Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
at most edibles make me feel warm at around 300mg figure it's a waste of money to try more maybe I'll make my own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
You could try RSO or some other edible that you can hold in your mouth and absorb that way? To get around your THC destroying microbiome or whatever you got going on

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I get high on 5 mg of tincture lol

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Edibles give me a rash around my collarbone, it's weird.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

euphronius posted:

Same. It’s weird reading about people’s usage when a 100mg pack of edibles and an eighth of flower will last you something like four months.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
there's those lactaid pills for milk need something like that for my weedkillerbelly it sounds fun to be uncomfortably ripped

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Same. It’s weird reading about people’s usage when a 100mg pack of edibles and an eighth of flower will last you something like four months.

Meanwhile, I have a baggie with 800mg or so worth of RSO gummies which... well, that's a friday evening through saturday night, lol

speaking of, I am still trying to get my gummy alchemy right, and I have fruit pectin on the way because I think that's what I've been missing. Like my gummies are not *bad* but they're too drat solid / chewy, I want a gummy that'll "break" when I bite it I guess

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

euphronius posted:

I get a fine buzz off quartered 5-mg gummies. A budtender tried to sell me the 10-mg version of my sleep gummies and I made the :stonk: face at her.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Yeah people sharing their experiences of ingesting a few hunded milligrams of THC in one sitting, like that one YT vid of a couple supposedly eating an 800mg cookie on camera and only near the very end claiming to be too high/nauseous, has me skeptical that the weed high does not in fact scale linearly with how much of it you eat. I mean it doesn't even scale like alcohol where if you take one can of beer and 5mg of THC there's a slight effect from both. But while at four cans I'd be getting pretty tipsy, at 20mg THC I'd already cease to exist and become an impossible triangle.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'd like to offer for our consideration the concept of tolerance.

The same amount when regularly consuming is not the same when not.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hirayuki posted:

I get a fine buzz off quartered 5-mg gummies. A budtender tried to sell me the 10-mg version of my sleep gummies and I made the :stonk: face at her.

It’s such a cheap hobby for us :hf:

I spend like 50$ a month on weed

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

redshirt posted:

I'd like to offer for our consideration the concept of tolerance.
Sure, I’m just saying it’s weird.

Like you find a thread about bourbon and think hey I enjoy bourbon maybe I should read this and everyone in the thread is talking about buying multiple casks of it every week.

E: I don’t mean for that to sound like the others are weird ones, it’s just slightly surreal. But then again so is walking into a store and buying weed.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Sure, I’m just saying it’s weird.

Like you find a thread about bourbon and think hey I enjoy bourbon maybe I should read this and everyone in the thread is talking about buying multiple casks of it every week.

Indeed. Feel free to speak elsewhere.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

Yeah people sharing their experiences of ingesting a few hunded milligrams of THC in one sitting, like that one YT vid of a couple supposedly eating an 800mg cookie on camera and only near the very end claiming to be too high/nauseous, has me skeptical that the weed high does not in fact scale linearly with how much of it you eat.

edibles can affect different people very differently, depending on their metabolism and weight and various other factors, and they can also affect the same individually differently at different times depending on your recent diet and tolerance. personally, edibles just dont do much for me at all, though i certainly get plenty high when i smoke.

and there is no such thing as an objective or universal "scale" of the weed high, regardless of method, it varies by individual to an extreme degree.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

When I go to Denver for work I get takeout and a ton of edibles and just eat and watch bad movies on HBO.

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

euphronius posted:

It’s such a cheap hobby for us :hf:

I spend like 50$ a month on weed

Now there's a number I like to go ahead and never calculate for myself

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Konar posted:

Now there's a number I like to go ahead and never calculate for myself

Add a zero. So it's 500 a month for weed...

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Earwicker posted:

and there is no such thing as an objective or universal "scale" of the weed high, regardless

P sure there is and I'm willing to continue my research as long as it takes.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

P sure there is and I'm willing to continue my research as long as it takes.

I have a competing research venture going on in the northwest, please fund

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Carth Dookie posted:

actually I loving hate it. It won't register anything below 0.06g properly. Even after tare.

