Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Saw a Goon FC person on Ultros, there a goon guild there to join?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

socialsecurity posted:

Saw a Goon FC person on Ultros, there a goon guild there to join?

no it was probably just someone world traveling, official goon FCS on NA are on primal - excalibur

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I just met Zenos and what on earth is this loving… sword holster barrel

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
There's an actual answer if you want it, but it's also fun to just think of it like a golf bag

vvv: bingo

Sentient Data fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Jul 16, 2023

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I think it's something like, he's garlean so he can't use aether so the golf bag helps... Charge his sword?

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

goblin week posted:

It's got magic gas to charge his swords with God and anime to pull off sweet sword techniques. The three swords are also by themselves magical and he likes to switch things up, otherwise he gets bored.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Sometimes you want to fight in the desert and need a sand wedge.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Since fanfest is coming up, here's a reminder that catgirl bargains has a fanfest-and-other-events channel. Chairman also put up a signup sheet to see if there's any interest in meetups/etc

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

NachtSieger posted:

he likes to switch things up, otherwise he gets bored.

I got all jobs to 90, so :same:

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

goblin week posted:

The katana golf bag is cooler than any weapon the player gets access to.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
It's also a mortar. For launching spiritually empowered swords.

I really liked the FFT Samurai flavor of just holding up a famous katana and radiating its aura at everything near by. Could've been a nice flavor for SAM group buff, aoe or aoe debuff.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
now the SAM players want party buffs? stay in your lane

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

it really doesn't get more anime than a katana golf bag

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Me: I'm going to actively avoid filling my glam dresser with gear for jobs I'm just lpeveling to level and never actually play outside of that.
The game:

...I'm going to wind up making a punch golem glam aren't I.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Bruceski posted:

Me: I'm going to actively avoid filling my glam dresser with gear for jobs I'm just lpeveling to level and never actually play outside of that.
The game:

...I'm going to wind up making a punch golem glam aren't I.

You are. And it's just gonna get worse. Welcome to the TRUE endgame!

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I still have Brand New gear in my dresser because I have a vague idea for a Lost Newbie glam for endgame content.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Dareon posted:

I still have Brand New gear in my dresser because I have a vague idea for a Lost Newbie glam for endgame content.

Oh that's funny, I love that idea. Running across the classic xiv murder hobo in endgame content would be great

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Countblanc posted:

now the SAM players want party buffs? stay in your lane

Nah give it to them....along with the chance for the katana to break :unsmigghh:

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

Detheros posted:

Nah give it to them....along with the chance for the katana to break :unsmigghh:

I really didn't ever use Samurai in FFT for this reason. Still worth leveling to get blade grasp though. Holy poo poo blade grasp was good.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Dareon posted:

I've considered making a plate with racial starter gear to pair with a weathered weapon glam for "how did I get to this EX PF, I am not good with computer" purposes. Might be even better with a couple of Brand New/Plundered pieces thrown in.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Antivehicular posted:

I've considered making a plate with racial starter gear to pair with a weathered weapon glam for "how did I get to this EX PF, I am not good with computer" purposes. Might be even better with a couple of Brand New/Plundered pieces thrown in.
I have a glam like that for my White Mage, it's one of my favorite ways to do roulettes.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

girl dick energy posted:

I have a glam like that for my White Mage, it's one of my favorite ways to do roulettes.

I hope you cast cure 1 a few times in higher content just to really spook em

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

girl dick energy posted:

I absolutely need to heal the raid with Halone as my Halonic Priest glam and go "WHAT IS THIS HERESY"

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

GloomMouse posted:

I hope you cast cure 1 a few times in higher content just to really spook em
Individually casting Regen on everyone while we're running up to the first pull is a good way to spook people without any need to actually touch Cure 1. It's also a nice 'tank stance' check because with three regens up you're generating hilarious amounts of aggro.

Edit: Unfortunately, me being a crafting mentor and having an actual title usually gives the game away, but there's some sacrifices I'm not willing to make.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jul 17, 2023

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I've deliberately not gotten the battle/full crown to avoid making it look like I know anything about the game besides how to craft

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
You can turn it off

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

YggiDee posted:

You can turn it off
I can, but then I need to wait a month before I can turn it back on.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Antivehicular posted:

I've deliberately not gotten the battle/full crown to avoid making it look like I know anything about the game besides how to craft

If anything people will have even lower expectations of you with full crown.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i really wish theyd add new icons to put by your name.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Dareon posted:

Confused Botanist

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

girl dick energy posted:

I can, but then I need to wait a month before I can turn it back on.

I'm like 90% sure you can just toggle it with "Edit Search <something>" same way you set the RP flag or "Looking to Meld Materia"

Can't put your sprout back, which would be the final keystone in that ruse.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Is monday the end of the current CC season? I always get those mixed up.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Bruceski posted:

Is monday the end of the current CC season? I always get those mixed up.

No, the Season should go until 6.5 drops, not 6.45.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Dareon posted:

I'm like 90% sure you can just toggle it with "Edit Search <something>" same way you set the RP flag or "Looking to Meld Materia"

Can't put your sprout back, which would be the final keystone in that ruse.

So excited to spend time with my favorite capitalist after I do Hildi and blu stuff.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I'm thinking about commissioning an artist for a little goofy 2-3 page comic, but I"m having some struggles with a bit of design decisions for a character. Say you had a half viera half elezen child. What's the ear situation? I've racked my brain trying to get this to not look like rear end and so far I've gotten, "Slightly thinner elezen ears with a small layer of fur/hair like a rabbits on the back" or "Shorter viera ears ending in a more defined point, angle back and down a bit"

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Hunter Noventa posted:

No, the Season should go until 6.5 drops, not 6.45.

Thanks. I keep meaning to try and finish pushing for Crystal to get half of a glowy weapon.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

If it's a comedy just slap on compete individual parts like a mr potatohead

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I'm thinking about commissioning an artist for a little goofy 2-3 page comic, but I"m having some struggles with a bit of design decisions for a character. Say you had a half viera half elezen child. What's the ear situation? I've racked my brain trying to get this to not look like rear end and so far I've gotten, "Slightly thinner elezen ears with a small layer of fur/hair like a rabbits on the back" or "Shorter viera ears ending in a more defined point, angle back and down a bit"

I think Elezen ears/placement with rounded furry/hairy tips would be a smooth compromise, or your first idea.

But personally I think Viera ears are kind of a novelty to begin with.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Have two pairs of ears.

Bonus points if the ears for each race are both on the same side of the head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It depends on the mother, canonically speaking. You are the "race" of your mother, and get some additional "details/shifts" from your father. Hilda from Ishgard is an example, as is Arenvald, both being Hyur with non-Hyur fathers (Hilda has Elezen ears, Arenvald has the robust size of a Garlean rather than a highlander). The other example we have is that an Au Ra with a Hyur father has far less scales on their body.

So, Viera mother = Viera child with something Elezen and Elezen mother = Elezen child with something Vieran. Ears seem like an acceptable angle, but you could also have stuff like height/neck length for a Viera with an Elezen Father. Viera also have one of the special nose options that are meant to look a little animalistic so that could work for the Elezen with a Vieran father.