Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1679874958942519297

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Is this movie about the superhero or the speed at which incels lost their life savings buying ape jpegs?

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Mercury_Storm posted:

holy poo poo LOL

we could practically have these kinds graphs in medical books on when to start prescribing anti-psychotics

They made a huge, huge, huge effortpost. It's disturbing. I mean, there's even forecasts for future price in like 6 ways there. There's drunk and there's "my life savings is in here, let me extrapolate the ways this must happen in my favor" ways of writing.

Serious_Cyclone posted:

Is this movie about the superhero or the speed at which incels lost their life savings buying ape jpegs?

god damnit this was exactly my first thought. "Flash, it's gone".

I can't wait to see people try to apply all sorts of logics to putting movies on the blockchain, just showing how incompatible blockchain is with common sense and normal life.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1306312-the-flash-web3-movie-experience-gives-dc-fans-multimedia-nft posted:

It will be offered in Mystery and Premium editions. The Mystery edition is $35, offering a Mystery bag with 16 possible combinations, and a quantity of 10,000. It includes one of four key arts (Prime Barry, Young Barry, Batman, or Supergirl) with various levels of rarity revealed after purchase, one of four explorable dynamic menu interfaces (Prime Barry’s apartment, Barry’s Childhood room, the Batcave, or the Batwing cockpit) revealed after purchase, The Flash theatrical film, and special features and digital collectibles based on the dynamic menu location.

So awesome that the blockchain can bring the amazing technology of loot boxes to cinema.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

"Scan this QR code to watch The Flash"
(scans QR code, wallet depleted)
"There, that was fast, wasn't it"

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

mega dy posted:

So awesome that the blockchain can bring the amazing technology of loot boxes to cinema.

oh so when it says it features 5 locations with hidden collectables, you only get one location at random per purchase. Wow what a deal.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

mega dy posted:

hot drat, that article is showing that this is even more lovely than I guessed.

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1306312-the-flash-web3-movie-experience-gives-dc-fans-multimedia-nft posted:

“In this immersive Web3 experience, fans will find themselves on an exhilarating adventure with The Flash as he tries to save the future. In this interactive journey, participants will be helping The Flash navigate through the mysterious “Chronobowl,” a gateway into four dynamic menu interfaces (Prime Barry’s apartment, Barry’s childhood room, the Batcave, and the Batwing cockpit.) Fans can uncover hidden clues and along the way they’ll unlock exclusive content and behind-the-scenes footage.

“This is a chance for DC fans to own a piece of motion picture history,” said Michelle Munson, CEO and co-founder of Eluvio. This is the first time WB has released a multimedia NFT at the same time the film is in theaters. They have released two more similar experiences for Superman: The Movie and The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (Extended Edition).

ahaha, they reinvented the laserdisc menus! Or was it the sega CD games that had this?

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Mercury_Storm posted:

holy poo poo LOL

we could practically have these kinds graphs in medical books on when to start prescribing anti-psychotics

No gaps though! It’s airtight time to remortgage my house

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I actually liked this movie so this kind of pisses me off.

JammyB
May 23, 2001

I slept with Mary and Joseph never found out
It's easy to mock but those of us who watched the transition from VHS to DVD remember how mind-blowing those first interactive menus were. When The Matrix came out on DVD, we had a movie night with the guys from work and just spent hours going through the menu selecting different language options, turning the subtitles on and off etc - we were so blown away by this dynamic experience that we never even watched the film. What's so sad about kids these days with their piracy is that often these mp4s lack that essential experience; enjoying the build up of the anti-piracy ad, then into the interactive menu, and graceful slow transitions between button presses feeding into the hype for finally being allowed to watch the film. I know everyone in this thread is skeptical but finally it looks like we found a real killer app use case for NFTs!

Pff
Aug 17, 2012
Do I have to do KYC and be 18 for the kid's movie tie-in thing

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I can pull any dvd produced between 1999 and 2010 off my shelf and get the same experience, minus the trading cards NFTs I guess.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
Look! Sir Jon Notaponzi has brought us new apes!

https://pulsespaceapes.com/

space apes! and what a surprise they're all sold out.

pulse apes posted:

Engines ablaze, targeted PulseChan.

Prepare for all out war.

This is only the first battle

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Mercury_Storm posted:

holy poo poo LOL

It's sad that all this time and effort could go into something interesting or helpful or meaningful, but instead it goes into mathematical fanfiction to prop up his dreams of being rich.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Maybe off topic, but what happens to the debt is no one buys it?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

BigRed0427 posted:

Ianal but bankruptcy can end in liquidation and if the proceeds don't cover the debts, investors get zilch and the lowest priority creditors get stiffed. The debt is freed from any earthly connection and can neither go to heaven nor hell.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

The stonk of Longinus.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

The stonk of Longinus.

