Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which main event fighter are you most looking forward to seeing in July?
This poll is closed.
Sean StricHOLLY HOLM 1 3.33%
Alexander VolkanHOLLY HOLM 9 30.00%
Holly Holm 11 36.67%
A.J. McKHOLLY HOLM 0 0%
Roman KrykHOLLY HOLM 1 3.33%
Dustin PHOLLY HOLM 3 10.00%
Justin GaetHOLLY HOLM 3 10.00%
Tom AspHOLLY HOLM 2 6.67%
Total: 30 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

I am sure that Israel Adesanya has mentioned doing juju at some point or another, but I am also sure that at the time he was talking about the magic system in some obscure anime and not any real world spiritual belief system

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
ONE Friday Fights was great again as always, here's the page where I tell you which fights were worth your time (8 out of 12 of them this week lol)
https://bocot.substack.com/p/one-friday-fights-25-2023-07-14

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Stealth Tiger posted:

I am sure that Israel Adesanya has mentioned doing juju at some point or another, but I am also sure that at the time he was talking about the magic system in some obscure anime and not any real world spiritual belief system

https://twitter.com/raasz5/status/1679790025318309888?t=sEbCXyfqicAXV297wHn1kA&s=19

The hushed tones make this so much better

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Didn't realize UFC picked up the Monster's Brawl roster when they folded in 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqGIAkd5tYw

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Oh there's a ONE prime card tonight. Think it starts at the top of the hour

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Digital Jedi posted:

Oh there's a ONE prime card tonight. Think it starts at the top of the hour

It does! A friend of my gf's, Dustin Joynson, is fighting on the card against Amir Aliakbari at Heavyweight. I hope he does well because Aliakbari seems like a mean mf'er.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
There was an update that I've now lost saying that Francis is making 8 figures for the Fury fight, not 8 million.

The whole thing really should have pulled the wool from a lot of people's eyes with regard to how poo poo the UFC actually can be at business. There's some quote from White that 'well, he wants to go take easy fights in boxing for more money' and it's like 'wait, that's an option for your HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION? To make more money in the lower tier of a different sport? And that isn't indicative of a problem with your approach?

You point this out and you get 'well, Francis wasn't a draw' to which the obvious reply is 'Dana is the promoter.' And if you can't make someone like Francis, the absolute platonic ideal of an easily promotable heavyweight fighter, a draw, what the gently caress are you doing in the business? And, if he isn't a draw, why is now signed for an insane amount of money for a sport he's never fought in before?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

ONE Prime is starting, first fighters are walking out

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
lmao herb dean

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
That was a very solid punch to the dick

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/Grabaka_Hitman/status/1680021052590522369?s=20

coathat
May 21, 2007

that goes in the nut shot hall of fame

Keptbroom
Sep 10, 2009
Was that her first fight?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
You know that guy from tekken who has that move that will do like 90 percent of the opponents life gauge if they're stupid enough to hang out in range of the longest animation in fighting games? That is the only thing I can think of more focussed and deliberate than that absolutely epic crime against genitals.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

hahahaha it was nice of them to consider ending that public execution when the head was already about three quarters off the spine

the celebrating afterwards was exceptional, for a moment hed even convinced me that hed actually won by "hendo h-bomb to the pecker"

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Idk, maybe just a tad too latee of a stoppage?

https://twitter.com/CSTodayNews/status/1680039588906115073?s=20

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

AndyElusive posted:

It does! A friend of my gf's, Dustin Joynson, is fighting on the card against Amir Aliakbari at Heavyweight. I hope he does well because Aliakbari seems like a mean mf'er.

I'm sorry about your friend and the steroid elemental.

coathat
May 21, 2007

getting a crucifix at heavyweight is very unfair

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Couldn't finish watching this.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hello.

Mekchu here, local business owner and death fight enthusiast.

Did you miss out on the IZWF and regret not being cool and hip with it?

Tired of your posts constantly being called bad and awful?

Are your threads being trolled by your "enemies" (*wink wink*)?

Do you wish you could fight other posters from other subforums you just don't like?

Think there's no answer?

You're so stupid!

There is.

Something Awful Wrestling.

Finally, there's an elegant, comfortable way for Goons to fight each other to the death over out mutual hatred, ourselves!

Come on down to the Enclosed Pool Area.

