posted:

Modding my child with a Game Genie and telling all my friends at the playground that I'm just good at the game.

I think this means you're giving them drugs? I dunno, that seems maybe like not the best future proof plan.

My baby meanwhile had started trying to stand up and fall damage is very real and unbalanced and should be turned off.

Struensee
Nov 9, 2011

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

if you're curious if your kids truly play well together, set them up with a local multiplayer game with team damage turned on.

Magicka 2 is great for this. Oops sorry I lasered you with my death ray

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

multiplayer New Super Mario Bros should inspire some great sibling deathmatches

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Armacham posted:

And everyone on the internet is playing a slightly different version

And if you buy a second copy you get a completely different game that's somehow way harder

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
can someone tell me about that fancy watch they have for their kid? I looked it up and it was cool and I forgot about it and now it might actually be useful

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

we have a Gabb for our nine year old and it lets us call and text him. recommended half-step to a phone.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
yeah! that's the one, thanks

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Kid number one reacted to her two-month vaccines by passing out for a full day. Kid number two is reacting to them by being loving miserable. He's never been this unhappy in his whole life, and I can say that with authority because it's only lasted two months so far

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

ah hell I bought a graphic novel for my kid but it's a traditional manga and he's like "how do I read this??" and I'm like "beats me, pal. let's find an explainer."

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Good thread title

Anyways, fellow parents, the youth has discovered Garrys mod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UFSJ5t1jO4

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

KirbyKhan posted:

Good thread title

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
Learned my three year old can open child proof caps this morning. Luckily he just got a single children's multivitamin.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

KirbyKhan posted:

Good thread title

had a good lol at it

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

KirbyKhan posted:

Good thread title

lol

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Who's the slave though, us or the kids? It's both

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The Frog And Toad cartoon on Apple Plus is extremely cottagecore

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Recently my older kid has started to secretly make Scratch projects late into the night after their bedtime. They'll wait until the lights are out then sneak a laptop into their room and code up a rocket game or whatever. We've told them that the deceit is not acceptable and obviously this could be setting up some bad habits. However I can't deny being delighted at the ingenuity they've shown trying to get around the restrictions we've put in place and their plainly stated intent to thwart them.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

kid 2 reliably sleeping through the night. my work here is done (quits job, fires up world of warcraft again)

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
My 21 month old said "no" for the first time :3:

to what, you ask?

"can daddy have a hug" :qq:

Struensee
Nov 9, 2011
Savage

Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

Microplastics posted:

to what, you ask?

lmao

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

Microplastics posted:

to what, you ask?

haha