What's gonna be playing for these guys when all is said and done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kguaGI7aZg

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

BigRed0427 posted:

What's gonna be playing for these guys when all is said and done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kguaGI7aZg

The line comes tumbling down, tumbling down, tumbling down...

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

RocketMermaid posted:

It's sad that all this time and effort could go into something interesting or helpful or meaningful, but instead it goes into mathematical fanfiction to prop up his dreams of being rich.

Presumably the inability to critically examine their own bullshit is correlated with them not being particularly productive.

CrypticFox
Dec 19, 2019

"You are one of the most incompetent of tablet writers"

BigRed0427 posted:

If the funds raised from liquidation cannot pay off all debts (which they won't in the case of BBBY), then the company's creditors are paid in the order of absolute priority: https://www.investopedia.com/terms/a/absolutepriority.asp. The tldr is that secured debt is paid off first, then unsecured debt, and then investors. If the liquidated company runs out of money before going all the way down the list, then the remaining debts get written off. BBBY will only be able cover a small fraction of their debts, meaning that current shareholders (who have the lowest priority here) will lose 100% of their investment.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
so if redditers can figure out this nancy drew secret code poo poo, why cant ((((((((((THEY)))))))))))) also decode it out and counterplay?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

PhazonLink posted:

so if redditers can figure out this nancy drew secret code poo poo, why cant ((((((((((THEY)))))))))))) also decode it out and counterplay?

especially since they post all their decoding on twitter and reddit

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

PhazonLink posted:

as luck have it they are simultaneously weak and strong so they'll never see it coming in their hubris

The Bible
May 8, 2010

There have been like 100000 posts since I last read this thread and I heard bitcoin was up.

So what's up with that? Also did that guy who keeps getting permaed ever drop his "i don't do crypto now" act?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2023/jul/16/lbry-closes-odysee-cryptocurrency-tech-sec-fraud-extremist

quote:

LBRY, the company whose video-sharing technology and bespoke cryptocurrency once powered the extremist-friendly video platform Odysee, announced on Twitter this week that it would close its doors after a federal judge in New Hampshire fined the firm more than $111,000 for securities fraud.

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer
this poo poo is so deranged, I love it. Can't decide whether to have him pulled apart by horses or run over by a speeding train, why not both?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Who could downvote that?

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Koburn posted:

this poo poo is so deranged, I love it. Can't decide whether to have him pulled apart by horses or run over by a speeding train, why not both?

Won't the horrible mutant monkey on the nipple torture quad-copter crash when the train gets there and hits the nipple ropes? Also, lol that they had to make "Redacted" for one of the horses because they'd already assigned Gamestop to the cock rope.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

how does the giraffe fit into the lore

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

repiv posted:

how does the giraffe fit into the lore

Toys R Us I believe

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
also whose the person on the tracks

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

I have to assume jeff bezos, since they think all these dead companies are going to topple amazon somehow.

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009
Ken Griffin, CEO of hedge fund Citadel Securities.

In ape-world he is corruptly shorting stocks like GameStop, which will lead to his arrest and financial ruin. Apparently as a result of mighty thoroughbreds like Blockbuster and Bed Bath and Beyond.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Viscous Soda posted:

Also, lol that they had to make "Redacted" for one of the horses because they'd already assigned Gamestop to the cock rope.

Is that a “Teddy” on that horse, like a wink and a nod “stay tuned for more stock based failures from this community” thing?

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009
I assumed the dark horse was Teddy too.

I don’t know why everyone has three eyes though.

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

A Túrin Turambar turun ambartanen
Grimey Drawer
^^^ edit: drat

I know this is really down the line of "strange things in this comic", but why does everyone have 3 eyes?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Never heard of Ken Griffen until you just mentioned him.

So I wondered if they are asking Elon to deal with him, as they usually ask Elon to do everything to make them billionaires.
But surprisingly they have turned on Musk!
No longer licking his balls, they are butthurt Ken and Elon are buddies.

https://twitter.com/bloodshotblnkrs/status/1679978307608285186

https://twitter.com/ShakaAmc/status/1675931622078836736

https://twitter.com/AMC_Apee/status/1675622707453362181

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Turambar posted:

^^^ edit: drat

I know this is really down the line of "strange things in this comic", but why does everyone have 3 eyes?

third eye opened enlightenment buddha nature

but more likely it's a redpill thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

MD2020 posted:

Well, everyone knows that Amazon is a better company than BBBY. What this post presupposes is... maybe it's not.

What do these idiots imagine is going to happen to their shares when that debt is restructured?