Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
I went to Drangleic to visit my pal Armorer Dennis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
I went to Drangleic because I got the key in a humble bundle.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
NGL getting pretty steamed no one can remember Lucinda

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I came to Drangleic because I didn't take that left at Albuquerque.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
I came to Drangleic because my wife was loving everybody in Bismarck! That, and her spaghetti sucked dick.

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

I came to Drang Lake to find the cure for hollowing, then I found it by collecting some old crowns, but all it did was save me a human effigy now and then so I'm not sure why I bothered.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

I came to drangleic to wheel, and to deal.

And to think about respecing because I'm something like 25 vit / 25 end / 40 str / 25 dex / 25 fith / 25 int, I feel very squishy and like I should probably do more damage and be able to swing more before running out of stamina. I think I need to just pick a weapon or two out of the pile that I have and lean into those or something. Hard to do when I've got a standard claymore, lightning & magic on the throne watcher and defender's swords, and a sword that I got off some lady and dark enchanted. Laetitia I think it was?

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Why the flat spread of stats, are you using those mundane infusions I keep hearing about? All those elements are cool but you can't swing every sword at once; even after I've fully committed to poison I still have like three weapon loadouts depending on the fight.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Mostly just loving around, now I'm finding out. All of these greatswords are decent, i guess - i suppose that if i lean into faith for the black knight or defender swords / int for the watcher's, it also makes sense to pull some points into attunement for a couple of spell or miracle slots. But on the whole i prefer hitting things.

Crazy Achmed fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jul 14, 2023

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

One of the worst crimes of DS2 was hiding the good pyromancy within NG++ or an inpossible pvp covenant challenge.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

axolotl farmer posted:

One of the worst crimes of DS2 was hiding the good pyromancy within NG++ or an inpossible pvp covenant challenge.

Just ascetic the place twice.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Doesn’t work. You need to be in NG++ to buy the Great Chaos Fireball from the ghost guy.

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022
Do not use mundane infusion it is awful these days.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
use the furry infusion instead

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

axolotl farmer posted:

Doesn’t work. You need to be in NG++ to buy the Great Chaos Fireball from the ghost guy.

Oh, right, one of those. Yeah, that sucks.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
If you're good enough it should only take you about 1.5-2 hours per ng cycle, so you do lose an evening

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Had to use a guide to find the hidden bonfire near the Mythra poison queen bossfight, but in the end got my second copy of her dagger... and a bonus +2 ring from the boss?

All this talk of NG+ stuff, is there a list of items that can only be acquired via burning ascetics?

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Serephina posted:

Had to use a guide to find the hidden bonfire near the Mythra poison queen bossfight, but in the end got my second copy of her dagger... and a bonus +2 ring from the boss?

All this talk of NG+ stuff, is there a list of items that can only be acquired via burning ascetics?

everything NG+ can be gotten with ascetics, excepting for:
- curved twinblade
- crescent sickle
- spirit tree shield
- wrath of the gods miracle
- bountiful sunlight miracle
- great chaos fireball

so the Blue Sentinels and Brotherhood of Blood gear

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

goblin week posted:

- curved twinblade
- crescent sickle
- spirit tree shield
- wrath of the gods miracle
- bountiful sunlight miracle
- great chaos fireball

so the Blue Sentinels and Brotherhood of Blood gear

But conveniently enough, DS2 has the NG++ chancellor in the castle hall selling those spells/miracles, so even with dead covenants, you can feed the brainworms and complete all achievements.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

goblin week posted:

Yea, but is there any gear I should be burning ascetics for to find? I'm still on my first playthrough, but if there's like a ring of really useful +2 or a totally awesome light armour set or bow I'd to know about it.

edit: I mean, I could trawl the wiki looking at every single item and spoil myself on a ton of stuff, which is why I'm asking here.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Serephina posted:

Yea, but is there any gear I should be burning ascetics for to find? I'm still on my first playthrough, but if there's like a ring of really useful +2 or a totally awesome light armour set or bow I'd to know about it.

edit: I mean, I could trawl the wiki looking at every single item and spoil myself on a ton of stuff, which is why I'm asking here.

oh sorry if i sounded like a smartass lol. each of the Old Ones on NG+ drops a bonus soul from their DS1 counterpart which are tradable for the good stuff. if you ascetic drangleic castle, in the throne room there will be twin pursuers who will drop ring of blades +2. chariot will drop a chloranthy ring +2. ascetic-ing Majula will have Maughlin sell the funniest armor in the game

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Serephina posted:

Not the greatest thing ever, but Flame Weapon is crafted from Old Witch Soul, which drops from NG+ Sinner, so if you run pyro and want an on-demand weapon fire buff, you can get it there (and you need it if you want the All Pyromancies achievement).

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Serephina posted:

Dukes Dear Freya if you want the real FROM weapon.

Raylax
Jul 21, 2021

Tshshshshshshshsh
Every time I look at this thread I learn a new cool thing about dark souls 2 and immediately want to abandon all my well-laid plans for the next month and sink another hundred hours into it

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

axolotl farmer posted:

Dukes Dear Freya if you want the real FROM weapon.

And the best looking one across From Soft games.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
The spider rapier isn't that good

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

The spider rapier isn't that good

They mean the moonlight great sword.

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

Your Uncle Dracula posted:

major league gaming sword

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Your Uncle Dracula posted:

That's a weird name for it. It's clearly a rapier, and not even a great one.

e: okay I've been doing this a lot this page I'll stop for a bit

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Raylax posted:

Every time I look at this thread I learn a new cool thing about dark souls 2 and immediately want to abandon all my well-laid plans for the next month and sink another hundred hours into it

Donut give up, skeleton!

DS2 is great because there’s so much stuff to do and weird gear to try out.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I still need to go back and finish my punchman NG+, then ++. Haven't really done much beyond NG before but I'm def gonna dive in for 2

I was sold on it the moment I respawned in Things Betwixt and got ambushed by enemies

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Only the insane equates pain with success

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohJIduZ-3VI
How fitting, the old man is talking about DS2 NG+ in his new video.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Aldia Was Right.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

MonsieurChoc posted:

Aldia Was Right.

Detective Eyestorm
Jan 6, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

Aldia Was Right.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
He was! He practically breaks the 4th wall.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

more like aldia's nuts lmao gottem

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
I can't believe Aldia spoiled the plot of Dark Souls 3: The Ringed City

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Why start a fight that doesn't need to happen?

That should be DS3 not Bloodborne.