Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Lammasu posted:

Seriously though, Russia outlawed isekai anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
I Used To Be a Dentist, Now I'm A Sunflower In Another Country.

We Were A Max Level Military Superpower But Now We're A Level 1 Laughingstock In Another War

weg fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jul 15, 2023

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Someone from the inside commented on this something to the effect of...

Government: We ban this pulp trash henceforth!!

Teenage Girls: lol, lmao

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

weg posted:

I Used To Be a Dentist, Now I'm A Sunflower In Another Country.

We Were A Max Level Military Superpower But Now We're A Level 1 Laughingstock In Another War

"I was a Russian riot control officer but I dead and woke up in another world"

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
The natives are restless

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Grape posted:

Someone from the inside commented on this something to the effect of...

Government: We ban this pulp trash henceforth!!

Teenage Girls: lol, lmao

I was curious about director of the soviet union 6 and it turns out it is not about isekaiing stalin, but traveling back in time to the 1960s and being a soviet film director

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

So the commander and chief of the armed forces is stating he wishes to start bombing Russian territory proper

Russian air defenses activate in boranesh

Since this is HUGE news I will say this. Don't believe it until you confirm it on your own.

I say this because I am unsure at this time but am stating the fact because it's gonna take a few days to hit mainstream sources. Here's the WaPO about the statement

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/07/14/ukraine-military-valery-zaluzhny-russia/

Now. Zaluzhny said something very specific. He will use ukrianian made weapons to do this. And I want to say I completely understand this and just upon writing this post I thought about it and since drones are so easy to make once you have the blueprints and things like that or just the technical know-how you can retool existing electronic infrastructures to making them. I mean it's small propellers Ukraine has a domestic airline. Combine these two things and you have a pretty goos production of military drones.

So it makes complete sense on that side as well as I mean what's a missile but a drone that only maneuvers on 2 axis?

I also want to say with the Russian free battalion, they were running Maxpros. Max pros are specifically us kit. And it was being used to attack inside of russia. I mean that should be hugely concerning and Washington said they were going to look into it but did nothing afterwards so you of course know how that went. So now Ukraine brings out a technicality and says well we're not using Western kids so we can blow up Russia if we want. I honestly think this is a huge development for Ukraine's war effort being able to hit Russia's factories up to 1000 km away with the drone means that everything is a target.

And when I say everything is Target I'm talking about factories railheads, "decision making centers" (Russia loves to use that one) as well as other things. I mean apparently the discord leaker had revealed a secret plan by Ukraine to blow up the loving Kremlin which didn't come to fruition because the US said mmm please don't.

So who's to say what this will actually come down to, but if they do start dropping bombs on Russia proper it will be a very fast paced collapse. Even faster than before. I mean this could be the run up to the next coup. Like how is a Russian general going to survive on his measly salary if he can't Rob and pillage factory workers in his spare time?

The West is sanctioning Russia's import on goods, Ukraine is about to destroy their production capability. And truly this is completely untested ground. Like what the gently caress happens now?

You know as I sit here and introspect about this new development, I just imagine that I'm sitting here posting about the world collapsing as it does. And I wonder will we be sitting here sending our last posts as the world does collapse? I mean if we were on the actual brink of nuclear war how many of us would just be sitting here making threads about it in every single forum? How many of us would be posting in chinatowns LOL the world is ending post your last comments and receive "fart butt fart" spammed 1000 times with every probe being a permaban as we all know we're going to die?

Like has anyone ever thought what the gently caress would happen to the internet in the apocalypse especially if the internet didn't cut out until the bombs fell?

It is crazy to imagine that you people might be the last people I talk to before we all die. I know that sounds like some mega doomerism but it's interesting to think about. Like sure hug your family text all your relatives but seriously I probably be glued to the loving screen with all of you people refreshing and trying to get one last post out before we all die.

That's Something Awful.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
The Internet was specifically designed to work in the aftermath of a nuclear exchange

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Nuclear armageddon? Just post through it.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

We need to make a new Zealander an admin for continuity sake

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
As long as Ukraine minimizes civilian casualties, which they have been doing, I don't see why they can't do this with US weapons. I don't think Putin is any more likely to destroy the world and himself. If he complains tell him that he can end it at any time.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

So the commander and chief of the armed forces is stating he wishes to start bombing Russian territory proper

i saw that reporting earlier and honestly i hope they get fuckin nutty (on military targets). I get why the US doesnt want them to use US made weapons to do it, but I cant imagine how frustrating it must be for ukrainian military leadership to know where the logistics/supply depots/etc are just over the border but be held back because they dont want to risk losing their lend lease aid. I wish them all the luck in the world on their strikes, and for russia:

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Since this is HUGE news I will say this. Don't believe it until you confirm it on your own.

I say this because I am unsure at this time but am stating the fact because it's gonna take a few days to hit mainstream sources. Here's the WaPO about the statement

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/07/14/ukraine-military-valery-zaluzhny-russia/

Now. Zaluzhny said something very specific. He will use ukrianian made weapons to do this. And I want to say I completely understand this and just upon writing this post I thought about it and since drones are so easy to make once you have the blueprints and things like that or just the technical know-how you can retool existing electronic infrastructures to making them. I mean it's small propellers Ukraine has a domestic airline. Combine these two things and you have a pretty goos production of military drones.

So it makes complete sense on that side as well as I mean what's a missile but a drone that only maneuvers on 2 axis?

