Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are your gaming plans for the summer?
This poll is closed.
Win at video games 37 23.72%
Hone gaming skills 27 17.31%
Unlock hardcore mode achievements 14 8.97%
More grinding 24 15.38%
Post about video games 54 34.62%
Total: 82 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hmm I found a way to get infinite automatic 1ups in yoshi's island if anyone needs help with the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Waffleman_ posted:

Mass Effect Andromeda feels weird and different and I'm not entirely sure how to feel about it yet.

It feels weird because it's a mass effect game that's actually good!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnQrX2pffMY

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
gex morbed back into existence

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

asscreed is the most worthless game series ever made

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Reboot Gex but get 20-year-old GenZers to write the jokes. Dana Gould still does the voice acting, but he only gets 1 take per line.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

actual real official shenmue trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FkdFfd4t-E

Jay Rust fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jul 14, 2023

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Electric Phantasm posted:

Wait I was only half paying attention to that tweet is that company seriously named OWO

They claim it means "Our World Opening" but I don't think anyone is buying it

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

mutata posted:

Reboot Gex but get 20-year-old GenZers to write the jokes. Dana Gould still does the voice acting, but he only gets 1 take per line.

https://twitter.com/alaynakgray/status/1505003873852792836

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Bring Gex back but he still makes all 90s pop culture references that confuse everybody.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Is Gex the biggest loser gently caress-up out of all the mascot platformer characters? Even Bubsy had, like, adventures and poo poo. Gex canonically is just some NEET who wants nothing more in life than to watch basic cable and eat bugs and not have to deal with anyone, who happens to have Media Dimension stuff thrust upon him. If he were a mammal he'd have a neckbeard. Dude got rich and just bought a bigger TV for his gooncave like loving Notch.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Gex is extremely cool actually

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Driving with a load in a raised position? Racing forklifts?

Safework would rip up your license on the spot.

Shameful

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Macichne Leainig posted:

They claim it means "Our World Opening" but I don't think anyone is buying it

Feel like their latest logo raises further questions.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
if Bubsy can make a comeback, certainly Gex can. this is the same industry that brought back Lo Wang. Maybe even it is even possible for Rascal, Titus the Fox, Blasto, Plok!, Alfred Chicken and the like. maybe even Boogerman will go on one last pick and flick adventure...! in a cruel twist, the mighty Duke Nukem was sticken down and banished to the Shadow Realm for his sins, right next to Zero the :whitewater: Squirrel

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

bring back Sparkster

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I tried out Exoprimal since it's on gamepass and man. 60 dollar game with a battlepass, lootcrates AND a 'grind' system (or skip with real money" for new suits. How shameless lol.

Was kind of fun but it got old after a couple of matches. Isn't as fun as Destiny's Gambit mode which it's aping.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Asterite34 posted:

One step closer to realizing the dream of Teledildonics
brother we're already there

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

wizard2 posted:

if Bubsy can make a comeback, certainly Gex can. this is the same industry that brought back Lo Wang. Maybe even it is even possible for Rascal, Titus the Fox, Blasto, Plok!, Alfred Chicken and the like. maybe even Boogerman will go on one last pick and flick adventure...! in a cruel twist, the mighty Duke Nukem was sticken down and banished to the Shadow Realm for his sins, right next to Zero the :whitewater: Squirrel
this is so unfair to gex

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Gex kinda sounds like the 69 word...

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

cool spot

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Make cool spot up yours

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Apparently the Last of Us composer leaked a remaster for Part II on PS5 and I'm suddenly just really tired.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Khanstant posted:

Gex kinda sounds like the 69 word...

when I was in high school some kids would use it as slang for gay sex

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Announcing the remaster of Starfield. The team had a look at the game and decided we should finally google what a human face looks like

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

Apparently the Last of Us composer leaked a remaster for Part II on PS5 and I'm suddenly just really tired.

:cripes:

This is why cross generational nonsense sucks.
Gotta release on both systems for that ~revenue stream~
Then gotta release a HD update cause you didn't utilise the new platform well enough.
Oh did you buy the first release? Sorry you got a degraded copy of what we could really do if we focused

Just pirate poo poo, goddamn.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Hell yeah first Gex and now they’re bringing back the Interactor, 90s nostalgia is in full swing baybeeeeee

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
TLOU2 isn't a cross-generational game (it came out before the PS5) and there's still no PS5 version to date, other than a patch to uncap the framerate of the PS4 version. I never thought there was any doubt that they'd eventually release a PS5 version.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Plok! was actually a good game though

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

Volte posted:

TLOU2 isn't a cross-generational game (it came out before the PS5) and there's still no PS5 version to date, other than a patch to uncap the framerate of the PS4 version. I never thought there was any doubt that they'd eventually release a PS5 version.

Mark my words it'll cost sixty bones whether you own the prior one or not.

Big ups to the Horizon patch that came with Burning Shores that only included accessibility poo poo on next Gen too, btw. gently caress that.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Volte posted:

TLOU Part 1 was a remake of a PS3 title, it looked better enough that it could conceivably be worth $60. There is no way a TLOU2 remake will look better enough than a late-gen PS4 game to be worth $60

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

unattended spaghetti posted:

Mark my words it'll cost sixty bones whether you own the prior one or not.

Big ups to the Horizon patch that came with Burning Shores that only included accessibility poo poo on next Gen too, btw. gently caress that.

Please, be reasonable

It'll be 70

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

haveblue posted:

TLOU Part 1 was a remake of a PS3 title, it looked better enough that it could conceivably be worth $60. There is no way a TLOU2 remake will look better enough than a late-gen PS4 game to be worth $60
I highly doubt this'll be a remake, that would be truly insane. It'll be the same game with higher res assets, some PS5 SSD magic, and raytracing or whatever. I think there's a decent chance of an upgrade path for existing owners but who knows on that one.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

fridge corn posted:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

fridge corn posted:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I mean I've only played the prologue but I don't entirely mind it so far.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The writing is poo poo from an rear end but the moment to moment gameplay is like...Fine. the MP was fun too.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I kinda like that it's more focused on mobility than sticking to waist high walls along a corridor. Love a boost dodge.

Also I was initially disappointed that it seemed to be all humans but then they mentioned the other Council races had their own Macrosses (because this is just Macross) and I was like "okay that's fine, I really just need those four"

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The writing is poo poo from an rear end but the moment to moment gameplay is like...Fine. the MP was fun too.

Combat was okay to good or even very good, but there weren't many enemy types, and there was little encounter design in most of the open world skirmishes, which made up a good portion of a very long game. Gun modding was pretty cool, but hampered by how much everything cost.

Waffleman_ posted:

I kinda like that it's more focused on mobility than sticking to waist high walls along a corridor. Love a boost dodge.

Also I was initially disappointed that it seemed to be all humans but then they mentioned the other Council races had their own Macrosses (because this is just Macross) and I was like "okay that's fine, I really just need those four"

I think the most hilarious symptom of Andromeda's troubled development is that suddenly every single Asari, save for your companion, has the same face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The FTC's appeal was denied. MS is definitely buying Activision now. Enjoy the Starfield and Calls of Duty, gamepassers