Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

withak posted:

I thought that was just a weird New Yorker thing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

withak posted:

I thought that was just a weird New Yorker thing!

They modify the sound of a vowel. So, in reemergence, it looks like it should be three syllables: ree mer gence. But in reëmergence, the diaresis indicates the second 'e' has a different sound, so you get re ə mer gence.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Yes, The New Yorker magazine uses it a lot. Pretty sure they have a special thesaurus that lets you find synonyms that are diereses so as to maximize their use.

withak fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jul 14, 2023

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
I ate some bad casserole once and had dieresis all day.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Prime Minister Benjamin Dieresis

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Hippocrass posted:

I ate some bad casserole once and had dieresis all day.

Ray: You know how much hip-hop I listen to. How come I never heard of dieresis?

Roast Beef: It ain't like Snoop Dogg wants people knowing about the time he couldn't find a McDonald's and had to pull his Tommys around his ankles while his hoes held up a beach towel

Jon
Nov 30, 2004
this is umlaut to take in about dieresis

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
So is the legal path to owning the first cookbook currently a subscription to the Patreon, and if so, what tier?

I didn't have a local copy earlier so I had to pull the flavor burgers recipe off the Wayback Machine.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Onstad's charging $15 here https://www.patreon.com/Achewood/shop/achewood-cookbook-vol-1-303

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Thank you.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Ok Comboomer posted:

why don’t you ask Onstad?

amateur hour, I just looked up the poster for Peel-Out Summer on IMDB for the answer.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

amateur hour, I just looked up the poster for Peel-Out Summer on IMDB for the answer.

Incidentally go look up the car from "Corvette Summer" which was an actual movie starring actual actor Mark Hamill, and see if it doesn't make you want to swear off knowing what tires are on your car ever again

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe
i feel like a good old fashioned fyf is all we were missing

its kind of embarrassing how much happiness this brings me

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

Sexual Lorax posted:

i feel like a good old fashioned fyf is all we were missing

its kind of embarrassing how much happiness this brings me

Yeah this one really spoke to me

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

tHROW SOME D"s ON THAT BIZNATCH

Strange Cares posted:

Yeah this one really spoke to me

The restaurant thing in particular, it is a fallen world in which we live and the bastards will not be content until every atom is monetized and securitizes

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Beef's rage is valid, yet I feel his father in law would rage similarly when a "Menu" is introduced instead of an honest Welsh bill of fare. This is the eternal flow that is the gently caress You Friday.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Uncle George rages similarly when a restaurant is expected to "have food" and not just be a place where Uncle George goes to hang out away from Aunt Nina.

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

bloody ghost titty posted:

The restaurant thing in particular, it is a fallen world in which we live and the bastards will not be content until every atom is monetized and securitizes

drat dude you just read the words out loud that were printed on the inside of my heart

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Beef calling Ray "Buddha-chuckle rear end" while hating on Facetime speaks hard to me too. Classic FYF through and through.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Ah gently caress You Friday, how I've missed you

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://twitter.com/NoneMoreNegativ/status/1683939152788611073

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Ray has thoughts about utopia, but more surprisingly, Ray knows what a valence electron is

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
"Taco Bell Dog and Insurance Lizard all starrin’ in Different Seinfeld together, new episode every night" isn't immediately what springs to my mind when I think of utopia, but I admit I'd be intrigued to see it

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

"Christ died for this?"

What a great line.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Phy posted:

Ray has thoughts about utopia, but more surprisingly, Ray knows what a valence electron is

I feel like "Ray knows about and has something profound to say about a random intellectual topic, then goes right back to being the guy who cuts his tongue licking a sour cream lid" is core Ray characterization

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

Antivehicular posted:

I feel like "Ray knows about and has something profound to say about a random intellectual topic, then goes right back to being the guy who cuts his tongue licking a sour cream lid" is core Ray characterization

If he gets too smart, he just goes to his hypnotist to get him back to where he can get music on his iPod three out of ten tries.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

New comic up, New comic awesome

I'd share more but Comcast is still blocking my VPN those dicks

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

God, none of those are even exaggerations, this is just how listening to right-wing men on the internet sounds these days.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I always figured the secret to receiving coded messages from Robert Plant was bong hoots

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

"Pentagram Sam submitted Triangle Man in the Octagon!" has some serious Hog and Prawn energy

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

zetamind2000 posted:

"Pentagram Sam submitted Triangle Man in the Octagon!" has some serious Hog and Prawn energy

AAAIIIGHT!

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

RocketMermaid posted:

God, none of those are even exaggerations, this is just how listening to right-wing men on the internet sounds these days.

All that's missing is the ads for sex pest-approved dick pills and minority killer black coffee

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer

Onstad's Patreon posted:

[...]the success of Achewood on Patreon has allowed me to begin new books, to plan new animated projects, and even design next-level artwork, clothing, toys, and games[.]

The cycle of stupidity begins anew.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Cookbook Three, Cookbook Three, Cookbook Three!

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Goons help me where ohnorobot has failed: where is the strip where Ray and Teodor are playing golf (in a scenario where they're strangers) and Ray excuses his lovely play by saying he let scientists chop his dick off. It ends with BEST FRIENDS FOREVER or something

I found it!

https://achewood.com/2008/09/10/title.html

Perfect Friends

Party Boat fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jul 31, 2023

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

dry old jícama is lousy, but bite into a fresh, juicy one and I don't know what the problem is. Even less so if you add tajín and lime

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
Somehow I had no clue DUDEMEAL was referencing a real actual Taco Bell promotion known as "Fourthmeal". If she is a down girl she will eat Fourthmeal.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Jicama is a swear word in my house. Perhaps a Canadian supermarket isn't the best place to find one that's easy to work with or appropriately sized for what you need it for, though.

E: there is no way in hell I could have "bit into one", loving thing was roughly the size and toughness of an ankylosaur's tail club

Phy fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jul 31, 2023

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Glad the Patreon is working out for Onstad. Seems like a good model for him to finally make a living off the work and keep motivated. I'm happy to subscribe since the return's quality has been high and I've been missing reading Achewood ever week, but I'll probably skip any other merch or books not done with a publisher given his track record.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

I live 30 minutes from Mexico and can get insanely fresh jicama, and even with that it still basically just answers the question "What if an apple tasted like nothing?"