Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Fajita Queen posted:

When I was ten years old having a sleepover at my house someone left the tv on and I woke up at like 4 AM about halfway through a lovely direct-to-tv horror movie called How To Make A Monster and it gave me nightmares for about a year.

skill issue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Doctor Bishop posted:

As someone who was really easily scared shitless as a kid, I am so, so very glad that I never saw Return to Oz until a couple years ago.

Wizard of Oz was terrifying to kid me with poo poo like the mind games that the witch plays on Dorothy and the scarecrow getting gutted by the flying monkeys in distinctly proto-zombie-movie fashion, so I can only imagine the psychic damage its utterly bonkers belated sequel would've caused had I seen it around that same time.

return to oz is a horror movie... change my mind

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

walked in on my older brother watching a really violent animated 3 little pigs cartoon when I was 7 that hosed me up for a while, it took me years to track it down again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qWMl6uXCfc

it was tales from the crypt lmfao

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Boba Pearl posted:

slow cooker san marzano vodka tomato soup, with a bit of parm and coastal cheddar at the end to finish took about 8 hours, and then I'm making grilled cheese but with kraft cheese slices because that's how my mom used to make them :blush: .

cheapo american cheese works super well, but i like to throw in a few slices of semi-fancfy melty cheese like comte or pepperjack too.

pepperjack might be my all-time favorite for grilled cheeses, but europa scorns the north american pleasures, so it's drat near impossible to find.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

wizard of oz is an isekai for kansasians.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

nah you're right, it absolutely loving is. no wonder disney was so terrified of it and had to be pressured into letting the director finish the production by the likes of george lucas and francis ford coppola.

Babe Magnet posted:

walked in on my older brother watching a really violent animated 3 little pigs cartoon when I was 7 that hosed me up for a while, it took me years to track it down again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qWMl6uXCfc

it was tales from the crypt lmfao

weirdly enough had a similar experience of walking in on someone else's older brother watching tales from the crypt as a kid, tho this one was of an intermission with the cryptkeeper draining some kind of fluid out of a corpse, but I didn't understand it was a corpse at the time so you can imagine how that stuck with me.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

the crypt keeper is a menace. how could he do this to us

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
yo congrats Boba im still catching up hope u didnt cancel urself somehow accidentally in the next 2 pages

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Babe Magnet posted:

lol sick, goons flipping out at the concept of shared/reclaimed language, endearment and friendship ftw

It makes me really sad lmao, like I'm trying to imagine a situation where someone has never heard somone call themselves a slur before. It FEELS like telling on yourself because no-one's felt comfortable enough to do it around you, but I think I'm probably assuming the worst.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Lady Radia posted:

yo congrats Boba im still catching up hope u didnt cancel urself somehow accidentally in the next 2 pages

happy to report i survived

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminal_USA

i must have seen this on its original PBS airing or something, when i was like, 8 or 9. but i spent years convinced i had dreamed this movie

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Lady Radia posted:

lmao

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

I’m pretty sure the first movie my parents ever took me to see in theatres was Batman Returns, and I was so freaked out the first time Batman showed up that I stood up and walked out of the theatre.

It’s only just now that it’s occurring to me that I was only like three years old when that movie came out.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

symbolic posted:

my dad slapped a parental control lock on the TV when i was like 7 because he insisted Ed Edd N Eddy was too violent for myself and my sister, but i managed to whine enough to get him to remove it as he decided i could be allowed to watch the much more pacifistic series, Digimon

lol

My dad tried to put a parental password on waaaay too late, like I was 12 or 13, but I watched him set it to "dad" :frogbon:

I didn't complain cause I just bypassed it but he removed it after like a week because it wouldn't let him watch anything without putting it in

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Lady Radia posted:

boba's photo of a sandwich was too appetizing so I'm cancelling her forever sorry it's harsh but it had to be done

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

My parents let me watch Tales from the Crypt in elementary school, but it was always on right before my bedtime, so I'd frequently fall asleep on the couch watching it, which is how I had the thrashing flesh wad nightmare that stayed with me for decades afterward. Inattentive parents, yeeeeah

This thread is also reminding me of the classmate from second grade who was bragging about his parents taking him to an R-rated movie. It was Arachnophobia, which I only learned in adulthood was PG-13. Elliot, you lying piece of poo poo!

