Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

I don't remember if Mod Organizer does this automatically, but have you turned on archive invalidation? See this: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/articles/3831 .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

That's already done, yep

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Check the "profile" section in Mod Organizer 2. Are you using profile-specific Game Ini files? If so, are you editing the right one? Is the option for Automatic Archive Invalidation checked?

Also, try switching those two lines you posted, I've only ever see them the other way around. I don't think it should make a difference, but it's worth a go.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

ThaumPenguin posted:

Check the "profile" section in Mod Organizer 2. Are you using profile-specific Game Ini files? If so, are you editing the right one? Is the option for Automatic Archive Invalidation checked?

Also, try switching those two lines you posted, I've only ever see them the other way around. I don't think it should make a difference, but it's worth a go.

Mostly yes to all of this.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed
This might be a long shot, but I noticed your MO2 screenshot had "Fallout 4" in the upper right, where mine says "F4SE." If you have the FO4 Script Extender installed, change the launch option to that instead of the normal exe. If you don't have it, you might need it for those mods that arent working.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

beats for junkies posted:

This might be a long shot, but I noticed your MO2 screenshot had "Fallout 4" in the upper right, where mine says "F4SE." If you have the FO4 Script Extender installed, change the launch option to that instead of the normal exe. If you don't have it, you might need it for those mods that arent working.

I checked the mods they're using and they're all just straight audio file replacements, no F4SE needed.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Yeah, I don't have F4SE installed.

What a bummer

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Any recommended mods to let me tell Preston to gently caress off? I know I can just ignore him entirely but I wasn't sure if there was a way to be actively antagonistic towards him or not. Also any recommended mods to change up the main quest/factions?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Join the raiders in nuka world and preston stops talking to you

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I really miss Conqueror, an alternate version of Sim Settlements that did a much better job of "play as a raider" (you're encouraged to simply kill Preston & Company at the start)
hasn't been updated for a couple of years now and is in a broken state

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Bumper Stickup posted:

Any recommended mods to let me tell Preston to gently caress off? I know I can just ignore him entirely but I wasn't sure if there was a way to be actively antagonistic towards him or not. Also any recommended mods to change up the main quest/factions?

Whos the General. It makes it so that preston doesn't auto add quests.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:
I just ignore him and never go rescue him so he is in the museum forever. I'm probably in a minority that I hate the entire settlement system and wish it didn't exist though.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Flowing Thot posted:

I just ignore him and never go rescue him so he is in the museum forever. I'm probably in a minority that I hate the entire settlement system and wish it didn't exist though.

I always play survival so it's nice having outposts around, but I install a mod to turn off settlement attacks because I can't be bothered

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
god help me I'm modding fallout 4 again

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

tokin opposition posted:

god help me I'm modding fallout 4 again

Based on your avatar I recommend adding https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/50701 to your mod list

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Flowing Thot posted:

Right there with you, the settlement system sucks and the game would be far better without it.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

there should at least be a smaller number of them and more places that are populated by NPCs with names instead of "Settler"s. Maybe a lot of those places need help with infrastructure projects but make that quests to get materials or rare components rather than "Hello thank you for helping us with 1(One) Thing I am going to turn off my personality and let you call all the shots now"

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Relyssa posted:

Right there with you, the settlement system sucks and the game would be far better without it.

W r o n g

cus then we wouldn't have sim settlements which is good and fun

The Wonder Weapon posted:

Yeah, I don't have F4SE installed.

What a bummer

I was under the impression that basically everything needs F4SE, is this not the case?

Also have you checked the 'Overwrite' folder in MO? Like, I installed some presets at some point and had to search for the longest time why they didn't show up at character creation and it turned out there was a bunch of poo poo in that folder. It would take precedent over the actual mod folder while incomplete itself.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

heard u like girls posted:

I was under the impression that basically everything needs F4SE, is this not the case?

Not for things that are just file replacements. Swapping one file out for another doesn't need F4SE. There's very little reason to not have it installed anyway, though.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Relyssa posted:

Thanks to Sim Settlements though, you can let the game spend the first ten minutes rolling random cities at all the build sites! Complete with faction appropriate decoration and defenders.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

still waiting for them to bring back conqueror

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Yeah it bums me out Conqueror is just sitting there on the back burner :mad:

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

conquerer was great and was the only thing that got me even remotely interested in the system

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I like the settlement building :saddowns:

I learned that the boxcars make a great enclosed walkway that I can surround my settlements with. The AI can even properly path up there.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Leal posted:

I like the settlement building :saddowns:

I learned that the boxcars make a great enclosed walkway that I can surround my settlements with. The AI can even properly path up there.

