Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Charles Bukowski posted:

Man if I could Post on Awful App I would make such good ones, you have no idea. Gold Jerry, gold!

Slugworth is a fine IK and would be a fine mod.
Strictly speaking, they forgot to give me the ik buttons while Smugworth is gone, so it's hard to say for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Not you, Slugworth!

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I see an unpinned open Friday thread and a locked chat thread.

Once again, I wish to convey that I find this unacceptable.

Good morning.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Be the change you want to see.

Good morning.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Wendigee posted:

I see an unpinned open Friday thread and a locked chat thread.

Once again, I wish to convey that I find this unacceptable.

Good morning.

It's still technically Friday here but I went ahead and did the needful in case I forget to do it right at the stroke of midnight. In Pacific time, the best time zone.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I just post and don't give a gently caress. Why, as a mod, do you give a gently caress?

Also, What is a mod? Or an Admin for that matter?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Questions for the ages, indeed.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Zeluth posted:

I just post and don't give a gently caress. Why, as a mod, do you give a gently caress?

A miserable pile of spreadsheets

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Rust Martialis posted:

A miserable pile of spreadsheets

Akshyually spreadsheets are banned

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Zeluth posted:

I would posit that you don't post. A post is an opinion, not a youtube link

You're a compulsive spammer like a rereg

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Charles Bukowski posted:

I would posit that you don't post. A post is an opinion, not a youtube link

You're a compulsive spammer like a rereg

I wonder what my end game could be?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Probably just posting videos you like, but you don't label them, and it feels like a quantity compulsion rather than a quality post.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Thank you for your feedback. I have been internalizing my own sense of worth for too long.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Both of you take it to PMs

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
When you probe Greg for Greg posts, what's the threshold to make you take action Seth? He's your pet.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I want to play to play some sort of game with this guy, but wrassling doesn't seem his deal.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

Charles Bukowski posted:

When you probe Greg for Greg posts, what's the threshold to make you take action Seth? He's your pet.

remember you're not supposed to rub their noses in the mess they make. they're not smart enough to connect the action of "pooping everywhere" with the punishment of "getting their noses rubbed in it". if anything, it just makes them scared to poop.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Both of you take it to PMs

Genuine feedback:

When you say in '22 you're gonna ban the guy, and then personally probe him 19 more times including a month off...kind of exactly paints what you guys say doesn't happen in GBS re: pets, and you specifically.

Now I'll take my probe cause I don't post in here enough.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

iwentdoodie posted:

Genuine feedback:

When you say in '22 you're gonna ban the guy, and then personally probe him 19 more times including a month off...kind of exactly paints what you guys say doesn't happen in GBS re: pets, and you specifically.

You won't be probed because you don't 'post in here enough' unless you say "probe me" fyi.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

iwentdoodie posted:

Genuine feedback:

Yeah no you're not going to be probed

I get where you're coming from on this and it's something we do have to discuss

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Yeah no you're not going to be probed

I get where you're coming from on this and it's something we do have to discuss

I actually agree with their feedback, so good.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
free stux

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Hey, they just said what I said only with better words. Lol I worked through a probe I didn't know I had.

Genuinely, why? The dudes that get a probe every single day for dumbass posting seem interchangeable. Just go read Arfjason or something.

If anything, free Martin Random. That vleykin has a bloodlust for old goon posters. The heck was he even permad for, his falconry twitter owns. He has such classic gbs stories, he's a real patriarch.

Charles Bukowski fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jul 16, 2023

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

He's not even worth that much! :dadjoke:

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Charles Bukowski posted:

Hey, they just said what I said only with better words. Lol I worked through a probe I didn't know I had.

Genuinely, why? The dudes that get a probe every single day for dumbass posting seem interchangeable. Just go read Arfjason or something.

If anything, free Martin Random. That vleykin has a bloodlust for old goon posters. The heck was he even permad for, his falconry twitter owns. He has such classic gbs stories, he's a real patriarch.

He mentioned off-handedly that his ex put a restraining order on him, and oh yeah he's been buying guns that he plans to use for 'something' and got all 'ehe, I think my ex will like this' combined with 'I WANNA SHOOT PEOPLE' kinda posting. Uhhh do not stan for him.

EDIT: To put it more simply: He got guns and implied he was going to retaliate against the restraining order on him with them.

Kchama fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jul 16, 2023

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Kchama posted:

He mentioned off-handedly that his ex put a restraining order on him, and oh yeah he's been buying guns that he plans to use for 'something' and got all 'ehe, I think my ex will like this' combined with 'I WANNA SHOOT PEOPLE' kinda posting. Uhhh do not stan for him.

lol thought this was about stux for a minute and thought he had undergone an incredible heel turn after trolling the stadia and steam deck threads

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Kchama posted:

EDIT: To put it more simply: He got guns and implied he was going to retaliate against the restraining order on him with them.
Unclear why a guy with access to trained falcons would need a gun, but yeah, seems like a good ban.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol thought this was about stux for a minute and thought he had undergone an incredible heel turn after trolling the stadia and steam deck threads

Lmao

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
i think the threadbans are a bad idea both because thread bans traditionally dont work outside the politics forums and because its just going to bringing negative attention down onto the thread and gbs causing even more trolling the probes coming days later even if it was because of an admin needing to approve them is also not a good look .

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I think they work great and should be used even more

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i think the threadbans are a bad idea both because thread bans traditionally dont work outside the politics forums and because its just going to bringing negative attention down onto the thread and gbs causing even more trolling the probes coming days later even if it was because of an admin needing to approve them is also not a good look .

Threadbans for one dude who made two posts in the thread and one who made three seems... Uh.. Not good?

You wanna punish people trolling, go for it, but seriously? "Every post you make in this thread from now on will cost you $10" seems way overboard and more like trying to continue the forum wars bullshit that keeps dragging this place down.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I paid my ten dollars for moderated forums and by gum that's what I've received over the years, for better or worse. If someone is a consistent stick in the spokes of a specific thread, telling them to go find something else to do away from this one in particular isn't unreasonable, is it?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Charles Bukowski posted:

I paid my ten dollars for moderated forums and by gum that's what I've received over the years, for better or worse. If someone is a consistent stick in the spokes of a specific thread, telling them to go find something else to do away from this one in particular isn't unreasonable, is it?

OK, so is two posts the Official GBS Threshold for Threadbans, or three?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Charles Bukowski posted:

none of the people probed had posted in this thread for days amd had probably already forgotten about it probing and threadbanning them now just brings attention back to it lol

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jul 16, 2023

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Cthulu Carl posted:

OK, so is two posts the Official GBS Threshold for Threadbans, or three?
Let's call it three. Unban the two post guy, so he can immediately come back to poo poo post, and then thread ban him.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

oh no not the troll posters barbara streisand effect

pacerwpg
Apr 18, 2023
Valuable discussion about the future of gbs, don't miss out on gems like 'not enough emptyposting':

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4036781

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Telling people to knock it off and tolling them if they don't ONLY ever makes them post more. Moderation has never worked, not once.

Guess we shouldn't moderate anything, ever.

Charles Bukowski posted:

Toxic Mental posted:

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Toxic Mental posted:

Yeah it does seem like things had run its course and going back and hitting a handful of posts from a couple of days ago is just going to make people want to show up to see what's going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

KazigluBey posted:

Telling people to knock it off and tolling them if they don't ONLY ever makes them post more. Moderation has never worked, not once.

Guess we shouldn't moderate anything, ever.

Not what I said at all, but sure, go off.