Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

shyduck posted:

Bluesky didn't initially filter for racial slurs in usernames, but released a statement saying they're gonna fix it and everyone's all pissed off that it happened in the first place

I think they did filter some things like "cracker", but didn't filter out anything like hard-n or hard-r. They only have something like 2 people working on the backend of things, so while the company was silent it was up to volunteers to submit emergency fixes to block out some of the most egregious stuff after people started creating accounts with slurs in their names.

Since then some of the loudest shitposters have rightly been calling for the company to fix their poo poo, hire a Trust and Safety team, and apologize to the black community because this kind of thing should have never been possible in the first place.

They did push/are pushing a fix today (I think) that is more thorough in regards to blocking slurs and flagging ones that aren't exact matches for moderation, but uh no one trusts that they have moderation in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Nemo2342 posted:

I think they did filter some things like "cracker", but didn't filter out anything like hard-n or hard-r. They only have something like 2 people working on the backend of things, so while the company was silent it was up to volunteers to submit emergency fixes to block out some of the most egregious stuff after people started creating accounts with slurs in their names.

Since then some of the loudest shitposters have rightly been calling for the company to fix their poo poo, hire a Trust and Safety team, and apologize to the black community because this kind of thing should have never been possible in the first place.

They did push/are pushing a fix today (I think) that is more thorough in regards to blocking slurs and flagging ones that aren't exact matches for moderation, but uh no one trusts that they have moderation in the first place.

they filtered a bsic food name before the n-word? lmao

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Surely nobody would just say the n word on social media right away on a new platform

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Oglethorpe posted:

they filtered a bsic food name before the n-word? lmao

Hmm I wonder if white people were in charge of the filtering.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/lrozen/status/1679678042585612289?s=20

Concerning.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
crackers are dangerous

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Mr. Sharps posted:

but we all know we do it for the emptyquotes

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

crackers are dangerous

Demon cracker nation

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Word of mouth passing down of Drill posts is making me cackle. Bluesky has like bards and poo poo.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

They seem like only the most fragile and online of libs so this may be the once in a lifetime that I call for an all-cspam goonrush

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Is Uncle Kracker not on blue sky?!

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lol posting strike

bigstupidjellyfish
Oct 25, 2010

I mean thats what we all assumed I'm sure, but its nice that they got someone to say it in the washington post, that's gotta annoy elon

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
david saslav may not have my bad tweets so I am striking

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lol still at getting paid to post tweets

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

the scrackerhorpe problem

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

going on a hunger strike until catturd gets paid

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

allied biscuit about to corner the cracker advertising game on blue sky

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

ArmZ posted:

everything is op

gawd drat AmZ, loving Something awful PsyOp

thetan_guy42
Oct 15, 2016

murdera

Lipstick Apathy
I will accept payment to not post

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

thetan_guy42 posted:

I will accept payment to not post

whatever this poster accepts i will accept $1 less per month

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I can't wait for Elon to create Tay 2.0
https://twitter.com/ZoeSchiffer/status/1679960485133979651

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Nemo2342 posted:

-every fascist ever

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Oglethorpe posted:

whatever this poster accepts i will accept $1 less per month

Oglethorpe would cross a posting picket line

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

https://twitter.com/AchewoodNC/status/1481299716503740421

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

if they're training it on twitter data i bet elon also had them scrape the poo poo out of reddit

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Zeroisanumber posted:

They seem like only the most fragile and online of libs so this may be the once in a lifetime that I call for an all-cspam goonrush

I saw someone with a disco elysium avatar try to bully another person calling them a gay pedophile who should kill themselves, that place rules lmao

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/lporiginalg/status/1679877549562941448?t=ZN0vmKXju4oRUQYYNYTYRQ&s=19

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Looks like this guy is desperate to raise money for his sex pest defense fund

https://twitter.com/lporiginalg/status/1556683057561669634

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

gregday posted:

just lmao that elon literally created george soros checks for posting

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

so we're never going to see another round of "payments" right?

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner

Vox Nihili posted:

amazing, this is a crowdfunding platform that has a dedicated thoughts and prayers button next to the give button.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

xiw posted:

amazing, this is a crowdfunding platform that has a dedicated thoughts and prayers button next to the give button.

that's the kind of innovation you only get in a free market

god bless america

:911:

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol still at getting paid to post tweets

https://twitter.com/DougJBalloon/status/1590893683762933760

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

gregday posted:

just lmao that elon literally created george soros checks for posting

jeffrey should try this

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
stop generating content for elon and start generating it for @jack

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

If I believe Twitter will be profitable that means it will be. That's how belief works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Vox Nihili posted:

Perry Lyndon, Kubricks worst movie