Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i hope tony khan never provides a bracket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh a solo Semp WOL, well it can't be too ba-
5 minutes talking about.... baseball?

:cripes:

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i hope tony khan never provides a bracket

There is a non zero chance tony is just loving with bryan at this point

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

sleep with the vicious posted:

There is a non zero chance tony is just loving with bryan at this point

Dynamite opens with the commentators congratulating the winner of the tournament, crowned in a show in Puerto Rico the night before. They never mention who the winner was.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Dynamite opens with the commentators congratulating the winner of the tournament, crowned in a show in Puerto Rico the night before. They never mention who the winner was.

i know its not sound for business but deliberately putting awful booking on your show to gently caress with one specific person is exactly the kind of joke i can get behind

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Does Bryan not know what "blind" means? Did he think it was referring to the teams? Lol. Lmao.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Endless Mike posted:

Does Bryan not know what "blind" means? Did he think it was referring to the teams? Lol. Lmao.

Velveeta Dream, Maxwell House video tapes, etc.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
bryan's initial reaction of "huh thats weird" to being informed the vhs tapes were 'medium roast more caffeine' will live in my head forever

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

bryan's initial reaction of "huh thats weird" to being informed the vhs tapes were 'medium roast more caffeine' will live in my head forever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lki0i8LQag

To be fair, from a distance, they DO look like those blank tape boxes you'd find back in the day
To be unfair, Bryan is an idiot.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

lmfao

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

dsriggs posted:

To be fair, from a distance, they DO look like those blank tape boxes you'd find back in the day

"that's weird"
*half a beat*
"oh no"

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
why did he think they were selling vhs tapes in the grocery store

e; in 2018????

Sisal Two-Step fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jul 12, 2023

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

This week's Deadlock I laughed really hard at "The 'Guess Who' of backstage ball lickers"

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Sisal Two-Step posted:

He’s old and dumb

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Sisal Two-Step posted:

e; in 2018????

The Rite Aid I got my COVID shot in had a small section of VHS tapes. Most were very weird knock offs, but they had a few real movies too

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Another note from this week's Deadlock, I like how John refers to a wrestler being high as being "Brothered out"

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

tfw you open a WOR and it’s Andrew zarian :greenangel:

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

dsriggs posted:

hahahaha

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Hard disagree with Dave & Bryan about the number of PPVs AEW runs. The current setup is pretty nice cause it feels like important stuff happens on TV and storylines get time to build up to make the PPVs feel really important. Monthly PPVs would water down both, I'd think and might burn out our beautiful boy Tony Khan.

I imagine though if WBD backed up a few dump trucks full of money to Dailey's Place it'd be hard to say no. Guess we'll see where it goes.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah I am very happy with the current number of PPVs that AEW does.

Also greatly enjoyed Dave being a little bewildered at cohosting with a wide awake and energetic Bryan on WOR today :allears:

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

apophenium posted:

Hard disagree with Dave & Bryan about the number of PPVs AEW runs. The current setup is pretty nice cause it feels like important stuff happens on TV and storylines get time to build up to make the PPVs feel really important. Monthly PPVs would water down both, I'd think and might burn out our beautiful boy Tony Khan.

I imagine though if WBD backed up a few dump trucks full of money to Dailey's Place it'd be hard to say no. Guess we'll see where it goes.

Well, you've got to remember that Dave and Byran can just write off the cost of PPVs on their taxes.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Malcolm Excellent posted:

The Rite Aid I got my COVID shot in had a small section of VHS tapes. Most were very weird knock offs, but they had a few real movies too
Presumably a different Rite Aid, but I was about to post "I have seen blank VHS cassettes for sale at my local Rite Aid within the past two years" as well. Audio cassettes as well.

Also last summer the Target nearest me (Atlantic Terminal, first opened in 2004) was remodeling during the pandemic and at some point in 2020-2021 had a weathered first edition hardcover of Bill Cosby's 1986 book Fatherhood on their clearance rack. Stores have weird poo poo sometimes.

Edge & Christian fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jul 13, 2023

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Audio cassettes are back because hipsters still exist

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Dave reviewing the mjf and adam cole segment has me howling. He isn't even making any jokes, it's just hilarious

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Listening to the new Deadlock, I have to seriously question Pulse's vision in wrestling if he thinks Booker T is a great commentator.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

CVagts posted:

Listening to the new Deadlock, I have to seriously question Pulse's vision in wrestling if he thinks Booker T is a great commentator.

they have bad taste in wrestling, its amazing dpw is booked so well

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
BLACK SNOW.... IM BLACK SNOW

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Spivey is the ultimate anti taking liberties guy. It’s like poking rumble Johnson in the eyes. You try and take liberties with Spivey and your gonna have a real bad time

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Spivey is the ultimate anti taking liberties guy. It’s like poking rumble Johnson in the eyes. You try and take liberties with Spivey and your gonna have a real bad time

Gary Spivey? Paul Orndorffs friend??

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Suplex Liberace posted:

they have bad taste in wrestling, its amazing dpw is booked so well

Counterpoint:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyaR4IWbTLU

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Gary Spivey? Paul Orndorffs friend??

This is actually very relevant since Dave was talking about hypnosis angles and how they were always poo poo on todays show, and this doesn’t seems far off from hypnosis

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Semp is always more tolerable on the Big Audio Nightmare but just wanted to stress again that the annual G1 Predictions show they do is always a genuinely fun time as they get near the end of their predictions and start realizing how badly they hosed up their MATHTM and this one is no exception :allears:

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Finally caught up on Deadlock and all I gotta say is: Paul Mercannon

neoaxd fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jul 14, 2023

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

neoaxd posted:

Finally caught up on Deadloack and all I gotta say is: Paul Mercannon

He's noted wrestling journalist Steven Larsen's favorite wrestler!

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
currently listening to a Napoleon history podcast and every time the host talks about Corisca I think of TNA Legend Corisca "Billy Verginer" Joe

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Bryan and Vinny summary "Skye Blue's buttocks"

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

A Scottish wrestling podcast called Deadloch.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

RandolphCarter posted:

Then Loch Ness monster is real, or maybe it's not brother

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

RandolphCarter posted:

Deck "The Coch" Johnson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Pssh, and I wonder how much exposure they're offering...

quote:

This is a paid position, but is not full-time. PPV/NJPW World costs are covered.

Well I'll be damned. Good change!