Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Lemniscate Blue posted:

I remember Usenet, AOL chat, and mailing lists from the same era. This is not going to solve the problem.

Plus it's not like history won't just repeat itself. all this has happened before etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

selec posted:

Bluesky is on day three of a meltdown because somebody signed up using the N-word as their handle. It’s loving unusable rn unless you want to talk about that one specific thing.

The best internet is when it doesn’t talk about itself; but talks about the world. The worst internet is bumfights with admin.

Oh that explains a lot. Half my feed is people posting "I'm not vibing unless my black friends can vibe too". I'd been afraid to ask because occasionally some folks will take ignorance of a racism as willful disinterest. Thanks!

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Ah neat looks like they're finally adding some skins more modeled after some of the other models from 'save the world.' Do they even update that mode anymore or is it fully dead? I actually liked it more than BR back in the day as a foundation for a game. But then they added some horde modes and kept adding better stuff like vehicles to BR and just left the co-op mode kinda barren.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

endocriminologist posted:

This thread is gonna suck poo poo for a couple pages now

That's the secret: it always sucks poo poo.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

theironjef posted:

Oh that explains a lot. Half my feed is people posting "I'm not vibing unless my black friends can vibe too". I'd been afraid to ask because occasionally some folks will take ignorance of a racism as willful disinterest. Thanks!

The annoying and cringe part is people shaming others for posting during a "posting strike" like they're crossing the picket lines at the very real strikes going on in the real world right now (which is what I've seen people being shamed for talking about).

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

selec posted:

Bluesky is on day three of a meltdown because somebody signed up using the N-word as their handle. It’s loving unusable rn unless you want to talk about that one specific thing.

Wow @jack even got Lovecraft’s dog to use the site.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

No ssssccccccaaaaaaabbbbbbbssssss

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If your posting is a net detriment to the site then is that scabbing? Or is that like crossing the picket line to steal things from the building?

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

OwlFancier posted:

If your posting is a net detriment to the site then is that scabbing? Or is that like crossing the picket line to steal things from the building?

Sabotage, arguably. So that's a net positive

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

The annoying and cringe part is people shaming others for posting during a "posting strike" like they're crossing the picket lines at the very real strikes going on in the real world right now (which is what I've seen people being shamed for talking about).

I'm not going to do material good in the world, so I'm gonna pretend my posting or not posting is praxis

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Platystemon posted:

Wow @jack even got Lovecraft’s dog to use the site.

His cat actually.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

I mean you're kinda calling a child an IoSM

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

the child is 20 years old

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

credburn posted:

I mean you're kinda calling a child an IoSM
they're being an idiot on social media, but I'm glad to hear they're actually 12 or whatever and that's why they sound like someone hit 'elf' on the voice modulator

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
I think if you are 20 you can handle some people pointing and laughing at your lovely takes about women.

mycatscrimes has a new favorite as of 01:09 on Jul 15, 2023

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
Or maybe he's a twenty year-old elf, I dunno

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

mycatscrimes posted:

I think if you are 20 you can handle some people pointing and laughing at your lovely takes about women.

And if you're 12 you really, really need to have someone snap you out of having lovely takes on women because you're just at the age where that's really gonna start to matter.

Pipistrelle
Jun 18, 2011

Seems the high horse is taking them all home

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Oh, this is a thing in some fundamentalist/evangelical Christian circles. It's less common nowadays but back around the time the 80s and 90s Satanic Panic was starting to fade out yoga was getting big in pop culture. There were great big fusses made about public schools including yoga in PE classes or starting extracurricular programs.

Obviously it didn't stick as a target of ire.

It stuck in Alabama, where they banned yoga in schools in 1993, and only unbanned it 2 years ago lol

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

And if you're 12 you really, really need to have someone snap you out of having lovely takes on women because you're just at the age where that's really gonna start to matter.

They're also streaming, so it's definitely a teachable moment about what you shouldn't just throw out on the internet.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
https://twitter.com/Timcast/status/1680000334830223361?t=enHFWPH4oziob55aGiVA3Q&s=19

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
That coal miner’s name?

Derek Zoolander

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Platystemon posted:

That coal miner’s name?

Derek Zoolander

"How can they learn to code when they can't even fit into the building you've brought me? You built me a school for ANTS!"

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I didn't know Loretta Lynn's dad invented AI

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Platystemon posted:

That coal miner’s name?

Derek Zoolander

I think I'm getting the carpal tunnel, pop

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Kit Walker posted:

Sabotage, arguably. So that's a net positive
Meet in the middle and call it scabotage.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

HawkHill posted:

Dr. Eelco F. Wijdicks MD, PhD

Run that one by me again?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Splash Attack posted:

the child is 20 years old

He has the MIND of a child.

And a very stupid child at that.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

When the gently caress did journalists yell "learn to code" at coal miners? And without checking, I'm guessing ChatGPT is not based in the deep dark hills of Eastern Kentucky

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

HawkHill posted:

Yeah, they're idiots.

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/what-to-know-about-guillain-barre-syndrome-after-peru-outbreak

FWIW, The Friendly Article says that on average, they see 20 cases per month. Currently they're seeing closer to 100 per month.

Worth noting that this has happened before,

I'm trying to imagine how Dr Eelco Wijdicks pronounces his name and everything I come up with is glorious.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Air Skwirl posted:

When the gently caress did journalists yell "learn to code" at coal miners?

2008-2016

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I hear this, but I don't really know of any examples of it, and if it was in op-eds, sometimes journalists write an op-ed, but op-eds aren't journalism and most of them aren't written by journalists. The reporter (and this job doesn't exist anymore, and is part of the reason loving psychopaths are able to take over local governments) who would go to every city council meeting and write down what was said in those meetings isn't yelling "learn to code." Also, at a decently run news organization editorial and news are separate entities.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

https://twitter.com/cosmos_raj/status/1679921393381588998

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I don't see what the problem is, except chips and salsa is usually free at Mexican restaurants.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Apparently it's because those are "basic"?

Who cares about this

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

They're "boring" or "default", I guess? "Basic", perhaps.

Also chips & salsa aren't free at any of the Mexican places around me, unfortunately.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

You’re going to have taco trucks on every corner!

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Who cares about this

I don't think you get it. It's like going to a Malaysian place and ordering the laksa.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Who cares about this

I mean, the alternative is restaurants just don't offer those options and basic people don't go to the restaurant and the restaurant fails. Also I like enchiladas, I usually get some sort of curry usually when I go to Indian restaurants, so I guess I'm half basic.

The garlic naan and chips and salsa call outs just seems really weird to me. It's like, "oh white people who go to a steak house also order bread and butter," "white people at burger restaurants order fries."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

selec posted:

The best internet is when it doesn’t talk about itself; but talks about the world. The worst internet is bumfights with admin.

It didn't help that a random user had to fix the issue with a pull request on Github, and the Bluesky team then took credit for the fix.

The deployment was accepting a pull request.