Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: hot cocoa on the couch)

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
https://twitter.com/GrittyNHL/statu...ingawful.com%2F

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Charles Bukowski posted:

I still gotta work tomorrow, but I had a couple beers and some weed and then ate a whole package of spicy pork and veggie potstickers. Feelin' pretty good fellas

My man!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Off work for two weeks. My business fax will be unavailable, and please do not send me anything work related to my person fax

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

numberoneposter posted:

Off work for two weeks. My business fax will be unavailable, and please do not send me anything work related to my person fax

I have this fax!!!

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Not quite Friday related but this is hilarious. Some studio exec said "The endgame is to allow things to drag on until union members start losing their houses"

https://twitter.com/OS2NOX/status/1679950089672970241

He really is quite striking.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I stand with Slugworth

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Wild rear end Friday

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

journey into Kirk's unknown

Slugworth posted:

He really is quite striking.

This guy is pretty cool

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Made it home alive. Hungry. One of my completely sober watering guys drove my rear end home after he saw me yelling posts into my phone while barely conscious

I took a huge tin of food and thinking to make fajitas out of the bbq chicken.

My bbq people are just the most amazing loving people like they are just the life of the party once the foods done cooking we are all smoking it up and talking poo poo. Dad of the family took his normal bag of gummies. Son was shooting poo poo with me about how funny his dad gets when ripped on edibles.

Community sports fans it keeps you sane.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

lunking it up in the garage gym right now

might stay sober this friday for a change, been a long time since i've done one of those

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Made it home alive. Hungry. One of my completely sober watering guys drove my rear end home after he saw me yelling posts into my phone while barely conscious

I took a huge tin of food and thinking to make fajitas out of the bbq chicken.

My bbq people are just the most amazing loving people like they are just the life of the party once the foods done cooking we are all smoking it up and talking poo poo. Dad of the family took his normal bag of gummies. Son was shooting poo poo with me about how funny his dad gets when ripped on edibles.

Community sports fans it keeps you sane.

:love:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Bad Purchase posted:

might stay sober this friday for a change, been a long time since i've done one of those

drat good choice. I should try that.

Too late tonight, and Yellowjackets demands mind-altered consumption.

Haptical Sales Slut fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jul 15, 2023

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Bad Purchase posted:

I'd like to hear everything about this home gym.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

redshirt posted:

I'd like to hear everything about this home gym.

Bad Purchase posted:

here's a shot of mine. been assembling it over the past year or so. copped a lot of the pieces during black friday sales back in november, and been lunkin' out at home whenever i want ever since. slowly but surely putting a little meat on my frail computer toucher body.

basically just a $200 squat rack from a macy's sale a year or two back, a barbell, some walmart plates, adjustable dumbells, and an adjustable bench

oh, and of course HORSE MATS

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i'm all sweaty now, guess i might as well go for a walk around the neighborhood since it's cooled down into the 80s, and hope nobody stands their ground as i pass their property on the sidewalk in the dark

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Bad Purchase posted:

basically just a $200 squat rack from a macy's sale a year or two back, a barbell, some walmart plates, adjustable dumbells, and an adjustable bench

Im looking at the tangibles, for instance, how is the air flow in your gym?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Careful, there might be roving gangs of cops out and up to no good.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Lil 8ish miles on the bike at sunset. Wise.

Tomorrow is the pride parade and festival so I rode through the gayborhood and dang its already pretty lit on teh blocks with the bars and restaurants and such.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

redshirt posted:

Yeah, have you had your supply and return cleaned in a while?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

wanna see my ball

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

redshirt posted:

i have a big floor fan i turn on when needed

however, since it's in the garage, i usually just do my set and then go into the air conditioned house for a few minutes until my next set

it's FL, so the garage is not pleasant to be in most of the time even with good airflow

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

Bad Purchase posted:

Nice! I’ve always wanted to get a rack but living in an apartment made that impossible. I do have a Concept2 rower, bench, and adjustable weights though. Have been getting back into my routine after slacking for a while but yeah, got sick early this week. Hopefully I can get back on track this week.

What does your routine look like?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

digitalist posted:

Nice! I’ve always wanted to get a rack but living in an apartment made that impossible. I do have a Concept2 rower, bench, and adjustable weights though. Have been getting back into my routine after slacking for a while but yeah, got sick early this week. Hopefully I can get back on track this week.