I mean , there is a sticker on the back giving you a deviation of 0.1g so :shrug:

Its 10bux and good enough for espresso and goes up to a couple kilos, it's pretty impressive IMO. and it uses triple As so it will stick around. It slots right into my kitchen in utility and size

If you want better than that you might need to get a dedicated drug scale I'm sorry to say

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Yeah I didn't realize it had that much deviation. When I bought it I WAS looking for a drug scale and thought that's what I was getting.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
you need a special scale for accurately measuring down into the milligrams range

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Wait mine says it has a max weight of 500g and a deviation of 0.01g, so it SHOULD be able to do 0.05g ok but :argh:

I guess I'll have to look for another one

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
The bad part of cartridges is that I am a klutz and you can very easily waste near a gram of perfectly good cart just because of butterfingers :sigh:

If it's not too bad I will try to tape it up but this was loving destroyed

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Macichne Leainig posted:

The bad part of cartridges is that I am a klutz and you can very easily waste near a gram of perfectly good cart just because of butterfingers :sigh:

If it's not too bad I will try to tape it up but this was loving destroyed

maybe you can just transfer the oil to another cart? lot of head shops sell refillable carts and a basic toner syringe should work

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I am probably 400mg in via these gummies, and lightly vaping flower USE PROMOCODE CJ42069 FOR 0% OFF AT DYNAVAP.COM

and let me tell you it's a chill way to begin the weekend, as it started with me finally fixing the work problem that has plagued me for a week so it is time to press the accelerator

making another batch, going to double the dosage (aka cut the gelatin / sugar in half, still 1g RSO) so I am not just eating gelatin as my primary sustenance lol

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Code Jockey posted:

I am probably 400mg in via these gummies, and lightly vaping flower USE PROMOCODE CJ42069 FOR 0% OFF AT DYNAVAP.COM

and let me tell you it's a chill way to begin the weekend, as it started with me finally fixing the work problem that has plagued me for a week so it is time to press the accelerator

making another batch, going to double the dosage (aka cut the gelatin / sugar in half, still 1g RSO) so I am not just eating gelatin as my primary sustenance lol

Query: Would you say you are running from anything?

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Earwicker posted:

maybe you can just transfer the oil to another cart? lot of head shops sell refillable carts and a basic toner syringe should work

Oh this thing exploded like immediately, there was no recovering the goo and on fact there was already a glob I had to clean off the floor by the time I grabbed it

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I want to take another pointless won't-be-heard opportunity to say gently caress you D.A.R.E., I am much better at everything including work when I'm high, I hope the fat paychecks for all your hard outreach work were good

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

redshirt posted:

Query: Would you say you are running from anything?

Less so now than I ever have been in my life, honestly

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Watched this the other day after having been binging king gizz since the new album. I’ve liked them a bunch for a long time and now I like them even more and I’m listening to their whole disco and loving everything more than I ever did before.

MOTORRRR

SPIRRRRRRRIT

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Code Jockey posted:

I want to take another pointless won't-be-heard opportunity to say gently caress you D.A.R.E., I am much better at everything including work when I'm high, I hope the fat paychecks for all your hard outreach work were good

Drugs Are Really Expensive.

The first time I tried :420: I was like, "Wow! What else did they lie to me about?"

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Maybe rules are not for fools?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Waffle! posted:

Drugs Are Really Expensive.

The first time I tried :420: I was like, "Wow! What else did they lie to me about?"

Not if you own all the drugs

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Macichne Leainig posted:

Maybe rules are not for fools?

Nevermind I smoked some weed. gently caress rules

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Macichne Leainig posted:

Nevermind I smoked some weed. gently caress rules

*scatters the following

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

oh right I forgot how much better I was at balancing mint flavors I am than spice (cinnamon/cardamom, etc) in chocolate, this batch of cookies is excellent

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

i                                   smoked some                                                                                                      :420:

happy saturday

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Scrotum Modem posted:

i                                   smoked some                                                                                                      :420:

happy saturday

Alright mark z danieloski

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

howthafook did you get my name