Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

That DICK! posted:

that thing was a virginboard before jeffrey got his hands on it

Lmfao

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

ilmucche posted:

is it eurodisco or just regular disco/house though
Is that a distinction without difference? To me it's eurodisco because of how precise the production is, and because Markosa are from Europe (well, the continent, up until someone installs some motors on some of the British Isles) - but that's not a lot to go on, I'll grant.

I did discover that their label did put out an album called Revoke Loves Disco under the catalogue ID RVLP004, so I'm gonna need to get that bought I think.

EDIT: Of course, house also has its roots firmly planted in disco, so that makes it even harder to make the distinction.

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jul 14, 2023

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I've been digging into eurodisco recently, and here's some of the most-played artists from the last fortnight according to foobar2000:
Patrick Hernandez
Nick Straker Band
Donna Summer (worked with Moroder, basically the father of eurodisco)
Cerrone (who recently did a brand loving new album, and he's in his 70s, and despite this, it's actually good!)
Stardust
Tommy Seebach
Electric Light Orchestra
Dady Freyr
ABBA
Blank & Jones
MaiTai
Pet Shop Boys
Boney M
Daft Punk (yes, I know what you're gonna say, but their second album is named Disco-very, Q.E.D)
Horse Meat Disco
Thanks (features two of the folks from Alphabeat, but it's a shame they never really took off)
Markosa
Diana Ross (also worked with Moroder)

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
cool

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
My favorite boney m song is Blame it on the Rain

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
My favourite disco band is electric light orchestra

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Grant miller made some real bangers

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Curious about Horse Meat Disco. Are they from quebec?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Frank Frank posted:

Lol @ the GBS mods getting incredibly angry about AIDS

i actually regret calling the submarine thread aids because this is really stupid lol

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i actually regret calling the submarine thread aids because this is really stupid lol

I think it’s funny, and the discussion was going to go p similarly whether or not you used the AIDS word because you weren’t going to be viewed in good faith either way by some primary actors here and they’ve made that message plain and clear by still not even discussing the underlying sub thread issue let alone doing anything about it.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

the aids crew is at it again

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
you can't spell brigading crews without aids

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Brigaids

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
wordfilter mods ftw

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Banned from GBS for discussing my favorite brand of antacid tablets.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
I cannot fathom how anyone stays so invested in this argument after so many iterations.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

The overreaction to it is what makes it funny

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

EasilyConfused posted:

I cannot fathom how anyone stays so invested in this argument after so many iterations.

I really thought it would blow over by now.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Frank Frank posted:

The overreaction to it is what makes it funny

This and the similar reactions basically anytime 16-bit butthead posts anything anywhere

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

TheMightyBoops posted:

I really thought it would blow over by now.

didn't know we had Ronald Reagan posting itt!!!

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i can't imagine staking my careers future on the something awful front page lmfao
I was making enough to get by when Lowtax owned the site. The incoming owner was making a point of paying everyone better. Having more creative freedom and making more money was a good thing, and it seemed weeks or a few months away.

I didn't think I was going to become CEO of the iternet and retire with a golden parachute. It was a goofy job, but overseeing the relaunch of something I cared about was appealing.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

EasilyConfused posted:

It has nothing whatsoever to do with what's being posted, just who's posting it

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
Every crimes a hate crime when you hate crime

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Psycho Landlord posted:

It has nothing whatsoever to do with what's being posted, just who's posting it

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the funniest part was when multiple posters ended up posting extremely homophobic things in an attempt to make me and everyone else who calls things gay and aids the homophobes lol

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
watching godzilla and cheering when he smashes the japanese

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the funniest part was when multiple posters ended up posting extremely homophobic things in an attempt to make me and everyone else who calls things gay and aids the homophobes lol

What is with goons who do poo poo like this? See also the biking thread of all places who started dropping N bombs to force a user to change their name cause it was also a slur that no one has heard about or used in 200 years. And said user was black.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

they're inventing new slurs by the page!

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
All the complaints about fyad being a bunch of 40+ straight white dudes has been 100% projection from the crowd who loves bragging about how serious allies they are while telling actual queer people they are fascist homophobes for calling something aids.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Corin Tucker's Stalker sold me a digital code for the Switch version of Baldur's Gate 1+2 a couple of years ago at a good price via SA Mart and through this simple act has shown more integrity and follow through than Jeffrey has since he bought the site so I for one am going to believe his claims.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lol if you dont call everything in front of you gay whether its good or bad

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Idk that seems pretty gay to me

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

If I meant to be insulting id call something straight

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Leal posted:

What is with goons who do poo poo like this? See also the biking thread of all places who started dropping N bombs to force a user to change their name cause it was also a slur that no one has heard about or used in 200 years. And said user was black.

Fragile egod white people are stupid and need to yell at people even if they have good intentions

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Leal posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_White_Man%27s_Burden

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

the 21st century version of this is tech bros doing focus groups on what kinds of characters to put into those cartoony powerpoints with this style:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

If this is what I think it is, it's really underselling the cannibalism