Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Buschmaki posted:

I'm not just going to stand around while someone badmouths the greatest city on the face of this country.

No one has bad mouthed NYC yet, and it would be p gauche to do so in this convo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
it's almost certainly an urban legend but i'm remembering the story of the man who worked in the world trade center and was cheating on his wife on 9/11; she calls him in a panic and he goes "i'm at the office, why what happened"

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Fortaleza posted:

I have vague memories of hearing that people in Houston were scared that the astrodome might be targeted too, lol c’mon guys

lol i lived in Wenatchee, WA and people were afraid that terrorists would fly a plane into the Grand coulee dam, would blow up the Hanford site, would destroy the space Needle, would bomb the Seattle viaduct

im pretty sure every city and town in the country looked at their most valued memorial or piece of infrastructure or business and assumed that al qaeda was already on the way for it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FF9 ftw

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I was like ten and I was mad my cartoons got cancelled

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

osama bin laden looking at the chuck the channel catfish statue in selkirk, manitoba and rubbing his hands maliciously

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Grassy Knowles posted:

No one has bad mouthed NYC yet, and it would be p gauche to do so in this convo

New Yorkers are the most dissolute and profligate people on the face of this earth

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Joey McChrist posted:

osama bin laden looking at the chuck the channel catfish statue in selkirk, manitoba and rubbing his hands maliciously

Lmao

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

we comin for you

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

FirstnameLastname posted:

link to post removed bc covid thread is Insanely paranoid rn and I don't want to draw brigadecrew poo poo itt, however the people deserve the truth

Sorry I already got the crew together to go give them covid.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Joey McChrist posted:

we comin for you

The terrorists hate us because we get to enjoy this

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

FirstnameLastname posted:

im pretty sure every city and town in the country looked at their most valued memorial or piece of infrastructure or business and assumed that al qaeda was already on the way for it

Same thing happened wrt Putin launching nukes at every strategically placed McDonald's near worried poster's residences.

My brother freaked the hell out even though he lives in a town of <4000 people

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Joey McChrist posted:

we comin for you

This McDonald's better serve the wildest variants of the Filet O Fish or what's the point?

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

I cried because Digimon wasn't on

we all suffered that day

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

this tho

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
AIDS was the original 9/11.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
PYF weird school day

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
I still remember when the OJ verdict got announced lol

I was in 1st or 2nd grade and none of us knew who he was or what he did but some teacher had a radio on to listen and we all went to recess or lunch excitedly cheering that he was innocent

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Grassy Knowles posted:

I was lurking the something awful forums

I actually was too after my boss left now that you mention it.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
when I was in 8th grade I got sent to the bad kids school because I kept skipping and I met another Goon but before i got his username he went to juvie for making bombs
spencer if u read this sup hmu lol

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Buschmaki posted:

I'm not just going to stand around while someone badmouths the greatest city on the face of this country.

Boston was one of like 12 cities they hung up those Mooninite led boards and also the only one that shut down the city and acted like it was 9/11 round 2.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
Boston: scared of lite brite

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

pentyne posted:

Boston was one of like 12 cities they hung up those Mooninite led boards and also the only one that shut down the city and acted like it was 9/11 round 2.

i remember when that happened lmao

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

A love that crushes like a mace.

sourdough posted:

I was in 1st or 2nd grade and none of us knew who he was or what he did but some teacher had a radio on to listen and we all went to recess or lunch excitedly cheering that he was innocent

I was mad that my parents took over the TV to watch the OJ trial (BORING) when I wanted to watch some Nickelodeon. This lasted the entire length of the trial.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

sourdough posted:

I remember my family the OJ trial at my (other) uncle’s house and being mad that the TV was being used so I couldn’t play the game I rented which was Jurassic Park: The Chaos Continues for SNES lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I remember my family the OJ trial at my (other) uncle’s house and being mad that the TV was being used so I couldn’t play the game I rented which was Jurassic Park: The Chaos Continues for SNES lol

oj would have wanted you to game

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol I got that game in a trade as a kid. finally beat it several years ago. I never even got close as a kid...

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
playing the other snes jurassic park game with first person segments and turning the game off after a velociraptor attacks me because it scared the poo poo out of me

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

playing the other snes jurassic park game with first person segments and turning the game off after a velociraptor attacks me because it scared the poo poo out of me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoxIFOoEBn0

"alan"

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Cuttlefush posted:

lol I got that game in a trade as a kid. finally beat it several years ago. I never even got close as a kid...

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

For some reason there’s a compilation of the 8- and 16-bit Nintendo Jurassic Park games coming out for the current consoles including both of those

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Pablo Nergigante posted:

For some reason there’s a compilation of the 8- and 16-bit Nintendo Jurassic Park games coming out for the current consoles including both of those

lol badass

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
im going to play the lovely jurassic park games on my nintendo switch

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lol hell yeah remastered ocean software games that dont tell you where to go or what to do and you die from everything lets loving go

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

not anymore he isnt

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Cuttlefush posted:

the sega one is pretty brutal but also fun.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the sega one is good the snes and nes ones not so much lol

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

The best part is that it was a self-requested 2 week probe. Also lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol hell yeah remastered ocean software games that dont tell you where to go or what to do and you die from everything lets loving go

the king of that might be the echo the dolphin games.