Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Bad Idiot
Jun 27, 2023

by vyelkin
SAG's micro budget is $20,000 which in LA can barely afford 1 day of shooting with just a couple of people. But of course if it's a bunch of friends doing mostly free labor on locations they own it could last a bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Big Bad Idiot posted:

SAG's micro budget is $20,000 which in LA can barely afford 1 day of shooting with just a couple of people. But of course if it's a bunch of friends doing mostly free labor on locations they own it could last a bit

Ok, so that's like 2.9 Primers

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

corporate content? sweet I can get some name-brand actors to shoot the newest version of my anti-union new hire videos

oh hey, didn't see you there. tom hanks here to talk to you about why your shift team at target is also like a family

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1680225717794091009?t=YWSmj89B6ldIadzuRnAJvA&s=19

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
They very excellent mission impossible 7 is most likely closer to the truth than spund of freedom.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

From what I can tell from the buzz around it, the sound of freedom is some kind of documentary that conclusively proves leftists (meaning everyone left of Hitler) are all child sex traffickers or something

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

and that the way you fight human trafficking is by hoarding assault rifles and boycotting bud light

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

sound of metal >>> sound of freedom

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

ArmZ posted:

sound of metal >>> sound of freedom

Sound of metal was pretty boring and overrated.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Just found out my wife has never seen "Tommy Boy"
someone tell me if it holds up before I force her to sit through it

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

I'd rather shove a sound up my freaking urethra

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

she has also never seen "Almost Heroes" and while I realize it is empirically a weaker movie that one also has a stranglehold on my mind from childhood

infinitely quotable

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Just found out my wife has never seen "Tommy Boy"
someone tell me if it holds up before I force her to sit through it

yes

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

gently caress yeah
you can put a six pack of b...soda in here

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

mcmagic posted:

yeah but tetsuo the iron man had a drill for a dick

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

mcmagic posted:

that means you're the guy in the movie before he figures things out

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Was watching The Doom Generation (1995) and gf mentioned Death in June. the mutual friend who introduced us had it on his lunch pail in the late 90s. Wtf. She barely knows who Hitler is

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

mawarannahr posted:

Was watching The Doom Generation (1995) and gf mentioned Death in June. the mutual friend who introduced us had it on his lunch pail in the late 90s. Wtf. She barely knows who Hitler is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFTfbCdo1ZU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

loquacius posted:

From what I can tell from the buzz around it, the sound of freedom is some kind of documentary that conclusively proves leftists (meaning everyone left of Hitler) are all child sex traffickers or something

I'm pretty sure the people praising it the most highly have not seen it or at best were not paying attention when they could be tweeting about it

Also guessing that it's about those brown people stealing our white children with the help of loony leftists and groomers

Big Bad Idiot
Jun 27, 2023

by vyelkin
too bad gregg's TV show looked so so bad and I think is dead now

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/cineilsa/status/1680288908318240769?t=xpeq-ju2cL1aR19Iu0ZWVA&s=19

Holy poo poo the train was real

I mean of course it was a practical stunt, its Tom Cruise but

Holy poo poo

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

wholesome waving and smiling tom.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/CliffW08950229/status/1680062453739077633?t=jqmnyvdMS09xmUbBRd7jfg&s=19

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Joe Biden, like Ezra Miller, is a rapist

An accurate meme

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

also a face scan superimposed over a cgi cartoon

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

Dead Reckoning Part One is so good. I like how it, too, has a car chase in Rome, yet it is actually engaging and done for real, while the Fast Ten (Your Seatbelt) one felt really fake.

As a Person Of Interest fan, I appreciate it too.

Apparently the train scenes for both M:I and Indy Five were done within the same month in Yorkshire.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/cineilsa/status/1680288908318240769?t=xpeq-ju2cL1aR19Iu0ZWVA&s=19

Holy poo poo

They built a whole rear end train just to crash it

It owns

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Skaffen-Amtiskaw posted:

Dead Reckoning Part One is so good.

:yeah:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Lmao

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

gradenko_2000 posted:

Holy poo poo

Everyone just loves him now and no one really gives a poo poo about him being a weirdo jumping on Oprah's couch or the scientology stuff. Good for him.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

mcmagic posted:

Everyone just loves him now and no one really gives a poo poo about him being a weirdo jumping on Oprah's couch or the scientology stuff. Good for him.

Kids who were born the day he jumped on Oprah's couch are old enough to vote now.

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

This is my chase scene barometer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB7ZWNlF8DY

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Skaffen-Amtiskaw posted:

Dead Reckoning Part One is so good. I like how it, too, has a car chase in Rome, yet it is actually engaging and done for real, while the Fast Ten (Your Seatbelt) one felt really fake.

Apparently the train scenes for both M:I and Indy Five were done within the same month in Yorkshire.

that video doesn't look like yorkshire

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

ezra miller was accused of being weird, which is why he kept his movie. Don't make the rules.

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

i say swears online posted:

https://www.radiotimes.com/movies/mission-impossible-dead-reckoning-part-one-locations/

Levisham, N. Yorkshire was used for the climax. The jump was Norway, though.

Big Bad Idiot
Jun 27, 2023

by vyelkin

i say swears online posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u48zWSYNq0s

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

im watching this flick right now, The World's Greatest Sinner (1962), and it completely whips. its about a failing insurance salesman who one day decides to become god and live forever. it's almost adjacent to a Neil Breen movie in how it handles morality, motivation and general storytelling. the title track is by Frank Zappa, because of course it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egRbQ_ZsToQ

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

Skaffen-Amtiskaw posted:

word. i hope the twist in the second part will be that the entity isnt actually malevolent and will end up running imf

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Nonsense posted:

ezra miller was accused of being weird, which is why he kept his movie. Don't make the rules.

It's not like tom cruise did a crime spree (that we know of)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

MacheteZombie posted:

They built a whole rear end train just to crash it

It owns

dreyer would be proud