Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

WeaponX posted:

Only thing that guy ever ended is the maple leafs playoffs hopes

And his own career. That's two things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

corn on the cop posted:

So uh, there's more out there on Galchenyuk and I'll avoid posting the Twitter preview link because the details are quite sensitive:

https://www.12news.com/article/news...00-6cdc9c5d918d

drat he must've been drunk as gently caress!!!

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Why does Galchenyuk talk like a villain from a Frank Miller graphic novel?

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Anyone would lose their temper like that if they were being chastised for driving drunk and running over stuff with their car. It could happen to anyone. Who among us would not threaten to have an fat mid-30s police officer assassinated for daring to stop us from endangering people? Who among us has not threatened to harvest a child's organs?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Anyone would lose their temper like that if they were being chastised for driving drunk and running over stuff with their car. It could happen to anyone. Who among us would not threaten to have an fat mid-30s police officer assassinated for daring to stop us from endangering people? Who among us has not threatened to harvest a child's organs?

Let he who has not threatened vivisection of children cast the first stone.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Who among us has not threatened to harvest a child's organs?

I have to admit that I don't have the latest Rimworld DLC.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
I usually don’t like to threaten officers because, you know, it’s a psychopath with a gun.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Like was his dad sober in the passenger seat while he was doing all this? I’m so confused

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
lol of course his dad was there.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lmao the flyers

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

He can still avoid a second buyout if Mike Pence has the courage.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

https://twitter.com/JamesNicholsNHL/status/1679931676774809604?s=20

Okay sure

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

eXXon posted:

I have to admit that I don't have the latest Rimworld DLC.

:lol::lol:

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6v4-2a1lCU&t=7s

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

corn on the cop posted:

So uh, there's more out there on Galchenyuk and I'll avoid posting the Twitter preview link because the details are quite sensitive:

:yikes:

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
alex galchen...YUK!

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
The Galchenuk stuff is bordering on mental illness. Good lord.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

It's real tough being a Stats Guy and recommending to your boss that they play this player more and then he goes and threatens to eviscerate the wife and children of a police officer

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Duckman2008 posted:

The Galchenuk stuff is bordering on mental illness. Good lord.

Or severe substance abuse issues

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Eric the Mauve posted:

It's real tough being a Stats Guy and recommending to your boss that they play this player more and then he goes and threatens to eviscerate the wife and children of a police officer

This is a willingness and intent to commit bodily harm he never showed on the ice. Maybe if he did he'd have a better career.....

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Wonderllama posted:

I usually don’t like to threaten officers because, you know, it’s a psychopath with a gun.

He's white, it's fine.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

corn on the cop posted:

I’ll end your blood line is a pretty good beer league chirp tbh

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/evanderkane/status/1679927780509913089?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

https://twitter.com/theofficialhda/status/1679985621434085376?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Didn’t see this posted, Evander Kane got dunked on by the HDA

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

rex rabidorum vires posted:

This is a willingness and intent to commit bodily harm he never showed on the ice. Maybe if he did he'd have a better career.....

Katie Strang's update in the article specifies that he'd "make one call to Russia" to accomplish said organ harvesting. Between that and the racism, he's showing a previously unseen hockey sense by positioning himself for a triumphant "return" to Russia and the KHL.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

:five: :five: :five: :five:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

i always love what a chump skinner was in this situation considering chalmers was going to browbeat him over dating his mom

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

How does a 28 year-old Matt Dumba not have a contract going into the season? That's crazy. Tarasenko and Tatar are also unsigned.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

fawning deference posted:

How does a 28 year-old Matt Dumba not have a contract going into the season? That's crazy. Tarasenko and Tatar are also unsigned.

Most of the places worth playing don't have cap space? Or if they do, they need to sign 6 contracts in the 9m of space they have. So the option for where to sign is not great for the best UFA this off season. It's a bummer because he's still better than a ton of defenders in the league (as are Tarasenko and Tatar), but the premium is just too high

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Would think the Pens are too busy trying to set all their assets on fire for EK instead of doing the smarter thing and dumping Petry for Dumba.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
I'm also not willing to dismiss the idea he's getting Kaepernicked

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Maybe he signed with the Islanders and Lou's just keeping it in his desk drawer, as he does

Would think the Pens are too busy trying to set all their assets on fire for EK instead of doing the smarter thing and dumping Petry for Dumba.

