Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

yeah he's basically playing Timothy McVeigh in that movie. i'm sure it was a huge stretch for him.

I give it 50-50 odds that the director just pulled him aside and said his character is actually the hero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

He wore the mason tie and gave the game away

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
why is he so red

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I listened to the QAnon Anonymous episode about the movie where in the second half of the episode they spoke to the two Vice writers who have been investigating OUR for awhile. Based on what they said, OUR is very transparently just a grift to get rich right-leaning people to donate. Apparently Tony Robbins (yes that guy) is a big donor of theirs and Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin has gone on at least one of the 'rescue raids' that OUR has done. Which mostly involves them rushing a bunch of untrained people with guns into a foreign small town and either kidnapping actual sex workers or pissing off local law enforcement. They also talked about how OUR is essentially used as a springboard for Ballard to get money to all of his other business ventures which includes essential oil crap.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
(looks up from paper) Dr. Danzig said that ...?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOZVg_s6FIU

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I have a special kind of gender dysphoria where I need the doctor to add 3 more dicks to my body

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

small penis guy spotted

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

I'd say he's trying for the KONY 2012 speedrun but the Kony guy went from movie-driven stardom to public masturbator in what, two weeks?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I'm still not quite sure what KONY even was.

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009
A psyop

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I see KONY 2012 as one of those events where we all collectively hit a wall and realized this or that technological development was not going to magically make the world better just by existing.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Halloween Jack posted:

I see KONY 2012 as one of those events where we all collectively hit a wall and realized this or that technological development was not going to magically make the world better just by existing.
This, but also
It really felt like the beta test of something

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Probably to see the effects (and limitations) of online activism. Feel like that was the first kind of hashtag protest.

Who knows but it's fun to guess and drive yourself crazy.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
Man Person of Interest was a good watch. Had no idea the lead was so weird and incompetent.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Quotey posted:

Man Person of Interest was a good watch. Had no idea the lead was so weird and incompetent.

The early seasons are pretty good, the show gets bad after Carter dies.

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/bad_takes/status/1680386528231473152?s=46&t=8eGAks3mGgDHUb4Mz4yNSw

The NYPost article itself is insane ravings

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Just make Hesse the 5th mic already I love her so much.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Jonas Albrecht posted:

She made a Cruelty Squad reference so I agree.

Snuff Melange
May 21, 2021

...some men,
you just can't reach.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
"Joshua's Ladder." loving twinks.

Kagon
Jan 25, 2005

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

It really felt like the beta test of something
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioVMoeCbrig

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

It's nice to learn about new types of guys. Wouldn't have known about circuit gays otherwise.

Snuff Melange
May 21, 2021

...some men,
you just can't reach.

Hearing about Jacque's deranged GHB fiend friends was already killing me but then Jacques dropping the, "they were up before me" casually sent me to outer space. I will never get tired of Jacques lore.

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007
I don't know what these people look like. Hesse is a girl and not a gay guy?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

net work error posted:

It's nice to learn about new types of guys. Wouldn't have known about circuit gays otherwise.
It's always hit-or-miss when Felix-style individuals just talk about random Internet freaks, but this was a good 'un.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Brigadier Sockface posted:

I don't know what these people look like. Hesse is a girl and not a gay guy?

I think she is a trans lady?? She was very good in the recent movie mindset series.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Yes, she is.

I think I've finally reached the level of bisexuality where I don't know if other people read someone as femme or masc.

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007
Ah

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
People really hear a woman say "before I transitioned" and ask if they're a lady.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

People really hear a woman say "before I transitioned" and ask if they're a lady.

It does explain alot about what comes out of this thread

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Still lolling at Jacques' nemesis

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

No clue about the exact timeline but I'm pretty sure he's been bragging about the movie at QAnon conferences. He's been weird and into right-wing conspiracy stuff for a while, definitely for all of Person of Interest.

He's using Q to sell tickets.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Halloween Jack posted:

Yes, she is.

I think I've finally reached the level of bisexuality where I don't know if other people read someone as femme or masc.

I just recently achieved this same level of heterosexuality.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Goon social blindness finding new forms

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Halloween Jack posted:

Yes, she is.

I don't think "bisexuality" is the word you want.

Perhaps the word is "face-blindness"?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
All podcasters look basically the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Halloween Jack posted:

All podcasters look basically the same.

I have been shocked how many podcasters don't have faces made for radio