Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

Literally sighed after reading this.

It loving kills me how many people on this Earth are doing their damnedest to completely wreck everything for everyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Mustang posted:

It loving kills me how many people on this Earth are doing their damnedest to completely wreck everything for everyone else.

The least confrontational talk show host in the world asked him about how this might be happening, and he just stuttered a bunch then moved on. Millions of people will be convinced this is reality anyway.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Mustang posted:

quote:

“We’ve arranged a society on science and technology in which
nobody understands anything about science and technology, and
this combustible mixture of ignorance and power sooner or later is
going to blow up in our faces. I mean, who is running the science and
technology in a democracy if the people don’t know anything about
it? Science is more than a body of knowledge, it’s a way of thinking. If
we are not able to ask skeptical questions to interrogate those who tell
us something is true, to be skeptical of those in authority, then we’re
up for grabs for the next charlatan political or religious leader who
comes ambling along. It’s a thing that Jefferson lay great stress on.
It wasn’t enough, he said, to enshrine some rights in the Constitution
and the Bill of Rights, the people had to be educated and they have to
practice their skepticism and their education. Otherwise, we don’t run
the government, the government runs us.
—Carl Sagan”

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts

quote:

Reflecting on it, the reason I think the OceanGate situation has become such a flashpoint for anger is because it's such a perfect microcosm of the problem with everything right now. Decisions are not made based on safety, reasonable caution, or concern for human life. Every decision is instead made from a default assumption of 'what if the bad thing just DIDN'T happen?' We are given pie-in-the-sky promises and sizzle reels and an endless PR hype-cycle for every new innovation and inevitably it fails to work, harms people, and then is maybe barely apologized for before the next bad idea comes down the pike. OceanGate's underengineered, undercooked, doomed submarine isn't merely a metaphor for the hubris of the wealthy, it is a scale model of the way the wealthy dictate our reality. All consequences can be ignored, all blowback can be forestalled, let the end-user eat the cost.

I am not angry because the submarine was badly-made. I am angry because I live in a vastly larger pressure vessel being managed and maintained by the exact same people.

(source)

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The source of the video is here, which RFK Jr. is complaining about being quoted from because it was off the record. Some of his other dumb poo poo was from Rogan, not this one.

https://twitter.com/MeidasTouch/status/1680237265510092800

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

The least confrontational talk show host in the world asked him about how this might be happening

that was the funniest part to me. I'm sure his answer satisfied him though.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Lol spoiled friend of a friend who already makes her doctor husband commute from WA to MN and sends postcards with pictures of their kids to homeowners with nicer places trying to guilt them into selling (they already have a great house but apparently it isn’t good enough?) has begun going outside to yell at utility workers making routine repairs to thwart the installation of brain melting 5G networks. Probably an RFK Jr. supporter.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

That is some brain-melting loving babel right there, Jesus Christ.

One of my coworkers came up and started a conversation about RFK on break, for some horrible reason, when he got to the words "conspiracy theories" some other dude I don't know decided to inform us that all the COVID bioengineering bullshit is actually very true. I put my cigarette out and hosed off and let my buddy listen to that poo poo since he started it.

E: I left at the part where random dude made sure to let us know he hates RFK for being a Democrat, and he didn't vote for DJT "but he ended up being a great president".

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I wonder what it's like inside the mind of man making a speedrun to become the Worst Kennedy (TM).

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Godholio posted:

I wonder what it's like inside the mind of man making a speedrun to become the Worst Kennedy (TM).

It seems like they've just gotten more and more demented as the Kennedy Clan dissipates.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

It's part of MK Ultra, the CIA only spared a few Kennedys with the condition that they be drugged into a moronic stupor to discredit the family legacy. :tinfoil:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I'm looking forward to the post-war deep dive on the battle for the airport in Kyiv, because that poo poo was heroic

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I'm just waiting on Trump to make fun of RFK Jr.'s stutter.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Godholio posted:

Pretty sure Joe Sr. has the all-time lock on that title.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/CoffeyTimeNews/status/1680341136806748160

:getin:?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Ah god dammit you have me trying to filter that stupid motherfucker's mouth diarrhea through my brain to pull out some logic.

OK how is the former president covered by the presidential records act, but the current president is not?

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
is this really another case of "he... just tweeted it out...", because if so :lol: and :laffo:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
He did in fact just tweet it out.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

bird food bathtub posted:

Ah god dammit you have me trying to filter that stupid motherfucker's mouth diarrhea through my brain to pull out some logic.

OK how is the former president covered by the presidential records act, but the current president is not?

Because Trump won, duh.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

bird food bathtub posted:

He’s just being confused but I assume there’s different laws for while serving and after serving.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Zamujasa posted:

is this really another case of "he... just tweeted it out...", because if so :lol: and :laffo:

I'm not at all aware of anything coming out of the DC / Jan 6th stuff yet. Last time I said that though, Donnie was indicted a week later, right around the time news organizations suddenly found out there was a Grand Jury in Florida.

Last I've seen, Kushner got called to testify to the J6 Grand Jury and was asked poo poo about Donnie's state of mind, like if he ever said he knew he lost the election. The intent requirement on J6-related charges for someone like Donnie is super high, so who even knows if they get to that point or not.

But a call-out of the Insurrection Act is very weird, as it hasn't been a discussion lately, I think. Possible that some rando on Newsmax or Fox News might've been talking about it.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NRv-DxSxGc

Steve isn't dead, botulism didn't get him yet!

Menu #4 really is cursed lol, Country Captain Chicken and the Vomelet.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Also one on U-2 spy plane food, somehow :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZuEGAsO4CA

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

orange juche posted:

Country Captain Chicken was loving foul. I learned it only existed because Patton loving loved it.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

orange juche posted:

I love his videos so, so so much

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Tabasco sauce, still has great color to it!

*color of dried blood*

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Milo and POTUS posted:

Tabasco sauce, still has great color to it!

*color of dried blood*

It’s great by Tobasco standards, not Tapatío standards.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I'm sure he's had to but has he done any with the chocolate dairy shakes? I still crave those every once in a while

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Gourmet in all the wrong ways, lmao

Spoggerific
May 28, 2009
I love how the labels on the spy plane tube food look like a kid playing with the word art tool in Microsoft word. :allears:

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
whoever is responsible for that vegetable omelet thing ought to be in Guantanamo

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Four fingers of death.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Caffeinated Apple Pie‽‽‽

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

Rip-It, brown flavor: Apple Pie

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Antigravitas posted:

Caffeinated Apple Pie‽‽‽

HELL YEAH :911:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Antigravitas posted:

Caffeinated Apple Pie‽‽‽

they also have caffeinated chocolate pudding

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
That sounds amazing

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Stupid Person finally spews what his magic plan to stop Ukraine/Russia would be:

https://twitter.com/MyLordBebo/status/1680690485399003142

Please excuse the text from the knuckledgragger in the Tweet, as this was the first good grab I could get, but :lol:, there's no loving way he'll do anything other than try to become BFFs with Putin (if Vlad's still alive/in power by then).

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

CBJSprague24 posted:

Stupid Person finally spews what his magic plan to stop Ukraine/Russia would be:

https://twitter.com/MyLordBebo/status/1680690485399003142

Please excuse the text from the knuckledgragger in the Tweet, as this was the first good grab I could get, but :lol:, there's no loving way he'll do anything other than try to become BFFs with Putin (if Vlad's still alive/in power by then).

"That's too much winning you are doing, better deal is to lose"

Dumbest motherfucker on Earth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
"have you considered simply not being at war"