Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

SG Bamboo posted:

NJPW G1 Climax 33 Night 1 July 15th
MOTYC
Ren Narita vs Shota Umino
- These two are going to be rivals for the next decade and I love it

Kaito Kiyomiya vs Yota Tsuji
- Welcome to the G1 kid

Will Ospreay vs Taichi
- Some questionable selling from Billy aside this loving rocked

HM
Kazuchika Okada vs Great O-Khan

Nth

I actually quite liked Hikuleo v sanada but not quite an hm level match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

- Welcome to the G1 kid

Nth to these.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Decided to do a bit of catch up before getting fully Back In (after a false start with SakGen awhile back) with the G1 and so I watched Dontaku and Dominion a week or two ago but never posted about em in here so before we get to the current stuff:

Wrestling Dontaku [5.3.23]
MOTYC
NJPW World TV Title - Zack Sabre Jr. (c) vs Jeff Cobb
IWGP World Heavyweight Title - SANADA (c) vs Hiromu Takahashi

HM
NEVER Openweight Trios Titles - Strong Style (c) vs Okada/Ishii/Tanahashi

Dominion [6.4.23]
MOTYC
NJPW World TV Title - Zack Sabre Jr. (c) vs Jeff Cobb
IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title - Hiromu Takahashi (c) vs Master Wato
IWGP World Heavyweight Title - SANADA (c) vs Yota Tsuji

HM
IWGP US Heavyweight #1 Contendership - Will Ospreay vs Lance Archer
IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles - Intergalactic Jet-Setters (Kushida & Kevin Knight) (c) vs Catch 2/2 (TJP & Francesco Akira)

And finally, from tonight:

G1 Climax 33 - Night 1 [7.15.23]
MOTYC
A BLOCK: Shota Umino vs Ren Narita
A BLOCK: Yota Tsuji vs Kaito Kiyomiya
B BLOCK: Taichi vs Will Ospreay

HM
B BLOCK: Kazuchika Okada vs Great O-Khan
B BLOCK: Yoshi-Hashi vs El Phantasmo

if you only have time to watch one of these make it tsuji and kaito that match loving ruled

TriffTshngo fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Jul 15, 2023

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NOAH One Night Dream July 15th
MOTYC
Kento Miyahara vs Katsuhiko Nakajima
- Action was fantastic as expected but the partisan crowd absolutely made this

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

2nded

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MOTYC: Kento Miyahara vs. Katsuhiko Nakajima - NOAH One Night Dream 7/15

I went in with overly high expectations and it surpassed them. Every so often NOAH (with a little help from All Japan's Kento of course!) reminds me why I keep coming back to watch despite some of their astonishingly bad booking choices.

closet statist
Mar 9, 2010

Rarity posted:

HM: Yota Tsuji vs. Kaito Kiyomiya, NJPW G1 Climax 33 Night 1, 15/07

Welcome to the big leagues kid

nth. this was awesome, yota is a star

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
PWG Battle of Los Angeles Night 1, January 7

HM: Bryan Keith vs. SB KENTo
HM: Komander vs. Latigo
HM: Jonathan Gresham vs. Jordynne Grace
MOTYC: Konosuke Takeshita vs. Michael Oku
HM: Daniel Garcia vs. Titus Alexander
MOTYC: Bandido vs. Black Taurus vs. El Hijo del Vikingo

PWG Battle of Los Angeles Night 2, January 8

HM: Jordynne Grace vs. Mike Bailey
HM: Konosuke Takeshita vs. Titus Alexander
HM: Bryan Keith vs. Masha Slamovich
HM: Bandido vs. Komander
MOTYC: Mike Bailey vs. Shun Skywalker
HM: Aramis & Rey Horus vs. Black Taurus & Latigo

I still have the semis, finals, and special guests tag match on night two to watch.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

- Welcome to the G1 kid

Will Ospreay vs Taichi

HM

Nth

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
MOTYC
These boys are going to main event Wrestle Kingdom one day and it's gonna be rad

HM

I still haven't finished watching Dominion I should get on that cause Tsuji is loving great.

