Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Somehow the word 'pacing' is the indispensable comic element in that tweet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Chasin my prey again in Margaritaville

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

zoux posted:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

zoux posted:

ZixTheYeti
Jul 12, 2005

Hellarious!

zoux posted:

Searchin’ for someone to assault.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I honestly don't know how I beat Morrowind as a teenager. I tried it again last year and gave up after trying to fight a cliff racer for 20 minutes and ended up dying. Which is a shame because it's definitely the coolest game world I've experienced.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

grittyreboot posted:

I honestly don't know how I beat Morrowind as a teenager. I tried it again last year and gave up after trying to fight a cliff racer for 20 minutes and ended up dying. Which is a shame because it's definitely the coolest game world I've experienced.

As a teenager you were probably willing to spend hours leveling up on mudcrabs before fighting cliff racers.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

ZixTheYeti posted:

Searchin’ for someone to assault.
Some people claim that there's a woman to blame, but i know.

It's that dude's fault.

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple

grittyreboot posted:

There are mods that make wildlife not insanely aggressive. It’s stupid and immersion breaking to just constantly be assaulted by cliff racers and suicidal mud crabs trying to hunt you down.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

grittyreboot posted:

Back in the day I played it with one character for 70+ hours and after exhausting most of the content I created a new character. I stopped playing within an hour because I could not get over how slow they walked, since that was tied to the Speed stat.

I could have just abused Alchemy in that game (higher Intelligence gives you better potion effects, like potions... that increase your Int!) but I think I was impatient to balance the right values so it doesn't make you too powerful. Breaking your weapon in a single hit because you've got too much Strength gets old quickly.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Just console your way around the parts that haven't aged well and cruise control your way around the world.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Sadly a PC is gonna be out of my price range for a long time. Console guy over here. Which sucks because I know there are mods that let you explore all of Morrowind and not just Vvardenfell.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I've never played any of the those games, but I'd really like to know how Vvardenfell is pronounced. Vuh-vardenfell??

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Leaving your character running against a wall all night is how you start the game.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Tree Bucket posted:

I've never played any of the those games, but I'd really like to know how Vvardenfell is pronounced. Vuh-vardenfell??

It's pronounced like "sword"

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Well, I feel foolish.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

VAR-den-fell

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Inceltown posted:

Leaving your character running against a wall all night is how you start the game.

Hops everywhere to train acrobatics.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

grittyreboot posted:

VAR-den-fell

That's what I guessed, but why the double-V?
At least it looks kind of cool.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Next you're gonna ask me how to pronounce Nerevarine or what CHIM is and how Dagoth Ur achieved anti-CHIM. Fuckin scrub.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

grittyreboot posted:

Next you're gonna ask me how to pronounce Nerevarine or what CHIM is and how Dagoth Ur achieved anti-CHIM. Fuckin scrub.

been saying this

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

grittyreboot posted:

It depends a lot on what your starting skills are. If you don't start good at some sort of combat skill or magic, then getting to be passable at them is a pain in the rear end.

If you start already good at it then it's not so bad, but yeah you can quite easily end up just useless as a character.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
A dragon broke pronunciation.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Booting up Morrowind for the first time, and completely loving yourself over with a terrible build or less than zero game knowledge was a rite of passage imho

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

These posts do not honor the Sixth House or the Tribe Unmourned

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

iirc a lot of people get burned out on morrowind because they don't know that when you're out of stamina your chance to hit with a melee weapon goes to poo poo. everyone always runs everywhere so they're perpetually out of stamina and then they meet an enemy and keep missing

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If you don't run everywhere you will die of boredom before getting anywhere.

It's an old game and is full of bad design choices.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

It's an old game and is full of bad design choices.

Well you're an old game full of bad design choices

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

grittyreboot posted:

got em

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

OwlFancier posted:

This is also true to life

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

OwlFancier posted:

I am already eating the ice cream, yum yum, all the time. The name of the ice cream is "ideology"

Guillotine so good. Gang Gang up on billionaires. Pop pop pop. Yes yes yes.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

grittyreboot posted:

Old, yes, but more like ai generated shovelware.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Morrowind = good
Every TES since = increasingly not as good

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

codo27 posted:

Morrowind = good

this

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

codo27 posted:

Morrowind = good

Morrowind is incredible but Skyrim is nowhere near as bad as Oblivion, cmon.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

https://twitter.com/tomwalkerisgood/status/1680793340642746370

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Beeswax posted:

Morrowind is incredible but Skyrim is nowhere near as bad as Oblivion, cmon.

Skyrim may be a better game in what amounts to 'objective' merits, balance or qualities, but I'd never pick to play it over Oblivion.

Morrowind would win out over Oblivion most days, but sometimes I'd prefer a game with enough physics and AI to make insane custom spell shenanigans hilarious.

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple

grittyreboot posted:

Next you're gonna ask me how to pronounce Nerevarine or what CHIM is and how Dagoth Ur achieved anti-CHIM. Fuckin scrib.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/_HEALTH_/status/1680720313942700034?s=20

A new wrinkle in the gang gang saga

https://twitter.com/notbigracks/status/1680589285131468803?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Oblivion's biggest drawback was the monotony of its namesake. Skyrim was just bland all around. And they hosed up navigation making it much harder to get around.