I do enjoy marveling at the settlements folks have made but I have absolutely zero creativity and just can't come up with anything at all when I try to put something together.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Oh cool. Another one of those Arthmoor fuckups fixer mod.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/72679

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Tankbuster posted:

how long is it gonna take arthmoor to make an unofficial patch for starfield i wonder. -1 days?

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Unjokeingly, I would be unsurprised if he makes the "mod" as soon as the Starfield nexus page is created so he can make sure that he gets the name "Starfield Unoffical Patch."

And that FATE patch also adds their own werid changes. Some are completely harmless like "fill five water bottles instead of one" but there is stuff like adding perks to companions that is very much not a bug fix.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

heard u like girls posted:

W r o n g

cus then we wouldn't have sim settlements which is good and fun

Also have you checked the 'Overwrite' folder in MO? Like, I installed some presets at some point and had to search for the longest time why they didn't show up at character creation and it turned out there was a bunch of poo poo in that folder. It would take precedent over the actual mod folder while incomplete itself.

That folder is empty

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Twincityhacker posted:

Unjokeingly, I would be unsurprised if he makes the "mod" as soon as the Starfield nexus page is created so he can make sure that he gets the name "Starfield Unoffical Patch."

And that FATE patch also adds their own werid changes. Some are completely harmless like "fill five water bottles instead of one" but there is stuff like adding perks to companions that is very much not a bug fix.

eh, its more of a qol fix so you don't get things like companions triggering mines or something.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

What level would you do Far Harbor and Nuka World?

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Depends on when you want to do it. I generally do it after wrapping up the kellogg business and when the game tells me to go to the glowing sea. I have been thinking of running Nuka World Reborn and Viva Nuka World to cap out my make everything better run.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Tankbuster posted:

big 00f

The Wonder Weapon posted:

What level would you do Far Harbor and Nuka World?

Nuka World : Whenever you have Sneaking 3 so you don't trigger the gazillion mines and enough firepower to comfortably kill a raider boss in power armor.

Far Harbor : Whenever you feel like massacring hundreds of assorted giant gecko's, crabs and irradiated zealots.

Regardless, if you make it trough the respective 'intro's' to the DLC's, you can leave immediately afterwards and go back to Boston.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Make sure to take Nick with you on at least one run through of Far Harbor.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Tankbuster posted:

Just casually adding in killable children?

FO4 Fixes posted:

- Children are now protected instead of essential (only the Player can actually kill them).
- Power Armor Impact Landing should no longer make friendly and neutral NPCs hostile.
- Legendary Rust Devils are now equipped with Repair Kits, reduced Rust Devil encounters.
- Vertibirds have much more health, increased resistances and cannot be crippled any longer.
- Adjusted Movement Type values for both the Player and NPCs for more realistic movement.
- House Cats can now be moved to other settlements, and they increase settlement Happiness.

While plenty of things here are welcome additions, a lot of this does seem beyond the scope of a fix mod. As an example, the main reason the Yukichigai Unofficial Patch (YUP) for New Vegas was created was specifically because the then-standard fix mod implemented changes and content way beyond what people would expect, usually based on its creator's own ideas about what the game "should" be. There's a reason why the more "fundamental" Bethesda mods tend to be compartmentalized, each specializing in a particular thing. Users shouldn't need to add additional patches on top of your bugfix mod just to undo your personal preferences. At that point you're just Arthmoor again.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
the power armor thing is perhaps the only actual sensible fix. Rust devils/cats you can squint at, and the entire thing with arthmoor's patches was his team doing a "one for you, one for me" fix. Its egregious in skyrim because people pushed back.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Azhais posted:

Based on your avatar I recommend adding https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/50701 to your mod list

No.

Anyway, what's the best mod that adds cybernetics? Seems like a natural fit given the fact that, well, synths.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
theres a fumo mod for fallout 4.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

tokin opposition posted:

No.

Anyway, what's the best mod that adds cybernetics? Seems like a natural fit given the fact that, well, synths.

Synthetic Variations
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/54755
has a bunch of cool looking synth 'clothing'

If you actually want gear that does something there's the classic Cross Cybernetics i suppose

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8609

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Tankbuster posted:

theres a fumo mod for fallout 4.

not bad whats fumo with you