Will Ospreay vs Taichi

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
PWG Battle of Los Angeles Night 2, January 8

HM: Bryan Keith vs. Mike Bailey
HM: Jericho Appreciation Society vs. Evil Uno, Jonathan Gresham, Kevin Blackwood, Michael Oku & SB KENTo
MOTYC: Konosuke Takeshita vs. Mike Bailey

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
MOTYC: Alan Angels vs. "Speedball" Mike Bailey vs. Jonathan Gresham vs. Kevin Knight vs. KUSHIDA vs. Jake Something in Ultimate X49, Impact Wrestling Slammiversary XXI 7/15

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MOTYC: FTR (C) vs. Bullet Club Gold (White & Robinson) in a 2-out-of-3 Falls match for the AEW Tag Titles - AEW Collision 7/15

Last week they had a MOTYC to set up this match. This week they elevated so far beyond that match it's unbelievable. The crowd was white-hot, both teams were incredible in the ring, the nearfalls were works of art, the pacing was perfect, and the time just sailed by and the match NEVER felt like it was spinning its wheels or making up time. Also the Riccaboni/McGuinness commentary pairing was excellent and Nigel losing his loving mind at how good the match was ruled.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: FTR (C) vs. Bullet Club Gold (White & Robinson) in a 2-out-of-3 Falls match for the AEW Tag Titles - AEW Collision 7/15

Last week they had a MOTYC to set up this match. This week they elevated so far beyond that match it's unbelievable. The crowd was white-hot, both teams were incredible in the ring, the nearfalls were works of art, the pacing was perfect, and the time just sailed by and the match NEVER felt like it was spinning its wheels or making up time. Also the Riccaboni/McGuinness commentary pairing was excellent and Nigel losing his loving mind at how good the match was ruled.

nth

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah agreed

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jerusalem posted:

Nth. What an incredibly great match

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Nth.

Holy poo poo. HOLY poo poo.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Jerusalem posted:

it was an hour+ match that legit felt under 20mins. loving incredible match.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Nth. I'll add that the commercial placement and pacing was excellent and these guys worked their asses off

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

HM: ruby soho vs willow nightingale, owen hart final. Being a compelling match in its own right after the previous match

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

oh HELL YEAH
nth

closet statist
Mar 9, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

nth - wonderful

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Captain Foo posted:

HM: ruby soho vs willow nightingale, owen hart final. Being a compelling match in its own right after the previous match

Nth. A bit short but that Pounce.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

Jerusalem posted:

An unnecessary +1 but god drat this match was good.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Can someone please link that BCG/FTR match when it goes online, big fan of Jay and i've enjoyed matches with the other three in the past

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
AEW Collision 7/15

MOTYC: FTR vs Bullet Club Gold
HM: Willow Nightingale vs Ruby Soho
HM: CM Punk vs Ricky Starks

AEW Battle of the Belts 7
HM: Orange Cassidy vs Lance Archer

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

AEW Collision 7/15

MOTYC: FTR vs Bullet Club Gold

Nth all these.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jerusalem posted:

absolute loving masterpiece. holy poo poo

Captain Foo posted:

yeah. and the followup to that tag match. imagine following that. they did real good

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
WMOTYC: Vampiro, Jack Evans, and Aramis vs Pagano, Besita 666, Mecha Wolf - AAA Triplemania XXXI Tijuana 7/15

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

WMOTYC: Vampiro, Jack Evans, and Aramis vs Pagano, Besita 666, Mecha Wolf - AAA Triplemania XXXI Tijuana 7/15

Yeah

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
MOTYC Kento Miyahara vs Katsuhiko Nakajima - NOAH One Night Dream July 15th

This was the best match of the day by far.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MOTYC: Ambulance Match QT Marshall vs Pentagon JR, Triplemania 07/15

Perfection.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

flashy_mcflash posted:

Perfection.

the purest form of real professional wrestling I have ever seen, nth

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

flashy_mcflash posted:

Perfection.

This was legendary nth

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

AEW Collision 7/15

Yeah agreed

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

- Welcome to the G1 kid

Will Ospreay vs Taichi

HM

Yeah agreed

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Antifaz del Norte, Dinamico, & Gringo Loco vs. Dralistico, Hijo del Vikingo, & Laredo Kid, AAA 4/8

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Finished Impact Wrestling Slammiversary, which all these are from (7/15):

HM: The Coven (c) vs. Killer Kelly & Masha Slamovich for the Impact Knockouts World Tag Team Championship
MOTYC: Deonna Purrazzo (c) vs. Trinity for the Impact Knockouts World Championship
HM: Alex Shelly (c) vs. Nick Aldis for the Impact World Championship

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi - NJPW G1 Climax Night 2 7/16

Zack is the perfect opponent for current day Tanahashi, who also wrestled a very smart match. Good chemistry between them and very, very clever in the way they told their story and got the crowd fully invested by the finish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

WMOTYC: EVIL vs. Tama Tonga - NJPW G1 Climax Night 2 7/16

It's been the same old poo poo for at least 2 years now if not longer and it was loving terrible when it started. Please end the House of Torture.

HM: Jeff Cobb vs. Tetsuya Naito - NJPW G1 Climax 2 7/16

Cobb and Naito have great chemistry together and this was a cool as hell main event.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Jul 16, 2023