Dumba is exactly what the Pens don't need

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Eric the Mauve posted:

Dumba is exactly what the Pens don't need

What an all situations right handed D man that gets up and down the ice? He's 28 whatever give him 6 years and Petry's 6 million per who cares. Just don't sign a loving Seth Jones or Darnell Nurse like deal. Someone on the right side has to take D zone deployment 'cause god knows Rutta blows at it and Petry/Letang really shouldn't be doing it either.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

It's all collusion. The players got absolutely killed in the CBA renegotiation during COVID and ownership have taken full advantage of that keeping salaries deflated by not signing certain players and just generally driving prices down. In 2019 you had guys like Panarin and Tavares getting $11m+ on the UFA market. Ownership didn't like the inflation so have pushed to keep salaries lower. Since then something like 5 players have had a UFA contract with a cap hit of more than $7m. Only two guys got the full 7 years this year, both to the Islanders. Players are being actively punished for taking the UFA route (which has historically elevated salaries league wide) and been forced to accept much smaller deals than they were offered. Gaudreau, Kadri and Klingberg are all great examples. Guys that were offered higher salaries to resign with their original teams than they received on the open market. In a fair system, that shouldn't happen and it's what is making the players so mad.

Ownership is gaming them again with deflated salaries and escrow payments that were as high as 20% at one point and will continue for years to come. The league signed two new American TV deals with ESPN while worldwide inflation has been 15-20% overall and the cap has stayed flat and salaries have gone down. The players look at other sports that have seen skyrocketing salaries in recent years and recognize how badly they've been played. I don't think people appreciate just how nasty the 2026 renegotiation will be. The players dumped Fehr and hired the literal Secretary of Labour to be their union president. He's not a lawyer, but a long time union leader with a history of winning contentious negotiations. This is a guy who stepped down as a pretty comfortable long-time Mayor of Boston to take a federal cabinet position, so clearly the NHLPA offered him a lot of money and oversight with the goal of punishing ownership for the last few god awful CBA negotiations. I don't think there's many in the industry who see 2026 (maybe earlier if the players vote to strike) as anything less than a major lockout that will at least flush half a season like 2012-13 if not another full year. It's gonna be bad, and ownership are doing everything they can to take advantage of the situation while goings are good.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

What an all situations right handed D man that gets up and down the ice? He's 28 whatever give him 6 years and Petry's 6 million per who cares. Just don't sign a loving Seth Jones or Darnell Nurse like deal. Someone on the right side has to take D zone deployment 'cause god knows Rutta blows at it and Petry/Letang really shouldn't be doing it either.

I know 29 is young for the Penguins but Dumba steeply declined last year and has noticeably lost speed. Which is probably why no one as yet has wanted to pay what his agent is asking for.

^^^ that's a great primer on why we're going to lose at least one full season when the CBA expires in summer of '25.

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jul 15, 2023

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Eric the Mauve posted:

I know 29 is young for the Penguins but Dumba steeply declined last year and has noticeably lost speed. Which is probably why no one as yet has wanted to pay what his agent is asking for.

Travis Yost has an article on this: https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/travis-yost-declining-performance-leaves-matt-dumba-feeling-contract-squeeze-1.1983877

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

The other thing to note is that Dumba hasn't gotten PP time since the injury in 18-19. A decent chunk of his numbers came from running the point on the PP, and he just doesn't have the shot anymore. His passing is still fine, and while his defensive positioning and ability pairs really well with Brodin, he's not a first pairing D anymore and is going to be a second pairing guy for the next 3-5 years. I think he could have had another contract with Minnesota if they had space, but it wasn't going to be a big number contract regardless of the buyouts eating the space.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

It's just as likely he'll be a 2nd pairing guy for 1-2 years and then a barely playable guy after that. When your wheels go, they go.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

So perfect for the Penguins? They need a 2nd pairing RD that isn't totally decrepit and can at least sometimes pass to the correct team and after that it's time to deep sea dive!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/penguins/status/1680204281264185346