Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: hot cocoa on the couch)

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Bad Purchase posted:

how did it taste?

the flavour was fine but the texture was clearly like a cereal dough paste or w/e. like they went overboard on the spices and arificial flavouring to try to convince me it's meat. honestly i don't get poo poo like vegan sausage. it's such a meaty experience, why even bother trying to fake it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

I never liked fake meat when I was ovo-pesco for a couple years, I'd rather eat a black bean burger or something rather than a homogenous blend of poo poo trying to pretend it's beef or pork

seitan is good tho

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

journey into Kirk's unknown

When I first went vegan I relied a lot on that kind of stuff, but eventually learned how to cook and left most of it behind, it has its place I guess

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i like these alright
https://fieldroast.com/product/italian-sausage/

they don't really taste exactly like sausage to me, but they're good in a skillet. they doubled in price the past couple years though. used to be frequent BOGOs where you could get 2 packs of 4 for $4 or $5. now they want $7 just for a single pack and sales are less frequent. shan't speculate as to why.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i like morningstar farms corn dogs :kiddo:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I've been a vegetarian for over 25 years now, here's my hot takes:

Morningstar sucks

Impossible Meat is the superior fake meat

If you are ordering pizzas and want to think of the vegetarians, just order cheese. Or onion. No need to do the "Veggie Supreme".

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

My girlfriend is one of those peskytarians.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i love loaded up veggie pizzas

can’t really make them at home with a regular oven though, not enough heat to dry out and roast the veggies before the crust or cheese burns, so it just comes out kinda soggy

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Bad Purchase posted:

can’t really make them at home with a regular oven though, not enough heat to dry out and roast the veggies before the crust or cheese burns, so it just comes out kinda soggy

It's always soggy. I've never not seen it soggy.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Tonight is Bourbon, Tequila, Diablo IV with the finest selection from Taco Bell for late night munchies...Cheesy Gordita Crunch, Crunchwrap Supreme, and Volcano Taco

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

journey into Kirk's unknown

Bad Purchase posted:

If I'm not feeling lazy, I've taken to pre-cooking my toppings before putting everything in the oven which has yielded nice results

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

digitalist posted:

If I'm not feeling lazy, I've taken to pre-cooking my toppings before putting everything in the oven which has yielded nice results

This is the key to pineapple on pizza: grill the pineapple first

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

grilled pineapple is delicious regardless of use circumstances :colbert:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

digitalist posted:

Did I miss this? I meant to rewatch season 1 but never got around to it. I will also say that I am pretty forgiving of TV stuff, and it's been decades since I've read the books, so I might not be the best judge.

Anyway, wasn't able to find Lee Pace making out with himself on youtube so here's the closest thing to it I could find,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ_v-P3exwk

Just wishful thinking, but he and his fellow cleons or whatever were def the only thing worth watching.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Woke up this morning,
and got myself a beer.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Got a slice of pepperoni and hit up the local patisserie for a slice of s'mores cheesecake, which I can only eat one bite of at a time.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Toxic Mental posted:

Got a slice of pepperoni and hit up the local patisserie for a slice of s'mores cheesecake, which I can only eat one bite of at a time.

I think most foods you're supposed to eat one bite at a time

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

no I eat like a snake, I just unhinge my jaw and push the food down my esophagus. tasting food is a moral failing and capitalist opulence. #standwiththemasses

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Got the Don Julio Cristalino and Four Roses Small Batch going

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

redshirt posted:

This is the key to pineapple on pizza: grill the pineapple first

i use crushed pineapple

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

after working with birds of prey for a few years i always thought the way owls eat was pretty interesting, because it combines eating small animals whole like a snake with the added step of making GBS threads their indigestible remains out of your mouth

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Luvcow posted:

i use crushed pineapple

Have you drained it?

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

redshirt posted:

Have you drained it?

just pick it up with a fork from the can. i like some the juice to mix with the other toppings like pepperoni and buffalo sauce or ham and bacon.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Just lol if you don't own a pineapple corer.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
i should clarify that i love pineapple and think it enhances most things to godly like levels

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

numberoneposter posted:

Just lol if you don't own a pineapple corer.

ya went through a phase where i was using fresh pineapple juice for marinating meats and would core and then squeeze all the juices i could from the fruit. fyi fresh pineapple juice can turn steak into mush if left more than 30 minutes. found it worked great for defrosted meats.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

I literally have a tattoo of a pineapple wearing sunglasses.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I'll snipe wherever the hell I want bivtch!!!

:blastu:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Chinatown posted:

wb

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Chinatown posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m-MUz2Rihs

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

just picturing a corpse thats been lying still for 6 hours sitting straight up and starting to yell

Chinatown posted:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lol

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Luvcow posted:

just picturing a corpse thats been lying still for 6 hours sitting straight up and starting to yell

i just counted down from 21,600 and then posted again yeah

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Chinatown posted:

i just counted down from 21,600 and then posted again yeah

"honey...? are you ok...? its been hours and you haven't moved..."

*me lying completely still on the floor by my computer, counting down in my head and refusing to acknowledge my wife until i reach 0*

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Luvcow posted:

"honey...? are you ok...? its been hours and you haven't moved..."

*me lying completely still on the floor by my computer, counting down in my head and refusing to acknowledge my wife until i reach 0*

imagine the mental fortitude while he was permabanned......

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

imagine the mental fortitude while he was permabanned......

lol

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

probing someone on a friday is bad form, should've waited till midnight to hit him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaylor Moon
Apr 6, 2005

Gender? I hardly know'er
Anyone wanna split some chinese food