Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Standards are/were so low that people were amazed the Sin Cara dressed in black didn't result in attempted 'hilarity' from announcers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExtraQuiet
Apr 25, 2016

by Shine

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

He has a cult thing called Schism going on and they all wear happy masks. It's like a really hosed up self-help group. It's kinda cool and his theme is great.

About a year ago I arrived home early from work, and decided to dip my toes into this 'WWE" thing, turning on NXT, thinking it's maybe a modern day ECW equivalent or something. Last time I had known the product, it was called WWF and the dark ministry/corporation stuff is when I dropped off.

The second segment on my screen was said cult, and I was second-hand embarrassed for everyone involved including myself.

Their look came across to me as charlotte neo-nazi types, and i justified not immediately flipping the channel by telling myself "well maybe this angle could work if they get the poo poo stomped out of them every match"

I did not continue to watch NXT after this, although i enjoyed solo sequoia and the energetic chase U lady.
I also thought "Chase U' was a clever wrestling gimmick, but mortified that people own screen-printed shirts that say that and probably wear them in public

a few months later I encountered "gurther", for whom the thread is titled and is praised in these pages. the whole gimmick is suspect as gently caress, visually it doesn't pass the test, and just barely passes the language test.. He talks about the purity of the squared circle... but constantly cheats. as a viewer, what should take away from this?

the whole thing reeks

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

You said it pal

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

qanon nxt breakdown

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Charlotte is unrecognisable

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

charlluminati

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
not only does LA Knight seem incredibly over, he has also completely replaced WHAT chants or the possibility of them during his promos entirely and just has people chanting YEAH for him instead. maybe they should put the us title on the guy people are really into

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
This company can’t capitalize on anything that happens organically.

How long until LA Knight fizzles out?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

69 months 69 days 69 hours 69 minutes 69 seconds

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The Bloodline would be immensely improved by Solo Sequoia

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Cavauro posted:

69 months 69 days 69 hours 69 minutes 69 seconds

Nice nice nice nice nice

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Tato posted:

not only does LA Knight seem incredibly over, he has also completely replaced WHAT chants or the possibility of them during his promos entirely and just has people chanting YEAH for him instead. maybe they should put the us title on the guy people are really into

the one question you should ask yourself though is "is he roman reigns?"

if the answer is no, then he's a scrub who can be discarded

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Astro7x posted:

This company can’t capitalize on anything that happens organically.

How long until LA Knight fizzles out?

I don't think he CAN fizzle out.

Dude came out of the Uncle Howdy Mountain Dew match more over than ever before. That's impressive.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

He used to be!

He still is, but he used to be too.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Cthulu Carl posted:

I think they also exiled that one tag team to the Forbidden Zone or something. Or maybe they murdered them. It was a "Loser leaves NXT" match so maybe they just had to walk down the road sadly while "The Lonely Man" plays

TNA! TNA!

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
They can push LA knight once Trip’s 5-year plan to rename Butch is complete

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I was at a bar earlier tonight and smackdown was on but muted and one of the usos was out cutting a promo and his physical acting was terrible. Like a child trying to pretend to be angry.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Dimebags Brain posted:

I was at a bar earlier tonight and smackdown was on but muted and one of the usos was out cutting a promo and his physical acting was terrible. Like a child trying to pretend to be angry.

they are going to WIN A GODDAMN EMMY

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dimebags Brain posted:

Did he run his hands down his face?

Cause that's Jey.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

MJeff posted:

Did he run his hands down his face?

Cause that's Jey.

Like 3 times in the 90 seconds I paid attention.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dimebags Brain posted:

Like 3 times in the 90 seconds I paid attention.

Yeah, that's Jey alright!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
me when the bloodline is on my tv:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The WWE has finally found a new star, a new hope for the future, and its 57 year old Slate Randall

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tato posted:

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1680029160092082180?s=20

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Do Vince push LA Knight? No? Then he’s gonna be buried real soon. Hope you like the 24/7 title Mr Knight.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

me when the bloodline is on my tv:

Paul, you probably love your father-in-law.
Admit it Paul you have no good wrestling idea!

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

breathing like he just did the ultimate warrior entrance after a casual stroll down the ramp

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Are WWE writers considered union?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

CobiWann posted:

No

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

even if they were, vince would just immediately fire the writing staff and write the shows himself

he rewrites them constantly at the last minute anyway

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

CobiWann posted:

lol

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

There's only one Union the WWE recognizes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7Ugj2fPpcw

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Union of People You Outta Respect, Son

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

jim jonhston and his similar themes

we are the union
of your communion.
union.
of your communion.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
Seems weird to put Mankind in a stable, weirder still to have Big Show, Shamrock and Test (not Val) join him.

The fact that their only PPV was Over The Edge (THAT one) and disbanded after a few weeks & the only sign they existed was the theme which was in WM2000 (the game, not the event)

By the way, the entire 1st season of Heels is on Starz's YouTube page if anyone is interested.

Island Nation fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jul 15, 2023

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Test, not Val Venis :eng101:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Has there been an update on the health and physical therapy of Big E? Haven't really heard much from Kofi either.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Jiro posted:

Has there been an update on the health and physical therapy of Big E? Haven't really heard much from Kofi either.

Last I heard his neck wasn’t ossifying enough that a return to wrestling was unlikely.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Jiro posted:

last update i saw is he feels great in everyday life with no lingering issues. they're just kind of in limbo to see if his neck fully heals enough so he can be dropped on it again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hirez posted:

They're called Pretty Deadly now

They’re dead alright

https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1680298211582545920?t=wGk3c-sj3tTxPfcJapMOcw&s=19