We're the home of the original Something Awful Wrestling. Ka-pow!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4036635

SA Forums Poster
Oct 13, 2018

You have to PAY to post on that forum?!?

Mekchu posted:

Something Awful Wrestling.

wrestling isn't fighting, its acting

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

SA Forums Poster posted:

wrestling isn't fighting, its acting

It's a video game, that means the fighting is real.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

loving hell, I didn’t realize Jamahal Hill got his injury during a fighter basketball game. His team lost to Cormier’s team, even.

Close down heavyweight, light heavyweight, and half of middleweight.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

FishBowlRobot posted:

Close down heavyweight, light heavyweight, and half of middleweight.

I've maintatined for a while that if you can't make middleweight, you get folded into heavyweight. It would make middleweight and heavyweight incredible (relatively)

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Marching Powder posted:

I've maintatined for a while that if you can't make middleweight, you get folded into heavyweight. It would make middleweight and heavyweight incredible (relatively)
Dude just stop plz Rumble’s already dead

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Shumagorath posted:

Dude just stop plz Rumble’s already dead

Thanks for reminding me of the method of victory I would have been least likely to accurately predict: Rumble def Arlovski UD

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

FishBowlRobot posted:

loving hell, I didn’t realize Jamahal Hill got his injury during a fighter basketball game. His team lost to Cormier’s team, even.

That jibes -- i feel like it's harder to load up the Achilles eccentrically in mma-like training, esp without shoes to enhance grip.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

i'm turning off the card for the main event. i'm not going to let her keep hurting me like this. this is self care.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

CarlCX posted:

I'm sorry about your friend and the steroid elemental.

:sadday:

coathat posted:

getting a crucifix at heavyweight is very unfair

:agreed:

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/KSW_MMA/status/1680290928601313282

The aftermath NSFW

https://twitter.com/KSW_MMA/status/1680297717694603264?s=20

Also, a fighter came out to a techno remix of the macarena and it sort of ruled. (He ended up losing by RNC)

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jul 15, 2023

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

fuckin' yikes on that elbow damage to that dude's noggin

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Yikes is right.

Was Dos Santo's back tattoo painted on or some kind of temporary application? poo poo is the most vibrant ink I've ever seen if it's a tat.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

AndyElusive posted:

Yikes is right.

Was Dos Santo's back tattoo painted on or some kind of temporary application? poo poo is the most vibrant ink I've ever seen if it's a tat.

temporary application. KSW is still one of few big orgs that do the temp tats for sponsors. I don't think any other big org does them.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

KSW ended with the commentators labeling Szymon Bajor, who is white and from Poland, "the great white hope" to defeat Phil de Fries, who is white, and from England.

And then de Fries choked Bajor unconscious because Bajor tapped three inches in front of the referee's face and he somehow missed it.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

And on that note, the GDT for Holm/Bueno Silva is live.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4036790

Prelims in 30. You could watch this. You could.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

CarlCX posted:

KSW ended with the commentators labeling Szymon Bajor, who is white and from Poland, "the great white hope" to defeat Phil de Fries, who is white, and from England.

And then de Fries choked Bajor unconscious because Bajor tapped three inches in front of the referee's face and he somehow missed it.

Phil De Fries once knocked himself out running into Matt Mitrione's legs so this story is even more ridiculous than you thougt.

Majkol
Oct 17, 2016
Was anyting on last nights UFC Card worth watching?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Snowman_McK posted:

Phil De Fries once knocked himself out running into Matt Mitrione's legs so this story is even more ridiculous than you thougt.

Matt Mitrione is going to wind up having one of the most oddly fascinating career spectrums at heavyweight by the time he's done.

Majkol posted:

Was anyting on last nights UFC Card worth watching?

Nothing enormously exceptional, but Costa/Lingo, Park/Duraev, Prado/Azaitar and Maddalena/Hafez were all decent, and Holm/Bueno Silva is fun if you like watching Holly Holm lose.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
anytime i see jack della madallena's face i instantly think of 2005 video game stubb's the zombie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also i am 100% making a gnome monk called scott jorgensen in baldur's gate 3 in two weeks since they introduced customization sliders that do the same sort of pigment coloration stuff he and the one dude on teh fight card this weekend have

https://i.imgur.com/tUjhLnL.mp4