Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

they've really Mets'd it up these last two games, from what I've seen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I remember seeing Baty homer in his first MLB at bat and going "that guy could be the Mets 3B of the future". Then tonight after watching him misplay a pop up and have the ball bounce and hit him in the face I went "wow, he's doing it, he's truly a Met now"

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Gorman Thomas posted:

I was in a jury pool this week with an elder baseball boomer. When asked if he watched Ohtani, he chuckled and said he didn't watch the junior circuit. Huge cubs and Dodgers fan, I haven't seen that tandem before.

I fuckin hate old dudes

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Two days of 8/9 on Immaculate Grid. I'll get a 9/9 one day...

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
I’m very happy if I break 6/9. I’m just terrible at remembering journeyman relievers who walked the central divisions like the guy from the Jack o’ Lantern myth.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

mustache wisdom is back so of course he dingered
https://twitter.com/brendan_cubs/status/1680313886908772352?s=20

also adios to rowan wick.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

camoseven posted:

I fuckin hate old dudes

junior circuit? no thanks, not when I can watch Miles Mastruboni!

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

He hit his first home run since May 10 yesterday and he's still tied for the team lead in homers.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Some pictures of Ohtani's "totally not injured" finger -

Off the mound -

On the mound -

But they are still saying they're going to pitch him on Friday against the Pirates. For reasons.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

R.D. Mangles posted:

That's a good look regardless of how much he mashes.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

Captain Log posted:

Off the mound -

On the mound -

But they are still saying they're going to pitch him on Friday against the Pirates. For reasons.

yea but he's gonna hit 63+ home runs and its gonna be hilarious

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Gorman Thomas posted:

Huge cubs and Dodgers fan

wut

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
n: Bronson Arroyo is going in the Reds HOF

v: https://youtu.be/vW7e40AWDvg

https://youtu.be/iTQpX--WRz0

https://youtu.be/Do91IFXGuX8

https://youtu.be/yjz5ZzW8pqI

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Brandon Arroyo

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Captain Log posted:

Off the mound -

On the mound -

Holy crap, Angels what are you doing?!

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

R.D. Mangles posted:

Actually the solo mustache look has never looked good on anybody and everybody attempting to do this just ends up looking like poo poo, don't @ me.

Captain Log posted:

Off the mound -

On the mound -

lmao this is some :mets: poo poo.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Sydin posted:

Actually the solo mustache look has never looked good on anybody and everybody attempting to do this just ends up looking like poo poo, don't @ me.

lol look at this poster who didn’t watch the Arroyo videos and see Chris Welsh’s powerful stache

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
From what I gather through translated interviews, Ohtani doesn’t know how to say No. With enough of their team on the IL to form a second team, he is probably trying to power through.

BUT WHAT ARE THE TRAINERS THINKING?!?!?!

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
God I loving hate every Pittsburgh Pirates decision maker

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Captain Log posted:

From what I gather through translated interviews, Ohtani doesn’t know how to say No. With enough of their team on the IL to form a second team, he is probably trying to power through.

BUT WHAT ARE THE TRAINERS THINKING?!?!?!

This is a weird thing to say. He's a grown rear end man.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

mcmagic posted:

This is a weird thing to say. He's a grown rear end man.

He’s got that dog in ‘em. Which is a good thing.

But a trainer needs to know when to step in and shut poo poo down.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Broom the Marlins. Grayrod up tomorrow. Please be good this time :toot:

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Elly De La Cruz

https://twitter.com/MLB/status/1680649039623094274?s=20

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Win a game? Brewers loving smoked the Reds in the back to back series showdown.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
N: :sweep: Get out them brooms plural, because it's a TWINS SWEEP, BABY! :sweep:

V: Yes, yes, against the A's, I know. It still had some close games for God knows what reason. The important thing is that it happened and we have gained ground, FINALLY, on the Best Division in Baseball -- shoutout to the Rangers, sorry Guards. If we can actually start pulling away from .500 I'll be ecstatic. Who's up next?

*checks notes*

Aw, crap, them? We gotta go fight Chaos itself? The other team constantly stuck as via gravity to .500?

Nuts. And I like the Mariners, too. Well, such is baseball. Get ready, Goms, we're coming to town!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Captain Log posted:

So you wanna be a major league pitcher

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/Feinsand/status/1680725980279717889

Yeah lets trade for a terrible player who only hits against the Yankees. SMART. I'm sure that will move the needle.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

camoseven posted:

God I loving hate every Pittsburgh Pirates decision maker

Not going to lie, after being screwed by the Pirates and Mariners for all of my youth and adult life, went to my second Phillies game yesterday and......it feels kinda nice.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Redeye Flight posted:

N: :sweep: Get out them brooms plural, because it's a TWINS SWEEP, BABY! :sweep:

V: Yes, yes, against the A's, I know. It still had some close games for God knows what reason. The important thing is that it happened and we have gained ground, FINALLY, on the Best Division in Baseball -- shoutout to the Rangers, sorry Guards. If we can actually start pulling away from .500 I'll be ecstatic. Who's up next?

*checks notes*

Aw, crap, them? We gotta go fight Chaos itself? The other team constantly stuck as via gravity to .500?

Nuts. And I like the Mariners, too. Well, such is baseball. Get ready, Goms, we're coming to town!

All of the games were close games lol

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

All of the games were close games lol

Quiet, you. One of those was a three-run game, that's (barely) not what I'd call close!

(Pay no attention to how long it took to get that three-run gap because Lopez had a really bad day, we're not talking about that right now.)

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
After today's loss, the Padres are now 0-10 in extra inning games and 5-22 when adding in one run games so far this season.

Lol

Milovan Drecun
Apr 17, 2007
I masturbate in traffic.
There was basically no way the Twins could come out of that series and satisfied anyone. Every game could have been blowout victories and it would have just been, "well, it's the As"

Enjoy the victories, RF, that's the point of the thing

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Milovan Drecun posted:

There was basically no way the Twins could come out of that series and satisfied anyone. Every game could have been blowout victories and it would have just been, "well, it's the As"

I'm absolutely satisfied with a sweep no matter who we're playing

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

anyway here's a nutshot

https://twitter.com/AaronGleeman/status/1680700490651258880

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Milovan Drecun posted:

True, yeah. I do need to try to just start enjoying the moments more rather than thinking myself out of enjoyment.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

If that game wasn't a sign for the Angels to trade Ohtani, then I dont know what is

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I have no clue how the Astros won that series. They should have been swept.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

That series was wild as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Kirios posted:

I have no clue how the Astros won that series. They should have been swept.

Angels think they should have swept while the Astros think the same. That series was something else