Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

armpit_enjoyer posted:

https://twitter.com/jortsthecat/status/1679938611955859456

ron perlman isn't loving around anymore wrt the WGA/SAG strike

Ron is such an awesome guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

armpit_enjoyer posted:

hope he’s emailing links to marighella to all his friends on signal

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

He almost sounds angrier than when people ask him if he plays Fallout. Almost.

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

Nuclear Tourist posted:

He almost sounds angrier than when people ask him if he plays Fallout. Almost.

Ron… Ron never changes.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

The actors & writers want to ban the tech, I pity them
The companies & capital want to monopolise the tech, I hate them
I want it free for all, because it's a fantastic brave new world

This is current events

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

armpit_enjoyer posted:

lol god drat ron

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

armpit_enjoyer posted:

Just thinking back to how good the first two seasons of Sons of Anarchy were.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Just thinking back to how good the first two seasons of Sons of Anarchy were.

Then it became all about that damned kid turning the main cast into babbling morons.

Shoulda just let Kellan give the baby to a good Catholic family.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I liked the IRA storyline, but it was pointless and went nowhere. Like much of the show, it was potentially a great storyline that got ruined by useless drama.

Henry Rollins as the Neo Nazi thug was a great casting choice.

I still don't understand how Sons was popular when Justified was a better show by every metric.

If anyone needs a shittier Bootleg of Sons, we now have Ranch Toxic Masculinity, Yellowstone.
(OK, look. I get that it's just clothes, and I'm the last guy who should be giving fashion advice since I regularly dress like a guy who gives you dumb side quests in FarCry, but it bugs the gently caress out of me seeing dudes dress like ranch hands who've never even smelled poo poo. It pisses me off that the guy who inherited an orchard leased by Mott's and maintained by Undocumented labor dressing like he is out on the cattle drive. Meanwhile, that gently caress couldn't tell you gently caress all about his own crop and drives a shiny truck that never gets used except for Costco runs. Small Strawberry Frosty, please.)

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

bulletsponge13 posted:

I still don't understand how Sons was popular when Justified was a better show by every metric.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Henry Rollins was absolutely phenomenal in season 2. He's such a nice guy and it's fantastic that he managed to absolutely perfectly channel the kind of person he absolutely hates for that performance just from his personal experiences dealing with neo-nazi pieces of poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClgJEjXT2ik

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Kazinsal posted:

Henry Rollins was absolutely phenomenal in season 2. He's such a nice guy and it's fantastic that he managed to absolutely perfectly channel the kind of person he absolutely hates for that performance just from his personal experiences dealing with neo-nazi pieces of poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClgJEjXT2ik

He's not a bad actor. He is either always cast well or chooses his projects extremely well. I know he is pretty typecast, but he's done some cool poo poo. He did a low budget horror movie, "The Last Heist" which was super fun.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Walton Goggins is so good that after Carrol O'Connor shot him to death on Heat of the Night they brought him back as a different character so Carrol O'Connor could shoot him again

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Walton Goggins' recurring role on Sons was also... fascinating. Started as a "lol trans people" joke, then bam, next season became a genuine character with a backstory and personal relationships, and ended with a serious romantic arc with a main character that wasn't played for jokes at all.

The early 2010s hit that show in some interesting ways.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Walton Goggins is the embodiment of that "where's your loving chin?" Preacher meme, and he leans into it so drat hard and well, especially in Justified.

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts
Remember Jeffrey Epstein’s main girl Ghislaine? She’s got beef in prison with Batman

https://twitter.com/noahwaybabes/status/1679983321110188039

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Elviscat posted:

Walton Goggins is the embodiment of that "where's your loving chin?" Preacher meme, and he leans into it so drat hard and well, especially in Justified.

Same for him in The Shield too.