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Congrats on Brain healing boba

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

boba's photo of a sandwich was too appetizing so I'm cancelling her forever sorry it's harsh but it had to be done

that sandwich looked so tasty we're going to have to take her colour vision back as penance

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Boba Pearl posted:

It makes me really sad lmao, like I'm trying to imagine a situation where someone has never heard somone call themselves a slur before. It FEELS like telling on yourself because no-one's felt comfortable enough to do it around you, but I think I'm probably assuming the worst.
it just comes from not going to cool clubs or hanging out with anyone but just sitting inside all day on twitter/sa/youtube. its understandable coming from 13 year olds but its kinda sad coming from grown adults

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also congrats on the regaining some color vision boba. soon you will be able to play that one mario party 2 minigame where the colored platforms raise and lower

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

copy posted:

still have a very vivid memory of mom and dad getting me this beavis and butthead picture book for christmas that had this thing (tv remote?) where you could press buttons on it with little pictures and it would say like "don't make me kick your rear end" or something and one of our cats kept trying to nest on it while it was still wrapped under the tree and pressing the buttons so christmas morning was just beavis and butthead wrapped in paper yelling from underneath a pretty content cat.

lol

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Congrats Boba that is wild in the best way

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
My mother was the spooky horror movie mom who went way too far with the witch costume on Halloween every year until eventually she was marching around with a hand painted clay skull on a staff while I was dressed as a pirate or a ladybug. Anyway her favorite movie is Hellraiser and I saw that when I was 8 or 9.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

also that's rad as hell boba!

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
hello, i just got back from playing trails in the sky sc for like 14 hours. finished that poo poo up, and yes i cried at the ending

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
did anything super funny and/or crazy happen on here today or was it just all really annoying

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

it was just all really annoying

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

did anything super funny and/or crazy happen on here today or was it just all really annoying

nothing in the past 700 posts or so was funny, so you're good

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

hello, i just got back from playing trails in the sky sc for like 14 hours. finished that poo poo up, and yes i cried at the ending

SC is on my to-do list for my JRPG 2-athon of Octopath 2 > Trails in the Sky SC > FF2 so I'm looking forward to it.

I do know the broad strokes of the plot from reading the completionist LP of it when it was current years ago but I've forgotten all the details and there's nothing like playing it for yourself.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Runa posted:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

When I was a kid I saw this alien ufo documentary that talked about and showed a picture of a child who got abducted and had a triangle scar mark on their forehead followed by a picture of a Grey and it freaked me out so much it sparked my obsession with aliens lol

Still can’t find this doc though.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Trails in the Sky owned and I need to pick up SC where I left off with it a few years back.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

CelticPredator posted:

When I was a kid I saw this alien ufo documentary that talked about and showed a picture of a child who got abducted and had a triangle scar mark on their forehead followed by a picture of a Grey and it freaked me out so much it sparked my obsession with aliens lol

Still can’t find this doc though.

I had a book about alien abduction when I was a kid and even then it struck me as weird that a bunch of the stories were "this dude got abducted, taken to a room and stripped naked, then a super hot babe came in, they had a bunch of sex, then the aliens kicked him off of the spaceship."

And it wasn't like some the only veiled erotica book because what I put in quotes was basically the level of detail in the book.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Endorph posted:

when i was a kid i rented pikmin and i was like 'the pikmin need a swim' so i directed all the pikmin to the water but they were all red pikmin so they just instantly drowned and im 90% sure that was the first time i realized that things could die

lol. but also video games teach important lessons.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Cthulu Carl posted:

I had a book about alien abduction when I was a kid and even then it struck me as weird that a bunch of the stories were "this dude got abducted, taken to a room and stripped naked, then a super hot babe came in, they had a bunch of sex, then the aliens kicked him off of the spaceship."

And it wasn't like some the only veiled erotica book because what I put in quotes was basically the level of detail in the book.

replace aliens with zeus or inanna or any other bronze age gods/goddesses and you have pretty much the same thing.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Runa posted:

:yeah:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Cthulu Carl posted:

The aliens like to milk people

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Jagged Alliance 3 is a ton of fun. Some rough spots with UI, but def recommend for series fans. Having a blast so far.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

CelticPredator posted:

The aliens like to milk people

I have nipples, Grey,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

copy posted:

still have a very vivid memory of mom and dad getting me this beavis and butthead picture book for christmas that had this thing (tv remote?) where you could press buttons on it with little pictures and it would say like "don't make me kick your rear end" or something and one of our cats kept trying to nest on it while it was still wrapped under the tree and pressing the buttons so christmas morning was just beavis and butthead wrapped in paper yelling from underneath a pretty content cat.

lmao