Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

kdrudy posted:

I mean, I'm going to find a way to watch it and see.

Anyone know anything about the company making this? Are we looking at soap opera style production values or are they the Chinese Netflix and this has a chance at having a decent budget?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Budget better be big enough to create the mastercrafted wig neccesary for whoever hottie playing Reinhard

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
What if the budget is big enough to hire white actors who can actually act

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
China's produced a lot of good live action scifi recently. I could see it being good.

Maybe not justice to the original 100+ episode series good, but no movie is accomplishing that.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I would personally keep expectations in check. As much as I liked Three Body Problem (and seem to be alone in feeling this way in TVIV) I have to admit the production value was on Doctor Who levels, where the made-for-tv quality was a charming sort of cheap. And that was a very highly anticipated show

Any daydreams of HBO money should be nipped in the bud

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 19:48 on May 11, 2023

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
They could get Paramount Plus money and do a Halo TV show level adaptation of baffling choices.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
This is nerdy and epic enough that Cavill has to be a fan, right? Cast him as Schenkopp!

YoursTruly
Jul 29, 2012

Put me in the trash
Recycle Bin
where
I belong.
How does one audition for a role? I want to be an extra who dies a gruesome death when a ship explodes.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Steve Yun posted:

Best bros forever

that man would never accept love this pure

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

YoursTruly posted:

How does one audition for a role? I want to be an extra who dies a gruesome death when a ship explodes.

I'd take a digital axe to the head from the Rosen Ritter.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

I loved the Three Kingdoms tv show and enjoyed a few other historical epic type Chinese shows, but I’ve never seen any sci fi from there. Excited regardless, though it’ll be very weird not hearing Japanese from the characters.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

I loved the Three Kingdoms tv show and enjoyed a few other historical epic type Chinese shows, but I’ve never seen any sci fi from there. Excited regardless, though it’ll be very weird not hearing Japanese from the characters.

I forgot about that show, I never finished it but it was dope as all get out. I need to rewatch it

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Eva & Mittermeyer are the most pure couple in entire show, mirror of Cazelnu & Hortense who are second.

Felix Mittermeyer is going to be too powerful; Reuenthal genes raised by the most ethical admiral & most innocent person Eva.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I always forget that his name is Wolfgang because I instinctively assume she calls him Wolf based off his nickname.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

What’s it called

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Steve Yun posted:

What’s it called

Literally "Three Kingdoms" from 2010. The dude playing Cao Cao is just the best in it.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

entire show is on youtube too, just search "three kingdoms 2010" and you'll find what you need

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The source of the infamous Cao Cao losing his poo poo laughing while scampering off after confirming he only opened negotiations to make sure the sun was in the other dudes eyes.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYpJ37ulsnk

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Just thinking about this and all his antics, the entire episode of Zhuge Liang loving with Zhou Yu, Liu Bei throwing that baby, I might have to rewatch this again for like the 4th time.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

YoursTruly posted:

Just lemme get shot out of an airlock, cmon!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

kdrudy posted:

Just thinking about this and all his antics, the entire episode of Zhuge Liang loving with Zhou Yu, Liu Bei throwing that baby, I might have to rewatch this again for like the 4th time.

Not a baby, his baby.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

to be fair, Zhou Yun was definitely worth more than that failson #liubeiCANNOTdoanythingwrong

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's amazing seeing how much Liu Bei dick the novel sucks and I still come out thinking Cao Cao was the good guy. Except killing his uncle? randomly after fleeing the court early on. Also lol at the greatest tactician in Chinese history, Zhuge Liang, failing to invade the north five times.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
Three Kingdoms is right up your alley if you enjoy LoGH, and the TV adaptation is 95 episodes of glorious revelry. Big recommend.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Gaius Marius posted:

It's amazing seeing how much Liu Bei dick the novel sucks and I still come out thinking Cao Cao was the good guy. Except killing his uncle? randomly after fleeing the court early on. Also lol at the greatest tactician in Chinese history, Zhuge Liang, failing to invade the north five times.

Cao Cao was a good leader who was overly paranoid and had a bad fetish that nearly killed him on multiple occasions, it’s no wonder we love him nowadays.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Whomst amogus wouldn't have a cuckholder fetish as a powerful ancient warlord

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
absolutely riveted to figure out how this show fills the last 27 episodes

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TenementFunster posted:

It's dope till the end

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

TenementFunster posted:

Oh buddy, it's a loving rollercoaster.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
Long Live The Coalition Government of the Orphan and the Widow

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

I finished it and its a bit of an anticlimax but thats fine if it thats what it takes to stop any more Very Good Boys from dying in a pointless war.

Trunicht did nothing wrong, Oberstein did everything wrong

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I would argue that Oberstein remains one of the most compelling characters from the whole series.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

StrixNebulosa posted:

I would argue that Oberstein remains one of the most compelling characters from the whole series.

:yeah:

Dude rose up from doomed obscurity to be the right hand of the king for the rest of his career, doing wrong things for right reasons.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

I finally started a rewatch and Oberstein just showed up, and I was surprised at how pleased I was to see him. I also think he's one of the best-realized characters - I get the feeling he has read his Machiavelli better than anyone around him, both the lessons about ruthlessness in pursuit of your goals and the parts about virtue in politics.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer
He definitely had a Kissinger vibe too. Really, Oberstein was a master of realpolitik and accurate intelligence analysis. He's a great character

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Nah, Kissinger's dishonest self-promotion is that he is Oberstein, while he is actually a Truhicht.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Oberstein would die for what he believed in, Kissinger just won’t die

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

OddObserver posted:

Nah, Kissinger's dishonest self-promotion is that he is Oberstein, while he is actually a Truhicht.

:perfect:

Gotte drat that's on point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

TheKingofSprings posted:

Oberstein would die for what he believed in, Kissinger just won’t die

So its like he arranged for himself to get blown up because he knew this was the end of an era and his methods were no longer needed?