I think we talked about this before but Rollins legit helped me (and later find out a lot of other people) figure out as a 19 year old hick from an ultraconservative evangelist family that gay people were fine and you should just let people be happy and who they want to be. First time hearing an edgy masculine tough guy just straight up talk about it in a non toxic way in one of his spoken word albums. A small but life changing event for me that came from a totally unexpected place. I’ll always respect him for that.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Goggins knocks it out on the various Danny McBride joints, especially Uncle Baby Billy on Gemstones.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

armpit_enjoyer posted:

Remember Jeffrey Epstein’s main girl Ghislaine? She’s got beef in prison with Batman

https://twitter.com/noahwaybabes/status/1679983321110188039

Not sure what this OnlyFans guy has to do with Ghislaine Maxwell.

This may be because I do not have a Twitter account.

e: Daily Mail story

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Jul 15, 2023

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts
yeah, sorry, here's a screenshot

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

armpit_enjoyer posted:

yeah, sorry, here's a screenshot

Even if it's made up, I will it to be true.

Itchy_Grundle
Feb 22, 2003

RFC2324 posted:

I know I got my forums issue cat

he rules

Same--best 10 bux ever spent.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The Venture Bros creators have pulled out of comiccon due to the actors/writers strike. The new movie was supposed to be screened there and now will not be happening.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Mr. Nice! posted:

The Venture Bros creators have pulled out of comiccon due to the actors/writers strike. The new movie was supposed to be screened there and now will not be happening.

Good. Solidarity.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Another reason to like the venture bros

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
And yet the henchmen dont have a union, curious.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Don't cross a picket line. Definitely don't cross a picket line that includes the Guild of Calamitous Intent.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

CommieGIR posted:

Good. Solidarity.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

bulletsponge13 posted:

If anyone needs a shittier Bootleg of Sons, we now have Ranch Toxic Masculinity, Yellowstone.
(OK, look. I get that it's just clothes, and I'm the last guy who should be giving fashion advice since I regularly dress like a guy who gives you dumb side quests in FarCry, but it bugs the gently caress out of me seeing dudes dress like ranch hands who've never even smelled poo poo. It pisses me off that the guy who inherited an orchard leased by Mott's and maintained by Undocumented labor dressing like he is out on the cattle drive. Meanwhile, that gently caress couldn't tell you gently caress all about his own crop and drives a shiny truck that never gets used except for Costco runs. Small Strawberry Frosty, please.)

Is this a comment on Yellowstone or Tay Tay Sher in general

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Wild combination of items in my feed this morning:

https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/1680216255821742083?t=x5EJqRtanmbJY03GW3ibew&s=19

https://twitter.com/JonLemire/status/1680222301864828929?t=bQRTA6SLk164CFY7aDhuQQ&s=19

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I can't believe anyone takes that dipshit serious. Besides not understanding science as a whole, he does nothing but spout lies and propaganda to build off his family name. A whole lot of revisionist stories about his Uncle (who was murdered before RFK, Jr hit puberty) and his political views, same again with his Dad. He's one Joe Rogan appearance from founding the Q party

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Aren't those the joe rogan curtains

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Milo and POTUS posted:

Most likely, he's been on Rogan multiple times spouting this stuff. There's a reason I consider Joe Rogan to be a Right Wing gateway, he pretends to be progressive and open minded but he espouses and supports Right Wing/Pseudoscience/Cult trash.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Serjeant Buzfuz posted:

Another reason to like the venture bros

Speaking of [adult swim], Space Ghost Coast to Coast and Metalocalypse were taken off Max because reasons while the rest of their catalog remains.

I hate streaming rights games.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

bulletsponge13 posted:

I can't believe anyone takes that dipshit serious. Besides not understanding science as a whole, he does nothing but spout lies and propaganda to build off his family name. A whole lot of revisionist stories about his Uncle (who was murdered before RFK, Jr hit puberty) and his political views, same again with his Dad. He's one Joe Rogan appearance from founding the Q party

Gotta hand it to him, Nixon did warn us about the Kennedys

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
issuing correction on a previous post of mine, regarding the us president nixon. you do not, under any circumstances, "gotta hand it to him"

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

been saying this

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

concerning

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

Yeah. Get a load of this dipshit

https://twitter.com/RottenInDenmark/status/1670885788782051328?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

If Wifi broke the blood brain barrier, it would have gotten a loving Nobel.