What does your routine look like?

for the past 3 months or so i've worked out basically every day. however i've been pretty casual about the workouts themselves.

i try to hit one big compound lift (squat, deadlift, bench, pullups) and then one accessory or lighter lift (overhead press, dumbell rows, shoulder work, curls, etc) each day

i do 5 sets of 10 of everything except deadlifts, which is more like 4 sets of 10 (and usually my first set or two are 20-30 lbs lighter than the last two) because that one takes a lot out of me. also i did smaller sets of pullups until i got to the point that i could actually do 10 in one set.

i have chronic low back/hip pain and so i only deadlift and squat once per week. so far so good, i might try to add a 2nd squat day soon.

this takes 45 min to an hour each day, and usually i'm doing other stuff in the house or even playing a bit of zelda or D4 for a couple min in between sets.

because it's so spaced out and short, it's not great cardio, so i'm looking to maybe start biking or running as well

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

Bad Purchase posted:

for the past 3 months or so i've worked out basically every day. however i've been pretty casual about the workouts themselves.

i try to hit one big compound lift (squat, deadlift, bench, pullups) and then one accessory or lighter lift (overhead press, dumbell rows, shoulder work, curls, etc) each day

i do 5 sets of 10 of everything except deadlifts, which is more like 4 sets of 10 (and usually my first set or two are 20-30 lbs lighter than the last two) because that one takes a lot out of me. also i did smaller sets of pullups until i got to the point that i could actually do 10 in one set.

i have chronic low back/hip pain and so i only deadlift and squat once per week. so far so good, i might try to add a 2nd squat day soon.

this takes 45 min to an hour each day, and usually i'm doing other stuff in the house or even playing a bit of zelda or D4 for a couple min in between sets.

because it's so spaced out and short, it's not great cardio, so i'm looking to maybe start biking or running as well

I'm no expert but this sounds pretty good. I've also been experiencing lower back pain recently so trying to do focus on that, is there anything specific you found to target that? Workout wise or just general info on it. I've been meaning to do more research, for the time being I was just getting back into my routine but taking it real easy. For weights I'm just doing a 3 day split - push/pull/legs, and on 3 of the off days 30 minutes on the rower and 1 rest day. Bulking isn't my primary objective so I was happy with that routine. Always open to changing things up though.

I used to run a lot but my knees suck. I managed to run a half marathon (in training) but that just killed my knees and I had to pull back, which is what prompted starting on the rower and then covid prompted the purchase of my very own concept2 and I've managed to put just over a million meters on that thing. It's wonderful and being able to take it apart into two pieces made it possible to store without taking too much room in a small space. It's all pretty expensive but honestly probably the best purchases I've ever made, don't regret any of it. One day I'll get that rack.

digitalist fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jul 15, 2023

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i’m not an expert either, just winging it. doing something every day has made it easy to stick to. no excuses or putting it off.

weirdly, i think deadlifting has been helping my back more than anything else. puts stress on it but also strengthens it

i do sets of 10 instead of 5 like a lot of strength programs suggest to intentionally reduce the work weight on my aging body, which i hope will reduce the chance of injury

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

that's a rather large ball

Bad Purchase posted:

doing something every day has made it easy to stick to. no excuses or putting it off.

reduce the work weight on my aging body, which i hope will reduce the chance of injury

:hmmyes:

The hard part is doing it every day. With that said, I'm gonna have another beer cause it's still friday :cool:

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
30 minutes till Saturday here....gonna do another shot and kill off a bottle...taco bell done...Diablo IV progressed...gonna try not to drunk text anyone...

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

:bisonyes:

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

d4 season starts in a week, i’ve lost all motivation to do anything else until then. got the renown and story stuff done and don’t think anything else matters

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Bad Purchase posted:

d4 season starts in a week, i’ve lost all motivation to do anything else until then. got the renown and story stuff done and don’t think anything else matters

Shant merchandise d4 before content release

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'm setting up a date!

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

redshirt posted:

I'm setting up a date!

:hfive:

goodnight friday, cya next week!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

digitalist posted:

:hfive:

goodnight friday, cya next week!

We're gonna meet hundreds of miles away.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Saturday

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

Saalkin posted:

Saturday

well now I feel foolish :colbert:

redshirt posted:

We're gonna meet hundreds of miles away.

big plans lined up?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

A centrally located Mexican restaraunt.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
more like shan'turday

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

redshirt posted:

A centrally located Mexican restaraunt.

awesome man, good luck!

this week the friday thread outlasts me, time for sleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

And yes we did have a bbq to celebrate Bastille day.