I also want to say with the Russian free battalion, they were running Maxpros. Max pros are specifically us kit. And it was being used to attack inside of russia. I mean that should be hugely concerning and Washington said they were going to look into it but did nothing afterwards so you of course know how that went. So now Ukraine brings out a technicality and says well we're not using Western kids so we can blow up Russia if we want. I honestly think this is a huge development for Ukraine's war effort being able to hit Russia's factories up to 1000 km away with the drone means that everything is a target.

And when I say everything is Target I'm talking about factories railheads, "decision making centers" (Russia loves to use that one) as well as other things. I mean apparently the discord leaker had revealed a secret plan by Ukraine to blow up the loving Kremlin which didn't come to fruition because the US said mmm please don't.

So who's to say what this will actually come down to, but if they do start dropping bombs on Russia proper it will be a very fast paced collapse. Even faster than before. I mean this could be the run up to the next coup. Like how is a Russian general going to survive on his measly salary if he can't Rob and pillage factory workers in his spare time?

The West is sanctioning Russia's import on goods, Ukraine is about to destroy their production capability. And truly this is completely untested ground. Like what the gently caress happens now?

You know as I sit here and introspect about this new development, I just imagine that I'm sitting here posting about the world collapsing as it does. And I wonder will we be sitting here sending our last posts as the world does collapse? I mean if we were on the actual brink of nuclear war how many of us would just be sitting here making threads about it in every single forum? How many of us would be posting in chinatowns LOL the world is ending post your last comments and receive "fart butt fart" spammed 1000 times with every probe being a permaban as we all know we're going to die?

Like has anyone ever thought what the gently caress would happen to the internet in the apocalypse especially if the internet didn't cut out until the bombs fell?

It is crazy to imagine that you people might be the last people I talk to before we all die. I know that sounds like some mega doomerism but it's interesting to think about. Like sure hug your family text all your relatives but seriously I probably be glued to the loving screen with all of you people refreshing and trying to get one last post out before we all die.

That's Something Awful.

Your fan fiction suddenly took an odd turn

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Have you not read the classic novel On the Forum? All it will do is buy us another few months

We need to move operations to the ISS

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
Time again to break out the fake World War 3 broadcast and scare your Boomer parents:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHLU0Uej1WA

It'd be great to get an updated version with the names of the latest electeds.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Dr. Quarex posted:

Have you not read the classic novel On the Forum? All it will do is buy us another few months

We need to move operations to the ISS

All that will do is buy us a few months...

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

That's Something Awful.

a certain poster and their balls are absolutely freaking out at this post rn

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

El Jebus posted:

I wish Russia would just leave Ukraine. Maybe we should start a petition.

No letter writing campaign?

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

The X-man cometh posted:

The Internet was specifically designed to work in the aftermath of a nuclear exchange

Initially, but is it still built that way now?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

That's Something Awful.

I don't think Ukraine striking factories in Russian territory is going to compel Vladimir Putin to finally mash his big dumb loving face on the big red shiny button to end humanity via MAD with or without Ukraine actually following through on hitting (more) things in Russian territory OP

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Issuing correction Ukraine is not using Western kids to blow up Russia.

It was meant to be kit.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

fondue posted:

Initially, but is it still built that way now?

nah, one nuke into us east 1 aws center would take everything significant in corporate america out

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

That's Something Awful.

Naptime! Go steal 40 winks.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Vladimir Putin stole 40 Mosins. Forty mosins. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible. for the mobiks on the frontline trenches

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Issuing correction Ukraine is not using Western kids to blow up Russia.

It was meant to be kit.

I mean I'm sure there are some kids from Lviv involved.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

bob dobbs is dead posted:

nah, one nuke into us east 1 aws center would take everything significant in corporate america out

Due to site reliability and disaster recovery, corporate records are safely backed up to multiple locations and ready to failover in the event of an emergency. It'll take something a bit more systemic to take things down permanently.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

One of them is in fact from Oceania so SA is covered

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
nah, thats something you say to the regulators. de facto, most stuff has poor backups and unrehearsed backups and us east 1 going down temporarily hard or soft kills great swathes of the internet

Afakasi
Jul 9, 2009

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Don't you put that evil on us!

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

weg posted:

I really need to get a PC so I can photoshop this makeup as one of Prigozhin's disguises.
Photopea is a browser based editor....

https://www.photopea.com/

Have fun.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Lammasu posted:

isekai anime.

I'm scared to google what this means

lifetime supply of Pocky
Aug 19, 2003

Tai posted:

Remember the time when tankies would cheer along to videos of Assad/Russia barrel bombing civilians. Ahhh good times.

yes. yes i loving do. argggggh and uggggh

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Wistful of Dollars posted:

Cartoons where the protagonist is transported somewhere for a grand adventure to save a kingdom of horny elves or something.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

(sings Waltzing Matilda for the 38th time in the movie)

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Things got real weird here all of a sudden, pull up thread

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Think Wizard of Oz except you usually get there by being hit by a truck instead of a tornado.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Putin sucks

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

HonorableTB posted:

Things got real weird here all of a sudden, pull up thread

no.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

This thread has turned into the Weird War thread, like where an army of Confederate skellingtons attack a modern combat squad and they all get confused and freak out but the Sgt. holds them together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

Isekai = portal fantasy.

It's just anime where some schmuck gets hit by a truck at the start and when he 'dies' he wakes up in a stereotypical vaguely European fantasy world.