Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

ilmucche posted:

Lmao excellent, great spot.

I mean, everyone has had the shits hit them at random times, but the person just bounced in top 8 contention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Toshimo posted:

lol this guy don't even know about quad sleeving

pretty soon mfers are gonna need to use bcw longboxes for their decks

edit: I'm gonna die laughing the first time someone reports their sleeves fusing together and either damaging or not being able to remove their cards from them

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

laughs in Battle of Wits

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

You don't even know a fraction of my true power...

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

[img-that.yugioh.meme.deck.jpg]

Yoked
Apr 3, 2007

Make Battle of Wits legal in every constructed format, WotC.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Silhouette posted:

[img-that.yugioh.meme.deck.jpg]

Legally you could recreate that deck as a magic deck, altho obviously youd be dqed game 1 for not being able to shuffle it properly

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I googled thickest yugioh deck assuming it's an image of a deck sleeved in plastic hardcase PSA shells or something. That was not what I got lol

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
googling "yugioh thick"? in this economy??

Zalmun
Jan 17, 2008

It'sa me!

Nap Ghost
Pulled this today:

Zalmun fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jul 16, 2023

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Cool card that I can’t tell what it is or does gj

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
look at this scrub who can't read tengwar

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:
Look at this Cryptic Command hater, smh

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Cool card that I can’t tell what it is or does gj

5 points if you know what this does without assistance

50 points if you know what this does without assistance

and lol

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Counter/bounce/draw/tap down their board
Etb draw, landfall x1 gain 4 life x2 make WURG x3 dome your opponents and their planeswalkers for 4
First strike, deeathtouch
When it attack, sac a land and draw a card, opponents creatures and nonbasics etb tapped

what do I win

Edit: gently caress, checked scryfall and frogrider barbie can sac lands or creatures, and you also can play an additional land lmao that card has too much fuckin text

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Isn't cryptic counter/bounce/tap/draw? I think there's some edge case where the order of resolution makes a difference, but I might be thinking of Kaya's guile

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
Ah, but can you choose tap if your opponent has hexproof?

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

mossyfisk posted:

Ah, but can you choose tap if your opponent has hexproof?

Yes, and it's all opponents

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Zalmun posted:

Pulled this today:

Great pull, these are going for over a grand

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

lol I hadn't seen that they made a textless thalia+gitrog. that's even more of a troll than the omnath

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
the textless king: https://www.reddit.com/r/magicthecirclejerking/comments/kljz67/mpr_are_returning_quick_look_at_the_newest/

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

5 points if you know what this does without assistance

50 points if you know what this does without assistance

and lol

Imo these look so dumb

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Honestly, Chains of Mephistopheles isn't even that complicated. It was just obscenely wordy (and badly, at that) when it was printed, but it can be simplified pretty easily to "if you would draw an extra card, discard first before that draw. If you can't discard, mill instead of drawing." Even with Cryptic Command, remembering which modes target and which order they're in can matter for weird corner cases.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Johnny Truant posted:

Imo these look so dumb

All cards should have text less versions. I'm not ready for them now, I've been playing Magic only since Unfinity. But I assume once I get good, stop picking draft colours before the first pack is opened and such I will be ready for text less Magic like I assume all of those who have been playing for 5-10+ years can do. The end goal is to not need cards at all, just something to shuffle the mental order of the cards.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Khanstant posted:

The end goal is to not need cards at all, just something to shuffle the mental order of the cards.

Magic as Richard Garfield, Ph.D. intended.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Khanstant posted:

All cards should have text less versions. I'm not ready for them now, I've been playing Magic only since Unfinity. But I assume once I get good, stop picking draft colours before the first pack is opened and such I will be ready for text less Magic like I assume all of those who have been playing for 5-10+ years can do. The end goal is to not need cards at all, just something to shuffle the mental order of the cards.

I look forward to playing against your imaginary deck! :sax:

God of Mischief
Oct 22, 2010

Khanstant posted:

Mental Magic is a thing. You shuffle up a deck of cards, but they are any card with that type and casting cost that you can think of instead. No casting duplicates!

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Khanstant posted:

"why yes, I just so happened to mentally draw my four copies of counterspell in my top 10 cards of my mind-deck. it's been the same for every other game I've played? look buddy it's probability, read a math textbook some time"

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
It's mental magic so you can imagine the impartial certified judge-dealer who risks prison time and MtG disbarment, that all games of Magic should have out of the pack. These tiny pack sized dealers can be trusted to fairly deal cards psychically.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

The next step in "are judges cops?": does "kill the cop in your head" apply to the judge in your head too?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Judges being cops explains why the one I play with keeps killing my Rin and Seri.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
I'm on the east coast for a while and at a Commander night in TN there was a cop wearing his badge playing in a pod. Haven't seen that on the west coast.

I've played in 3 states now and every store has a player that gets rules questions hurled across the room at them. Is this an elected position?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

JawnV6 posted:

I'm on the east coast for a while and at a Commander night in TN there was a cop wearing his badge playing in a pod. Haven't seen that on the west coast.

I've played in 3 states now and every store has a player that gets rules questions hurled across the room at them. Is this an elected position?

In my experience the person who gets rules questions is a judge who isn't actually judging the event.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
If i saw a literal cop at a game store thatd be a pretty big reason to immediately leave and never return, gently caress pigs lol

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

mandatory lesbian posted:

If i saw a literal cop at a game store thatd be a pretty big reason to immediately leave and never return, gently caress pigs lol

when he "civil forfeitures" one of your permanents tell him it has fentanyl dust on it

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
I guess the limited thread died and everybody plays on arena now anyway but this was my first LOTR draft. Was a pretty fun brew:

Nonlegends up top, then legends, then noncreatures.

First picked frodo and got great halls picks 6 and 9 but never saw another...

Lost a round against a very solid UR deck that went flametongue amass into treason of isenguard to rebuy it two more times lol. Otherwise pretty smooth sailing. Notable plays being legend ruling a frodo for two tempts, two 1/1s and a draw all for GW, and at other points getting the sick old man willow plus faramir engine going, and the turn three ent off saccing pathfinder to rise.

Overall I am enjoying the format quite a lot, though not the increased price.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Judges being cops explains why the one I play with keeps killing my Rin and Seri.

rough lol

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Lord_Magmar posted:

In my experience the person who gets rules questions is a judge who isn't actually judging the event.

Sometimes you don't even have to ask them, they're just near you and answer as you and opponent are trying to figure it out or if to ask.

The main commander group outside of friends and LGS I go to usually has a person if not 2 who used to be judges, helpful to avoid having to look crap up on your phones

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

mandatory lesbian posted:

Yeah I would grandpa Simpson the gently caress out of there immediately, ACAB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

The allied fetches haven't been crunched out of commander masters yet. Does the rest of the normal set drop today? I know they are revealing the precons starting today.